Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Bit cloudy this morning but starting to clear now and the temperature is fast responding. 23.5C and feeling humid.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Lets hope the Atlantic and all its associated fronts stays in the Atlantic for this forthcoming week & into the weekend, although the latests Fax charts suggest that there will be the odd 'trough' in which are 'associated with increasing cloud and risk of precipitation' and you can see that below on Thursdays FAX chart for the S/W & S/Wales, but very hit and miss.

post-11006-0-08026300-1405941687_thumb.j

Yes Triple "Classic tune...classic Summer" and long maybe it continue....i want to look back and think... a long hot summer just passed me by :laugh:

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Warm and sunny after thick fog early this morning, currently up to 24c.

Posted

And whilst a few troughs may enter the equation at times, increasing showery activity, imagine a heat infused deeper area of LP pushing in off the near continent.....wrapped around enough cape and LIs that'll put the last lot of tsms into the bushes? We can but hope lol.

Whats the TURKISH STATE METEOROLOGICAL SERVICE gotta do with it :laugh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Lets hope the Atlantic and all its associated fronts stays in the Atlantic for this forthcoming week & into the weekend, although the latests Fax charts suggest that there will be the odd 'trough' in which are 'associated with increasing cloud and risk of precipitation' and you can see that below on Thursdays FAX chart for the S/W & S/Wales, but very hit and miss.

Posted ImageCapture.JPG

Yes Triple "Classic tune...classic Summer" and long maybe it continue....i want to look back and think... a long hot summer just passed me by :laugh:

Slack flow = slow moving storms developing on Thursday. Interesting synoptics once again! :D
  • Like 1

Posted

Patchy cloud here also, not too over the top though, but enough to keep the temps down a little.... Currently 22.3c... I'm with ya on that one, Do one, cloud! :rolleyes:

Yes! Mapantz... "Slack flow = slow moving".. if heavy = big totals. Me and the family will be going to the Big Outdoors from thursday & over the weekend.

So you can have have them all if you like :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

sorry guys not got time to reply to all replies right now need to jet off back to work.Not a bad day today not exactly sunny which suits me when i travekl to and from work on me bike daily dont want it to hot.Looks like a pretty dry week not bad really considering its the last week of summer.well not officially but i dont class August as a summer month.Anyway i ll reply to replies later when im home

Posted

A photo was posted on a Warminster Facebook page from Thursday night which possibly shows a supercell structure to the lighting illuminated sky. I am trying to get the time of the photo from the photographer to then try and match it to a radar image but have had no reply to my message. I also posted it to my Facebook page asking advice from several Net Weather experts. I am soon to send it to Ian Fergusson.

Hopefully this will show you the image but it may direct you to the Facebook page

Supercell.htm

• Like 1

Posted

A photo was posted on a Warminster Facebook page from Thursday night which possibly shows a supercell structure to the lighting illuminated sky. I am trying to get the time of the photo from the photographer to then try and match it to a radar image but have had no reply to my message. I also posted it to my Facebook page asking advice from several Net Weather experts. I am soon to send it to Ian Fergusson.

Hopefully this will show you the image but it may direct you to the Facebook page

Posted ImageSupercell.htm

Great picture & a Great find. http://libreprensa.com/k/gareth-john-swift/3203546

post-11006-0-89309800-1405952940_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

25.4c. Broken cloud. Sunny periods.

Posted

Hoping the coming weekend is not spoiled by storms. I much prefer it dry, sunny and warm.

• Like 2

Posted

Oh damn, so according to that link he is from Essex, so why was it posted on a Warminster page!? Annoyingly it does look like an area of Warminster though.

Posted

Oh damn, so according to that link he is from Essex, so why was it posted on a Warminster page!? Annoyingly it does look like an area of Warminster though.

It seems that link was just coped from the BBC,Your Pictures. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-28383607

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Hoping the coming weekend is not spoiled by storms. I much prefer it dry, sunny and warm.

There won't be storms, looks like breaking down with a whimper from the NW

Posted

It seems that link was just coped from the BBC,Your Pictures. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-28383607

Yes, very frustrating! Thanks for highlighting that to me though. I now need to inform people of the facts!

Ah well I shall crawl back under my stone of loving whatever weather is thrown at Warminster and remember the best thundery period in this area since 2005, which was the case with or without a possible supercell!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Lovely day - 26c. I expect here won't be far off 29 maybe 30c later this week. Thunderstorm risk moderate for a time around Thursday.

Posted

I can see why the talking about heavy showers and thunderstorms in the south this morning for later this week.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/brack1a.gif

But GFS shows only odd light showers wednesday then confined more to the west Thursday.

Posted

I never once said i was a expert on the weather.That being said i have been to university which makes me a lot more educated than most on here.End of the day the weather will do what it wants to do wether it be a newbie forecast or a expert.Quit the attitude im not here for arguements with u or anyone else.Im not saying no more on the subject out of respect for the other members.

O and its my right to love the Winter and hate the summer just for the record.I dont have to like the summer just because others do.Surely theres others here which are the same lol

But you were constantly slating the MO at the weekend in troll-like manner when in fact you had plenty of thunderstorms! You sir, would seem to have the attitude, and having 'been to University' hardly makes you well educated in this day and age, what did you get out of interest? :hi:

Edited by TonyH
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

It looks like being the warmest day of the year here today.

I have 25.9°C on my Netatmo and 25.5°C on my Vue. Toasty!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Stunning day here, sunny with little could, a light breeze and 25.2C currently! Summer at its finest!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

25.8C already and sunny, though a worrying amount of cloud building just to the east. If it could stay there that would be grand as I have a few hours to enjoy the sun this afternoon and don't want it ruined by cloud!