Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

2.30 on a June afternoon, heavy rain, 16mm so far today and 8.6c!

Disappointed though that the max of 10.1c was achieved this morning, as sub 10c June days are a rarity

Just 8.3c here, looks like like the rain is going nowhere fast so it may happen. One of the coldest June days I can remember.

Temp been steady since this morning, 8.4c the max.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

No June max below 12c over recent years here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

2.30 on a June afternoon, heavy rain, 16mm so far today and 8.6c!

Disappointed though that the max of 10.1c was achieved this morning, as sub 10c June days are a rarity

Just 8.3c here, looks like like the rain is going nowhere fast so it may happen. One of the coldest June days I can remember.

I must admit quite shocking Temps today! most of Wales are in the latest min temps atm http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=current;type=mint

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Just had some of the biggest rain drops I have ever seen. The shower itself was incredibly light but the drops were the size of snowflakes!

Posted

Looking at the radar the rain is rotating over the west country at the moment with showery outbreaks on the southern flank currently. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Yup, looks and feels like winter here with temps just below 10c and pouring rain. Is it really June??? :rofl:  :nonono:  :closedeyes:

Posted

Yup, looks and feels like winter here with temps just below 10c and pouring rain. Is it really June??? :rofl:  :nonono:  :closedeyes:

At least its not sleeting :)

8.3c, persistent moderate-heavy rain all day and now the wind has picked up and low, misty stratus has arrived. Will have to do a lot of digging through the archives to find a worse June day.

Posted

8.3c, persistent moderate-heavy rain all day and now the wind has picked up and low, misty stratus has arrived. Will have to do a lot of digging through the archives to find a worse June day.

My digging found that max 7 to 10c were in widespread June 1985, while in June 1975 some higher parts of the N Midlands were around freezing midday during snow!

• Like 1

Posted

At least its not sleeting :)

Which it kind of was earlier.

Posted

No nothing wintry today William!

Edited by TonyH

Posted

I mean I don't mind showers but for me showers have to be at least heavy to be interesting. I hate these showers that look menacing and black and then come over and give a load of cruddy light rain.

No nothing wintry today William!

I was joking! The drops were so big I thought it was!  :rofl:

• Like 1

My digging found that max 7 to 10c were in widespread June 1985, while in June 1975 some higher parts of the N Midlands were around freezing midday during snow!

Would these be the 1975 charts? -4 uppers into N England, quite impressive. Might not have been as wet here as today though, 20mm so far and lashing down and plenty more to come looking at radar.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Bobby

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

And 1985 went on to be a poor summer for many.....

Posted

I think theres a convergence zone right over my area currently. BS30

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

The Brecon Beacons at 800m is 4c and very heavy rain, but the Cloud bases as low as 300 m in the rain.

And looking at the radar it's getting battered atm http://www.raintoday.co.uk/mobile.... 4c and it's..... flaming June :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

16°C and sunny here.

post-15177-0-53043500-1401895663_thumb.j

Here's those sferics..

post-15177-0-44287300-1401895142_thumb.p

Edited by Mapantz

Posted

Back above 10c now as the rain peters out, 22mm since this morning.

Posted

I mean I don't mind showers but for me showers have to be at least heavy to be interesting. I hate these showers that look menacing and black and then come over and give a load of cruddy light rain.

I was joking! The drops were so big I thought it was!  :rofl:

Not sure though - a member on another forum reports sleet above 300m in the Brecon Beacons!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Broken cloud.  Showers. Some brightness.  9.9c.

Posted

Would these be the 1975 charts? -4 uppers into N England, quite impressive. Might not have been as wet here as today though, 20mm so far and lashing down and plenty more to come looking at radar.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Yes thats it the infamous June snow!