Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

Max of 26.9°C just after four o'clock here.

Just walked all the way to the dentist and back, thank goodness a remembered to put plenty of sun tan lotion on my baldy head!

Bish 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

29.5C this afternoon in Southampton (http://www.southamptonweather.co.uk). Unusual for temps here on the coast to rival those inland. Just hopes it last until my week off.... pretty please!

• Like 1

Posted

Couple of patches of ppn showing on the radar building heading Cotswold and Chippenham way. Couple of lightning strikes also detected. I'd relish a downpour both for the garden and to cool the humid air a little.

Posted

Easterly winds in Summer = NO breeze here, windless & humid, 26.4c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

oh ere we go again more weather warnings from the met office..to early to say weather met office goes over board yet again as the warning is for tomorrow.Will see lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

oh ere we go again more weather warnings from the met office..to early to say weather met office goes over board yet again as the warning is for tomorrow.Will see lol

Isolated thunderstorms producing 20 or 30mm in an hour or two is enough to cause flash flooding, the fact that this can occur 5 miles from you while you stay dry, is 99% an impossibility to forecast.

Posted

I just watch Ians local forecast and its not looking likely for my area not south west enough damn :angry:

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Max a sultry 28.6c in the end, still on 25c now.

Posted

Posted

Very nice evening really with it being 24.2c currently, some altocumulus increasing from the east maybe indicative of a small chance of a shower or something thundery tonight. 

post-7593-0-25686700-1406141119_thumb.jp

The sunlight and atmosphere does have that 'warm/hot' look to it, if you know what I mean.. slightly less strong and yellowish/orange sunlight than you'd get from a fresh Atlantic/polar maritime airmass, even though visibility's good.

Forecast minima for places around here are 19c tonight, something I'd have thought would normally be reserved for higher 850's such as 15C+, I think increasing cloud from the forecast disturbance will be partly responsible for holding temperatures up. 

I wonder what an easterly with over 15C uppers could do as has happened occasionally. 

Edited by Evening thunder
  • Like 1

Posted

Smelling very thundery, also gone gloomy with dark based TCu and possibly a CB, recent sharp shower, still at 26.0c!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Max a sultry 28.6c in the end, still on 25c now.

Thank ( insert deity of choice ) for altitude. Max' here was 23.0c and that was far too hot for my liking. Currently 19.0c.

I've only recorded 28.6c or higher 4 times in the last 37 years here and the last time was August 22nd 1995.

• Like 1

Posted

Very disappointing charts for the weekend, can't make it up really, sods law it will probably be back to blue skies come Monday once again haha!

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Recm962.gif

Edited by conor123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Very disappointing charts for the weekend, can't make it up really, sods law it will probably be back to blue skies come Monday once again haha!

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Recm962.gif

0nly if hot weather is your weather preference, great looking chart I think

Posted

0nly if hot weather is your weather preference, great looking chart I think

Love the sun, and warmth but only have chance to enjoy it if it's nice the weekend  :(

Pretty much wall to wall sun here this morning and afternoon, with some intervals this evening.

Temps reached 25.8c at Mumbles and 27.3c at Blackpill, the warmest day of the year, perhaps so far, perhaps full stop, time will tell.

20 odd maybe a bit more thicker cloud...shocker!! LOL. Sunday written off already. As for the last (lost count) weeks of nice?Cor blimey. :)Oops wrong one, not the moan groan thread, apologies!

Love the sun, and warmth but only have chance to enjoy it if it's nice the weekend  :(

I can see both viewpoints on the one hard it is a bit harsh to moan about the current weather, but if the weekend is cloudy after this week, I can understand the frustration.

• Like 1

Posted

I can see both viewpoints on the one hard it is a bit harsh to moan about the current weather, but if the weekend is cloudy after this week, I can understand the frustration.

u could add a 3rd view point and id like to be in the totally delighted that its cloudy at the weekend camp :yahoo:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

28.6c max here in the end. Reckon we can push 29c tomorrow especially as it seems it'll be slightly warmer tonight than last night. Disappointed it looks like going to Nw'ly crud next week with the most pathetic of breakdowns but thankfully it seems like we should still see low 20s. Can't understand at all why people would want it cloudy. Seems so antisocial.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

What is frustrating is working all week in a hot factory looking forward to bbq weekends only to get rain or cloud. This spell of weather is great dont get me wrong I love the sun but it's beyond a joke now weekend forecast is cloudy :(still I break up friday so I get 2 weeks off hopefully there will be sun!
  • Like 1

Posted

Can hear distant booms, checked on radar and there are quite intense storms that have appeared in the Channel and heading to South Devon (Torquay). Not what I expected!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Another beautiful start. Only went down to 17.8C here last night and looks like a hot one today - maybe 30C given the last two days' temperatures.

Posted

24c already I sense a 30c day

Edited by TonyH

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

24.5C with 42% humidity here and clear blue skies! Hopefully will beat yesterdays max of 27.3C here!