Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

Think that's our lot for this neck of the woods. Brighter skies approaching from the south now. Been a bit of a let down the last 2 days to be honest, its not too much to ask to see a storm is it?! Plenty more days to come and im sure there will be a few frustrating ones but i am hopeful of seeing 1 storm this year even if I have to watch it on youtube haha!!

Ha I was right... no sooner the cell passes through it lets off a spark. Oh I love the Telford storm shield!!!!!

Yep the app on my phone said activity 15km away.... arrrggghhhh!

Posted

Something is trying to develop right on top of me. Very dark all of a sudden outside with the most threatening looking cloud I've seen all week. A brief smattering of rain just then. Thought once the front passed that would be it but obviously still some energy up there.

Now raining quite heavily..latest radar suggests it's a tiddler that's bubbled up near Stourbridge.

Edited by Gord

Posted

Think that's our lot for this neck of the woods. Brighter skies approaching from the south now. Been a bit of a let down the last 2 days to be honest, its not too much to ask to see a storm is it?! Plenty more days to come and im sure there will be a few frustrating ones but i am hopeful of seeing 1 storm this year even if I have to watch it on youtube haha!!Yep the app on my phone said activity 15km away.... arrrggghhhh!

Well it wasn't in this direction- only lightning I've seen was flashing across the stars last night.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Very heavy rain here..

Posted

Well it wasn't in this direction- only lightning I've seen was flashing across the stars last night.

It was towards Market Drayton. Wow stars and lighting that's pretty cool!

Posted

Took this picture about 10 mins ago in my back garden. Though I heard thunder but it was somebody moving a wheely bin lol!!

post-16028-0-58879600-1400613220_thumb.j

• Like 2

Posted

Another fail, just some moderate rain in the end, fresher now at 14.6c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Not surprised there wasnt many storms today. Was concerned for you guys as soon as I saw the messy satellite images around lunchtime. 

Posted

Well, another disappointment for today, grey skies for 95% of the day and no showers, wind, or real heat, just mugginess.

I hope it's not gonna go the same way as the winter?

Posted

Well, another disappointment for today, grey skies for 95% of the day and no showers, wind, or real heat, just mugginess.

I hope it's not gonna go the same way as the winter?

Seeing our best thunderstorm of the year so far happened in the heart of winter (Jan 25th)...then maybe that's exactly what we want!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Preciptitation today.....zilch!  Forecast for this morning, even at 8am, was for thundery showers through the morning, wrong; wrong again with lunchtime forecast of more thundery showers in afternoon.  Lovely, warm and sunny afternoon, chilly by sunset.

Posted

Did you hear anything.... i didn't :closedeyes:

Nope, not a thing. Never mind though, summer is just round the corner :)

Bish

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

haha ^

9.5C and calm here.

A bit gutted about the storms missing here, certainly Thursday am could be of interest! The bingo win has taken the edge off of the disappointment though.

Sorry if it seems like a nose rubber, but after some life & financial difficulties, it is an absolute godsend! Get to bingo, you never know!

post-15177-0-81814900-1400628412_thumb.j

• Like 2

Posted

Clear skies but for a touch of Cu and Ci.

Temp 9C

Wind calm

Pressure 1009mb falling.

Charts to the weekend

post-12275-0-41758800-1400651281_thumb.p

post-12275-0-87360300-1400651289_thumb.p

post-12275-0-44996700-1400651298_thumb.p

post-12275-0-18497000-1400651306_thumb.p

post-12275-0-11184400-1400651315_thumb.p

post-12275-0-83529000-1400651461_thumb.p

Edited by knocker

Posted

Clear, fresh and lovely start to the day, 7.6c after a low of 6.2c.

Posted

Yes, A Clear Sunny morning here with light winds, An overnight low of 7.9c, Currently 9.1c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Lovely morning, clear blue skies and light winds with a temp of 10.4c

Posted

Clear blue skies and very little breeze. Currently 13.3c following an overnight low of 6.4c

I liked the look of the BBC forecast last night, suggesting a band of rain and storms fanning north and west across England and Wales tonight - time will tell.

Bish

Posted

Feeling hot in the long sunny spells here, No idea what temp is as stuck working in the middle of a field again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

As Bish mentioned yesterday evening "Summers just around the corner" when looking outside today, you would think it's already here....Sunny-lishus :)

Until you pop outside... brrrr! a fresh start to the day it was this morning, 6.9c at 6:30 :blink2:  Just starting to warm up now 13.7c and wall to wall deep blue :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Good morning! It's the perfect start today, proper nice blue skies and warm At 15.5℃ :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Still lovely here, just hit 18c Not mega by all means, but feels alot warmer in this wall to wall sunshine :)

Moving on>>>>> The Met Office have extended their yellow warnings for much of England/Wales for tomorrow.

Looking very wet.... but at this moment in time the wet/thundery weather will happen overnight here in the Midlands.

For the SW of England & Wales you will also have rain overnight but it will carry on into tomorow morning for you guys.

Hopefully some beefy thundery showers for pm tomorrow.... yeah!...we'll see 8)

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted

A definite and obvious band of Cirrus moving in from the S/E now ahead of the next system. Still blue sky to the N/W with scattered Cumulus all over, so a really fine day which will see the sun turn hazier through the afternoon.