Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

.....and back here in Gloucester its storm no 5 or 6 approaching.

But sleep deprivation now kicking in.

What an experience and prob not to be repeated in my lifetime I suspect

Hope some of u r also getting lucky !

John

Posted

Rain now stopped and getting brighter - nothing showing on the radar so time to give the dogs a walk!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Philip Avery BBC Weather : Anywhere south of Wolverhampton in the firing line.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

well that seems to be it here, not much else on the radar for now!!.

fromey

Posted

Have to say I'm a little dissapointed at how little storm activity has occured here, although I understand that the further west you are the risk had deminished anyway. Everything had occured about 15-20 miles to the East of me towards Yeovil heading Northward. Im not entirely sure if anything else will happen in this part of the country now, but the week ahead is looking warm/hot and the thunderstorm risk increases during the week.

On a side note, I really enjoy lying in bed listen to distant thunder booming away even if it was over 20 miles away. The bass on some of it was amazing, the way it echos from afar.

Posted

How bleedin tedious!! another band of 'light showers' arriving into here once AGAIN all the life in them reserved for Birmingham area  :nonono:

Type TF4 into the radar if you want a laugh.

Edited by conor123

Posted

New sferics now appearing near Hereford...that's a bit more of what we need for us to the west of the M5/M6!

Edited by Gord

Posted

New sferics now appearing near Hereford...that's a bit more of what we need for us to the west of the M5/M6!

That's more promising- on last night's lightning map you could just about trace the length of the A49  :laugh:

Since the last rumbles about 7am it's gone decidedly dank and dull, with not much rain. Humid but nowhere near as warm as forecast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, freezing rain, hail, thunderstorms!

Just driven back from Yeovil about 11/12 miles, sun is out now; About 30 mins ago, the scenes were quite incredible, flooding on many minor roads, thunder/lightning overhead - clearly visible in daylight and you could hear the thunder with the radio on and the heavy rain. The power went out at KFC - ended up with free Meal at the drive-thru, as no tills working!) Amazingly have now had 5 pretty heavy thunderstorms in 2 days. They seem to be generating off the south Dorset coast and heading north into East Somerset & Wilts, although looking clearer now. Happy Days!

Posted

.....and back here in Gloucester its storm no 5 or 6 approaching. But sleep deprivation now kicking in. What an experience and prob not to be repeated in my lifetime I suspectHope some of u r also getting lucky !John

....but this one is sliding east of me along The Cotswolds. Anyone north of that. look out !But still thundering around here :-)John

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Sunny 18.2c.

Posted

Sferics ahead of the Swindon/Cheltenham storm are spreading out towards Great Malvern, may be hope for us yet :-)

Posted

Well looks like the end has finally come what a great 2 days its been couldn't be happier hopefully the sun will come out soon to end the day on a sunny note.

Posted

For me this has turned into the best thundery day since 25th June 2005 simply for the frequency of the thundery activity. I've lost count of how many separate storms have moved either close enough West/East to witness or have hit directly overhead since just before midnight - at a time when some people were saying it was game over LOL due to nothing showing on the radar/detectors, then explosive development occurred and has repeated itself first thing this morning and again from late morning.

43mm of rain since midnight, the wettest 24 hour period since 23rd December.

Clearing up and becoming very steamy now, what chance for some more action later!

Have to say I'm a little dissapointed at how little storm activity has occured here, although I understand that the further west you are the risk had deminished anyway. Everything had occured about 15-20 miles to the East of me towards Yeovil heading Northward. Im not entirely sure if anything else will happen in this part of the country now, but the week ahead is looking warm/hot and the thunderstorm risk increases during the week.

On a side note, I really enjoy lying in bed listen to distant thunder booming away even if it was over 20 miles away. The bass on some of it was amazing, the way it echos from afar.

Thin you've had your fair share this year lol! It was the turn of us 25 or so miles East! Re the thunder sound, it's been superb to hear for most of the last 15 hours!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

That storm in Wiltshire is starting to look very interesting..........heading NNE towards us perhaps?

Bish

Looking good :yahoo: Could be a direct hit!!! http://www.raintoday.co.uk/mobile

post-11006-0-31181200-1405778746_thumb.j

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

sun keeps popping out and temps responding nicely, 20.0c

fromey 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

How bleedin tedious!! another band of 'light showers' arriving into here once AGAIN all the life in them reserved for Birmingham area  :nonono:Type TF4 into the radar if you want a laugh.

I know Conor! Its past a joke now so bloody annoying ! Would be nice to catch a storm in this neck of the woods but a storm's round here are rarer then rocking horse ***t lol.....

Posted

Storms seem to have a more easterly movement to them again, so I can see why members in Solihull might be getting excited. Coventry and possibly Rugby should be looking out to.

Things more sproadic to our south west...but it's there and it's approaching so we're not in a bad position at all.

Edited by Gord

Posted

Decided to go for a quick walk around the estate - BIG mistake! It's absolutely, excruciatingly humid here. Now I'm sweating like Elvis at a breakfast buffet.

The skies to the SW are turning very dark............ :yahoo:

Bish

• Like 2

Posted

For me this has turned into the best thundery day since 25th June 2005 simply for the frequency of the thundery activity. I've lost count of how many separate storms have moved either close enough West/East to witness or have hit directly overhead since just before midnight - at a time when some people were saying it was game over LOL due to nothing showing on the radar/detectors, then explosive development occurred and has repeated itself first thing this morning and again from late morning.

43mm of rain since midnight, the wettest 24 hour period since 23rd December.

Clearing up and becoming very steamy now, what chance for some more action later!

Thin you've had your fair share this year lol! It was the turn of us 25 or so miles East! Re the thunder sound, it's been superb to hear for most of the last 15 hours.

Yeah I suppose you are right, although nothing like the intensity of some of the storms that some people have, and continue to see now :)  Living this close to the south coast (Lyme Bay) I start thinking to myself, if storms that are active over the channel then hit land and decay, Am I close enough to see them or, on the other hand, If they are not active over the Bay but become electrified over land, will I be too far south to miss them when they 'pep' up as it were! If you know what I mean!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

sun keeps popping out and temps responding nicely, 20.0c

fromey 

Lets hope we see some nice home grown activity kicking off in a couple of hours once that sun heats up that wet ground.. :bomb: