Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Hi guys, what a great time to come back :) Interesting times ahead!....let's hope it lives up to its potential 8) 

lol.... when Bish starts to use the word "juicy" things are on the up :p

Currently 25.4c

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUt_XE67lqk&feature=youtu.be

Sorry don't know how to make it a video window instead of link?

Pressed record on the webcam last night, caught a proportion of the lightning although it was much more frequent than this, a couple of forks in there though!

Edited by TonyH

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Apart from the humidity it's not much like the forecast here as yet. Mostly overcast with a sheet of St which thins at times to allow a little hazy sunshine. The temp' is 19.3c with a 14 mph NE/E breeze. Just 9 minutes of sunshine so far today.

Posted

Sun breaking through from time to time, but doesn't seem any hotter than yesterday especially with that strong Sly breeze.

Only hope is a repeat of 1st Aug 2013 when it jumped about 3pm from 23 to 29.

Posted

The cloud and cool breeze are irrelevant as it is the upper conditions in which the storms will form. The 30c over SE England should help too.

Sunny intervals, very humid 24c here.

Edited by TonyH

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

22.6C and the cloud is breaking up now and the sun gets through every so often! I just subscribed to the full package for a month to see how it is and I could play around with the multitude of graphs and charts all day :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Fantastic storms here last night, will post up some pics later.

i have to agree, surrounded by constant lighting, shame i couldn't  find my camera, hopefully round 2 will come later.

fromey

Edited by fromey

Posted

18 July 2014 - An amber severe weather warning for parts of the UK has been issued by the Met Office as intense thunderstorms are expected through Friday night and the weekend which could cause disruption.

Posted

Warmed up somewhat in past hour or two, shaded thermometer in back garden showing a respectable 28.6C. So beaten yesterday.

How are the E Mids doing? MO had most of it stuck on 21-23C at 2pm, thats nearly 10C below the forecast!

Posted

Feeling hot now Posted Image skies have pretty much cleared..... 27.2c Posted Image

Posted

Funny isn't it.

On that Friday night into early Saturday morning in June those of us in Wiltshire/East Somerset were disappointed while areas a little further West / North got battered, last night was almost the exact opposite hence the happiness of myself and the guys from Westbury / Frome and comparative disappointment from the North Somerset coast members!

Tonight's fun is beginning to get its act together on the Western French coastline, expect that to drift up and expand during the evening as well as other storms to fire like they did rapidly from late evening yesterday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Got a feeling Dorset will miss the storms tonight its just not hot enough here only 22 and cool breeze.Think its going to go east to much. Hope I'm wrong

What Tony said. I wouldn't worry about that at all. As long as you have a dew point of 15C+ it means there's great moisture content. I'm pretty confident for Dorset tonight. :)

Posted

The clouds are burning away rapidly now. Temp is currently 27.7°C and still climbing.

Hi guys, what a great time to come back :) Interesting times ahead!....let's hope it lives up to its potential 8)

lol.... when Bish starts to use the word "juicy" things are on the up :p

Currently 25.4c

Welcome back, Dancer! Your timing is impeccable. Did you catch any of the fireworks last night?

Bish

• Like 1

Posted

Warmed up somewhat in past hour or two, shaded thermometer in back garden showing a respectable 28.6C. So beaten yesterday.How are the E Mids doing? MO had most of it stuck on 21-23C at 2pm, thats nearly 10C below the forecast!

26c now. Better, but still 4c off the target with an hour or 2 at most of warming up time.

Posted

The clouds are burning away rapidly now. Temp is currently 27.7°C and still climbing.

Welcome back, Dancer! Your timing is impeccable. Did you catch any of the fireworks last night?

Bish

Got back yesterday evening, straight round to mates, had a few drink y poos and at 3am sat watching it.... Great to be back!

POTENTIAL FOR TOMORROW IS AMAZING.....CAPE VALUES OF -8/-9...... BRING IT ON!!!!

• Like 1

Posted

Back garden now up to 29.5, equals 1st Aug last year as the warmest since 2006. 

I see the Hebrides are having a decent day too: 23.5 at Skye, 21.5 at Tiree, 21.0 at South Uist at 1500. But what's going on in Yorkshire and the Humber? Most of that reason is stuck at 17-19C.

Posted

26c now. Better, but still 4c off the target with an hour or 2 at most of warming up time.

What you expected 30c in Liverpool today!?

Back garden now up to 29.5, equals 1st Aug last year as the warmest since 2006. 

I see the Hebrides are having a decent day too: 23.5 at Skye, 21.5 at Tiree, 21.0 at South Uist at 1500. But what's going on in Yorkshire and the Humber? Most of that reason is stuck at 17-19C.

Cloud and east wind off the chilly North Sea perhaps

• Like 1

Posted

Just into the very warm category for here today, max 24.8c, some 5c above average.

Posted

22.1 at Kinloss, 21.7 at Edinburgh.... it seems to be just from Lincs up to the Scottish border that's suffering.

Edited by Summer of 95

Posted

Sorry I should have mentioned I'm in Nottingham at the moment.

27c now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

Hello everyone, long time no see.  This image was posted by Netweather on Twitter this morning http://ow.ly/i/6gJxe/original and I had to chuckle as there is a hole in the middle of the masses of crosses where of course I live :D I've watched snow clouds on the radar go around us and reform, it looks like thunderstorms do too!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Warmest day of the year here in Bewdley with a max of 27.8 °C, though a degree or so down on what I'd expected given last night's forecast. The sun took ages to really break through, and as late as midday it felt surprisingly cool under overcast skies with quite a fresh breeze. Not really feeling really hot and humid until 14.00 or so. Now 26.0 °C and all very quiet here. That may not last more than a few more hours...!

Posted

When you look at what is happening right now and you assume nothing else will develop...you would have to say that we will miss out tonight.

But that would be too bold a statement at this early stage, lots of development time to go.

I would say it looks excellent for the Southeast and EA right now and we're going to have to wait just a couple more hours before we get an idea of what we might get.