Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Sunshine and showers on Friday and Saturday / sunny and warm on Sunday according to the BBC. I hope they're right, can live with that.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

20c sunny feels nice and warm!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Noticed the much fresher feel last night and this morning but still pleasant enough out at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

The sky is a really weird hue today - despite being totally clear it's really milky, like what I experienced in the eastern Med one late August.

Posted

Clear blue skies and a very warm feeling 22c here.

Posted

Gorgeous blue skies and practically unbroken sunshine since finishing work at 3 woop, maxed out at 22.8c, currently 22.4c

Posted

Wet as in a millimetre or 2?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Not expecting much here tomorrow bar a few morning showers. Trough looks to pass through far to early here for storms.

Posted

Well, been at Center Parcs Longleat since Monday, weather is (currently) just right cool enough at night to sleep warm enough during the day to walk around in d=shorts ( frightening thought I know).  May go downhill tomorrow, but been a great holiday so far

Edited by NorthNorfolkWeather

Posted

Tomorrow looking wet, like 31st July last year

Looks like Sunny Spells and convective showers/possible storms to me, up around 21/22c.

Overall this July has been on par with last year here, a very consistent month for warmth and sunshine only let down by the 2nd-6th, much like last years 1st-4th.

Even the greyer days have had a sunny morning before the grot (Sat 12th) or a 3pm clearance to blue skies (today), a nice change from the 2007-2012 summer's where it would cloud over from 9am til 30 minutes before sunset :drunk: .

Shame that August is about to rear it's ugly head though with the same charts from the last decade :crazy: , thank goodness September always makes up for it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

It's been a respectable July, to be honest, and certainly quite bright, too. Probably could have done with some slightly cooler nights, though - the only real 'dark-side' about July, really. Otherwise I'd give it about an 8/10 overall. (This of which could get bumped up to 8.2 should a storm occur tomorrow).

• Like 1

Posted

Been a good July here too, mean max 23.3c so far which is at least 2C above average. Reasonable thundery activity though nothing especially intense here (and I missed some!)

Been a bit different to have the recent 'cooler fresher' weather to give still above average temperatures, in contrast to the 2007-2012 summers (although it will cool a bit more in the next few days).

Sunday was the coolest, still reaching 23.3c despite a lot of high cloud, Monday 24.3c, yesterday 25.5c and today 24.2c.

Last night was quite cool here falling to 8.8c despite yesterday's 25.5c max. When I woke briefly around 5:30 there was shallow mist/fog of the type that the top halfs of trees stick out above.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

The lowest maximum temperature here this month has been 17.9c on the 5th, 8th and 13th.

Assuming the maximum is higher than that today ( which seems very likely)  then 2014 will have equalled  2006 for the highest lowest maximum temperature on record in July. The lowest max' in July 2006 was 17.9c on the 9th.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

22°C and sunny.

I'll work out my stats later but suffice to say, July has been awesome. Where's Shedhead?

Lowest maximum was 20.1°C

I made a time lapse on my phone yesterday, it's not mega-long but it's around an hour and half condensed in to 19 seconds.

http://timelapseapp.net/pro/?t=7e0cb343-44f8-4c80-b166-818809a23bd3

Posted

The lowest maximum at Shawbury this month is an amazing 19.1C: I'm pretty sure that's higher than 2006. In the cr@p summer years weeks could pass without topping that figure, some months only had 2 or 3 days that did.

I also noticed that this months sunshine so far is more than July and August combined in 2010, June and July in 2012.

Posted

I was thinking of saying that was a suspect :)

Posted

Quite a rash of storms now over the Midlands especially Warks, Dad has it at Rugby direct hit there!

Posted

The worst of the storms have passed to the south of here, but I can hear the occasional rumble of thunder nonetheless.

Bish

Posted

Big one near Daventry now too