Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

Unbelievable  :rofl: every single storm/torrential downpour fizzled into a moderate shower upon reaching here all night and the South East which wasn't even meant to be get anything till tomorrow gets pasted as usual !

Posted

Thunder now! After typing that... May have been an isolated rumble but it was a rumble... And another , started raining again

Had a feeling that one I heard about 30 mins ago was heading your way!

Posted

Had a feeling that one I heard about 30 mins ago was heading your way!

Yes. Flash. And crash- it's overhead! Don't know where this has come from, the main band has moved through and the sun was out 15 mins ago.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

small storm just cleared to my north, few rumbles, but no lightning seen, most of my storms seem to be around 7-8am

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Morning , I can say with absolute faith that I witnessed one of the most incredible storms of my life last night . Two intense storms , one to my west and one to my east . Constant lightening , fork , sheet , and bolts , with loud crackling thunder , bombs going off all around me, realy quite scary at times. The forecasters never saw that coming last night. I don't think any of us thought it was going to go off like that? Although warnings were issued by netweather an co come late afternoon , the intensity and how widespread they were really shocked me . What a night !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

Yes. Flash. And crash- it's overhead! Don't know where this has come from, the main band has moved through and the sun was out 15 mins ago.

Even Shrewsbury getting thunder the place which gets less then Telford... Oh well im off to work now to melt lol!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Epic fail for me last night.

saw lots of lightning last night to my East but nothing for Weston

finger crossed for tonight and tomorrow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

Just wanting your opinions; do any of you believe that the Bristol or areas that far west will receive thunderstorms tonight. Because ESTOFEX hasn't seemed to call that with their forecast today?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

epic fail number 2.......Wifey and kids have just told me that we had a cracker of a storm here.........and I, the local storm nut,  slept through it!.....  :cray:  :cray:  :cray:

Edited by ajpoolshark
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Fantastic storms here last night, will post up some pics later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, freezing rain, hail, thunderstorms!

Yes, same here - thunder not so loud, but plenty of forked lightning and only a few spots of rain! Luckily able to watch, using the excuse that it was too hot to sleep anyway - how many other halves put up with summer curtain twitching, as bad as the winter tradition of lamp post watching for snow, LOL

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Lots of frequent lightning and thunder here for a times at night. :)

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Storms?  What storms?  We had zilch here, no rain at all, only a couple of very distant rumbles and a lot of equally distant flashes.  Between 01.00 and 02.00 we were bathed in a glorious moonlight.

Posted

I was woken by a brief but fairly lively storm at three o'clock this morning, plenty of T&L. I swear the first crack of thunder sounded like something exploding in the sky, a genuinely frightening noise.

Looking at the radar, it seems something is already forming in the gap between Birmingham and Coventry  :good:

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

Storms?  What storms?  We had zilch here, no rain at all, only a couple of very distant rumbles and a lot of equally distant flashes.  Between 01.00 and 02.00 we were bathed in a glorious moonlight.

Likewise here to! The lightning out in the channel was really intense but as usual as it came towards the coast in many places it stopped, and then reformed again in all those favoured spots to the east of here, saw lots of distant flashing and odd rumble. Now the misty crap you get often after a storm is with us down here and you can bet your bottom dollar that will kill the storm potential later!!!!!!!!

Posted

Did we have any storms here in North Bristol?

I was completely zonked out sleeping.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Epic fail for me last night. saw lots of lightning last night to my East but nothing for Weston finger crossed for tonight and tomorrow

Yep, non event in these parts last night but it's tonight I'm interested in.
  • Like 1

Posted

Yep, non event in these parts last night but it's tonight I'm interested in.

Not such a favourable position for the storms tonight as last night but hopefully just like last night the storms will be much more widespread than forecast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

No direct hit as such for me but certainly the best lightning for 9 years, crawlers and CG's.. Deep rumbles.. And a few peels. If that is just a taster?

Cloudy and 18C here, MO only go for 21 being the maximum.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

No direct hit as such for me but certainly the best lightning for 9 years, crawlers and CG's.. Deep rumbles.. And a few peels. If that is just a taster?Cloudy and 18C here, MO only go for 21 being the maximum.

could be!......M4 corridor and south of that looks a good bet for tonight, and as already posted in the storm thread, UK4 modelling wants to develop some nasty looking surface based storms saturday afternoon for Wilts/Dorset/Hants spreading up towards the midlands.

Early morning sunshine has given way to low cloud here now, still warm and muggy, cloud should burn off by lunchtime

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I am almost debilitated this morning as well. Gout has spread right across my foot, the pain is excruciating- feels like it is about to explode. It is typical on a night with so much potential! I'm off to the docs in a minute, I need some kind of relief. :\