Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Looking very good for storms in Dorset soon. Looks like london storm heading south west!

Always around the 6pm mark during these setups Rap. Fingers crossed for later! :)I just sat up by the pond for a bit, still very warm- 27.1°C on this gauge, possibly warmer in an hour or so.post-15177-0-81317300-1406292938_thumb.j

Posted

Lots of sun again, some Cu bubbled up and a thin Cs and sheet passed to the south an hour or so ago. Over 25C again, but just looking at the satellite Im wondering what that stuff is to the east? Not north sea cloud cos its showing up on infrared, is it just haze or something brewing?

Posted

Sat here trying to gauge the direction of the storms heading WSW from the London area. Salisbury Plain will have a big say on fortunes for my area, it could deflect them more towards the South coast or it could be a breeding ground for further development once the disturbance gets here. Certainly a heck of a lot of hot air rising off the high ground today with some good updraughts in place judging by the Cumulus and TCu.

• Like 1

Posted

Always around the 6pm mark during these setups Rap. Fingers crossed for later! :)

I just sat up by the pond for a bit, still very warm- 27.1°C on this gauge, possibly warmer in an hour or so.

http:////f1.nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_images/tctc91_simplify/attachicon.gifWP_20140725_13_44_25_Pro.jpg

Are those kestrel handhelds any good just went on amazon and looked at the same one as your as its on offer?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Sat here trying to gauge the direction of the storms heading WSW from the London area. Salisbury Plain will have a big say on fortunes for my area, it could deflect them more towards the South coast or it could be a breeding ground for further development once the disturbance gets here. Certainly a heck of a lot of hot air rising off the high ground today with some good updraughts in place judging by the Cumulus and TCu.

yes, same thoughts here Andy, fingers crossed

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Are those kestrel handhelds any good just went on amazon and looked at the same one as your as its on offer?

Yeah, they're fantastic. The accuracy is superb for the money, they float and they are water resistant to a metre deep, so you can get water temperature recordings etc..I was extremely lucky, I got mine brand new on eBay several years ago for £39.99 - either they were off of the back of a lorry or the seller had no idea how much they were worth

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Heading for 30 here again this afternoon with a fair cloud cover too,  Will wait for more movement SW of London storm before getting excited!

Posted

Rather disappointingly, it's rapidly clouding over here. We managed 26.6°C a short while ago.

Bish

Edited by Bishop Brennan

Posted

Yeah, they're fantastic. The accuracy is superb for the money, they float and they are water resistant to a metre deep, so you can get water temperature recordings etc..I was extremely lucky, I got mine brand new on eBay several years ago for £39.99 - either they were off of the back of a lorry or the seller had no idea how much they were worth

I had a handheld anemometer a few years back was only a cheep one, these kestrels have always had good reviews and would quite like a decent one so might go ahead and order one.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Not quite made the 30c mark, max 29.5c so far, nonetheless the hottest day of the year again!

Posted

Afternoon all. Looking NE from here there is a line of fast forming thunder clouds. Would say they are currently 20 to 30 miles away or so but interesting formations. Could be storms over say Bridport, Yeovil and then perhaps coming through here (Axminster/Seaton area). Friends in Hampshire reporting intense storms moving SW. Keep a look out.

• Like 1

Posted

A rumble or two in the Cotswolds to my east. Yep - black as pitch and a storm brewing up. Dont think its got my name on as it appears to be sliding along the hills.

Not that I should complain about the number of storms that have hit this area recently

Essex/London and now Hants/Dorset appear to be having most of the action today ?

John

Edited by gloucesterlad

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, hot sunny weather

Thunder here in Gloucester and rain, complete surprise!!

Posted

Sat in the garden, sun shining, glass of red and it's raining lightly. Lovely and refreshing and wonderful earthy smell from ground. The joys of an English summer.

Posted

Lovely direct hit for me very heavy rain and gusty. Few nice booms.

Not as good as the other night, Prefer night time storms myself!

Edited by Rapodo
  • Like 1

Posted

V threatening black sky to my north.

Are we in for a surprise storm in next 30mins?

Posted

27c here now and the occasional, welcome light breeze has dropped. Desperate for a storm to freshen things up...

Posted

Your timing earlier seems to be perfect, Mapantz! :good:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Very hot today in the sun working on a Slate roof in Eyam, Was almost unbearable.

Posted

V threatening black sky to my north.Are we in for a surprise storm in next 30mins?

And we now have spots of rain.