Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

Northampton must be under a permenant cloud.  Even when surrounding areas have brilliant clear skies Northampton seems to be the only place with cloud cover.  Today is a perfect example.  Then come the evening it clears to wonderful blue skies....but a bit too late in the day.  Sort it out Northampton.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Dont worry the sun will be out there by 1300 I guarantee!

A rather warm 27c here!

Hmm you just have to show a little patience with these things:

http://www.camsecure.co.uk/NorthamptonSailing.html

Edited by TonyH

Posted

I see the met have removed the warnings now. Hard to imagine there's hardly any storm risk with such high temperatures. Especially now a breeze is starting to pick up here

Edited by Rapodo

Posted

It would be nice if, as we didn't get the storms, we could also not get their detrital high cloud on what would be the hottest day of the year. Hey ho it tends not to work that way. Sunshine notably weak and hazy with the temperature at 26.6c and struggling to rise nowIt will probably clear when the sea breeze kicks in later to cool it down a touch anyway.Temp now down to 26.1c, literally just north of the sun's position in the sky is clearer blue of course, but not coming this way.

Edited by Evening thunder

Posted

Few stormy looking clouds starting to pop up now, knew it was going to start building something soon as the wind picked up. Some destabilising starting to show up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

26c and a slight breeze but no clouds whatsoever! Finally a perfect clear blue sky day.... So far!

Posted

Lovely day here, up to 25C about already with just a few bits Ac, Cs and Cc and smallthe Cu quickly drifting over E-W. I see Wales is clouding over again though, noticed this the last couple of days too- strange.

Posted

Lovely day here, up to 25C about already with just a few bits Ac, Cs and Cc and smallthe Cu quickly drifting over E-W. I see Wales is clouding over again though, noticed this the last couple of days too- strange.

Not here its not, unbroken very hot sunshine and 28c! Almost unbroken sunshine yesterday too.

Definitely building storm clouds here. Lightening detected out to the east of me.

Looks spurious that one as nothing on the radar your way.

Edited by TonyH

Posted

30.2 in the shade now, 54 humidity. It got down to 24 last night, that was the lowest all night. I am out at 6 doing stuff in the garden and then by 9.30  indoors for the day. Hardly any water left in 1000 litres of water butts

Posted

29.0c the high so far, still unbroken sunshine

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Almost 29c now. Very hot. Come on let's make 30! :D

Posted

30.2 in the shade now, 54 humidity. It got down to 24 last night, that was the lowest all night. I am out at 6 doing stuff in the garden and then by 9.30  indoors for the day. Hardly any water left in 1000 litres of water butts

Unless you have used loads in the last 4 days that shows how some parts of the region missed the storms last weekend.

We have 2 large water butts and both were nigh on empty a week ago, but after 43mm of rain from Friday midnight until 15.00 Saturday both were full and look set to see us through.

Edited by Andy Bown

Posted

28.2 currently, very nice but still dont think it will make 30. Maybe tomorrow? Lovely day again with only a few clouds, if it can carry on next week this will go down as a good July as well.

Posted

We reached 27.5°C a short while ago, making this my second hottest day of the year so far :)

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

30.5C in Southampton. Hottest day of the year so far!

Posted

flipping heck, 32 now in the shade. Combines are going mad, harvesting

Posted

I can see a band of large storms which have developed in past 40 mins to my NE so Honiton/Exeter. Anybody under them - conditions?

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

I can see a band of large storms which have developed in past 40 mins to my NE so Honiton/Exeter. Anybody under them - conditions?

Where's out Newton Poppleford correspondent when you need him!  :rofl:

Hit the magic 30°C here this afternoon.