Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

If what Axminster had is anything to go by I wouldnt get that excited :-/

Tonight was never meant to be the main thunderstorm action anyway, tomorrow night is looking much more interesting.
  • Like 1

Posted

A few rumbles and a short lived shower at about 09.30, rain just started again and stopped shortly after. Sea breeze picked up now so humidity gone. All in all not much to report. The tasty cells looked to be over West Cornwall.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

A few rumbles and a short lived shower at about 09.30, rain just started again and stopped shortly after. Sea breeze picked up now so humidity gone. All in all not much to report. The tasty cells looked to be over West Cornwall.

Yep my second home of St Ives appears to be right in the sweet spot with the thunderstorms at the moment, wish I was there!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Is there any electrical activity left in the area shortly to enter south wales? or has it faded out? Shame there doesn't seem to be much forming behind it away from the eastern side!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Dont think anything is expected over the Midlands tonight except perhaps the far west.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

I have some evidence that it is in fact storming in my area right now

Lightning did not show very well, but you'll hear the thunder

• Like 2

Posted

Looks like we got another storm, really bright lightening and thunder louder this time, sounds like hail mixed with the rain too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Gosh I would love to have been in Falmouth tonight!!! Superb pictures. Glad they have had something. First widespread storms down there like tonight for a long time.

Meanwhile still looking good for Saturday here. Some are not reading the charts properly at all though, assuming the new Estofex is game over for the Midlands when it only goes up till 6am Saturday! Our turn comes after then!

VERY WARM currently though at 21c.

Edited by Costa Del Fal

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I do every night anyway, worst sleeper, hate light mornings, cannot remember last time I was asleep post 5.30am

Wow you seriously need to get some black out curtains.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Some loud rumbles of thunder here now, and some torrential rain has just kicked in aswell. Still feels very warm despite the rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Cracking stuff over the Forest! Here is another webcam showing the storm coming up the eastern side of the Island: http://driftwoodbeachbar.com/webcam/

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

Storm here in Radstock. Lots of lightning, thunder and short intense bursts of rain.

• Like 1

Posted

Just heard thunder! :-) I seem to book the best days off work as I have tomorrow off and can stay up all night again!  :yahoo:

Posted

From Tony on UKWW.

The theta in general looks initially blunt and really doesn't resemble a plume at all. Though by early Friday morning a more visually spiked theta plume looks to become apparent and GFS currently introduces some very strong thunderstorm activity (possible MCS) primarily Dorset through to central regions overnight. 

So it seems these storms in the South could sustain themselves for some time and become strong which they sound like they already are. Could be an early wakening in the Midlands, especially West and South Midlands.

• Like 2

Posted

Sole distant lightning flash to south just after midnight, moderate rain showers, 20c!