Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Hello to Meteorological summer! :D

Hello indeed :) For the 1st day of summer it ain't to bad at all, broken cloud with sunny spells here..... Currently 20.2c.

I can feel one of these coming on Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Cloudy today and cooler, Friday and Saturday were the better days here.

Posted

Cloudy today and cooler, Friday and Saturday were the better days here.

I noticed by your beach cam from Yesterday, i must say it doesn't look to warm at all!

Posted Image

Here tony we have....i'm sure Cov is pretty much the same.

Posted Image

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 1

Posted

DWW nearby Aberporth on the cliffs above Llangrannog was just 12.9c at 1300, its not so bad here inland, 16.4c currently.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

What a lovely sunny and warm day here for a change after so many dull,damp and cloudy days.

It's been great to be able to do some gardening and sit outside in Summer wear.

Hopefully some more to come soon after this week's blip.

Edited by phil nw.

Posted

Its been a warm blue sky, hot this afternoon, 20.4c

Nice, after a few days of cloudy but dry days.

No rain here since Wed, so garden got a nice soaking from hose as drying out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

It looks like it will be getting very warm the end of next week with a threat of more thunderstorms.

Posted

Pleasant enough day in the end, some warm sunny spells, 90%+ cloud coverage never hit till an hour ago and still bright now, maxed at 20.1c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Mainly cloudy here today but some warm sunshine especially around early afternoon. Thank god the Falmouth Red Arrows display was yesterday! :D

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Yes a lovely day yesterday, felt very warm in the Sun. Patchy cloud this morning but with light winds and the ground damp from an early shower.

Temp 12.5c

Wind S/W 6mph

Rain today 1.8mm

Posted

Talk about bbc getting the forecast wrong!!watched the forecast yesterday afternoon and it was meant to be heavy showers around and top temps of 17 here in the midlands!!well its the complete opposite here the sun is shining nicely all morning and temps close to 17 already at only 9am!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Talk about bbc getting the forecast wrong!!watched the forecast yesterday afternoon and it was meant to be heavy showers around and top temps of 17 here in the midlands!!well its the complete opposite here the sun is shining nicely all morning and temps close to 17 already at only 9am!!

shocking forecast! was expecting rain all day at 15C, well duh, looks like warm and sunny

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

A Dry day yesterday.   Cloudy but bright at the moment. 17.7c. Calm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

shocking forecast! was expecting rain all day at 15C, well duh, looks like warm and sunny

Absolutely! I'm stunned at how much they've cocked up on this one, showers and bursts of heavy rain were mentioned here, not a drop has fallen.They've been getting the forecasts wrong so often lately, it's getting beyond a joke.

Posted

Absolutely! I'm stunned at how much they've cocked up on this one, showers and bursts of heavy rain were mentioned here, not a drop has fallen.They've been getting the forecasts wrong so often lately, it's getting beyond a joke.

I must admit, at midnight i'd seen the BBC weather, there was mention of rain for the Midlands this morning and no rain during the night,

So guess what... it was raining at midnight and this morning is lovely :oops:

Posted

They're going backwards. Not a good turn by the BBC.

Posted

I think they were following model guidance  for fronts to produce rain when they actually were very weak affairs. If you looked at the forecast on Countryfile a few bands of rain/showers were shown moving slowly W-E last night and this morning. The radar I viewed at 06.00 showed one light but widespread band in the E, a very narrow barely noticeable drizzly line through the West Country then scattered showers in the far W. It's the way fronts should be in summer, weak due to higher pressure!

Yet another cool overcast day with low hanging stratus. A week with barely any sun now. Had a few showers and drizzle overnight, now 15.2c, 81% humidity after a overnight min of 10.8c. A fairly heavy shower right now, more expected to develop later but nowt of real interest.

Posted

I must admit, at midnight i'd seen the BBC weather, there was mention of rain for the Midlands this morning and no rain during the night,

So guess what... it was raining at midnight and this morning is lovely :oops:

Yes those fronts coming east seem to be fizzling away.

I had a nice round of golf this morning with warm sunshine and broken cloud.

A little more cloudy now but no sign of any rain so yes much better than the earlier forecasts.

Posted

Turning brighter now the low cloud has cleared away. Feeling very muggy.

Posted

Yes those fronts coming east seem to be fizzling away.

I had a nice round of golf this morning with warm sunshine and broken cloud.

A little more cloudy now but no sign of any rain so yes much better than the earlier forecasts.

Worked out well for yourself then.... Posted Image

Imagine if the BBC had us down for a morning of warm sunshine and broken cloud, but instead it hammered down, methinks there would be few on here Posted Image

So really who cares if they got it wrong, for now it worked out well for some Posted Image

Weds looks increasingly wet for most of the UK!.... Lets hope they get that wrong.... Happy Days.

Posted

Worked out well for yourself then.... Posted Image

Imagine if the BBC had us down for a morning of warm sunshine and broken cloud, but instead it hammered down, methinks there would be few on here Posted Image

So really who cares if they got it wrong, for now it worked out well for some Posted Image

Weds looks increasingly wet for most of the UK!.... Lets hope they get that wrong.... Happy Days.

Yes Dancer good not to have to wear rainproofs on the course-had enough of that these last few months.

Not sure if my luck will hold throughout this week,although tomorrow doesn't look too bad here.

Fingers crossed. :) 

Posted

Was nice between 1200-1500 with a fair bit of Sun, but ha  suddenly started raining from nowhere in the past hour. Started as isolated showers but now more sustained and heavier. No sign of any thunder though, surprisingly enough. 

Posted

I can see that now on http://www.raintoday.co.uk/mobile that band has blown from nowhere and moving East / North East!