Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

Trivial rainfall amounts to come in the next few hours as the weak Cold Front heads across and even less rain as a Warm Front then heads North tomorrow to usher in the plume. I have had only 36mm of rain since the very wet day on 4th June.

Ian Fergusson's BBC Points West forecast showed a complex LOW sat just to the SW of the UK on Thursday night/Friday and his graphics had heavy showers Thursday night then thunderstorms on Friday - though he stressed timing is still to be nailed down. The most notable aspect was Thursday night's minimum of 19c!

Posted

Wish this front would either produce some rain or sod off. All its done is make it cloud over and stay irritatingly humid, without giving any weather. Its been here since 10 this morning and done nothing.

Will this heatwave produce? No point having a low too close producing cloudy humid crap or worst of all a SE only hot spell.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

After a muggy low of 16.3°C it is currently 21°C with a few sunny spells developing. Humid at 70% though.

My current average temp for July (up to the 14th) is 17.23°C - every day this month has hit 20°C and above.

I've just realised as well, 26 out of the 30 days in June hit 20°C and above too, it just goes to show how darn good it has been here.

• Like 1

Posted

Once a line of storms has formed and has progressed as far as a line from say Swansea to Swindon or thereabouts, a ts ramp may become inevitable..

I think you'll find some of us will already be ramping if that suggested line has occured lol !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Typically I'm in London from tomorrow until Friday afternoon so no doubt I'll miss any thunderstorms in the West Country as I don't get back until Friday night. Fingers crossed they are delayed until Friday night!

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Apart  from the thunderbugs, a thoroughly pleasant day here.

After morning cloud and sunny internals, in that order, Another one of those days here, look out to the south and clear blue skies, look up the north and cloud cover, with  brightness./ hazy sunshine in between.

Now Sunny with  a little cirrus edging in from the South West.

Posted

Overcast all day at work then brightened up for 4pm finish, here's hoping for some decent storms outside of working hours for once Thursday Night/Friday/this weekend.

Darn typical Telford finally got direct hits in June (more than once) for the first time in years now i'm in a windowless office :nonono:

Edited by conor123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Im in London on Friday. Going to be a scorcher with 32c possible, feeling more like 34/35c probably!

Looks like Thunderstorms thursday night for the West and some Central parts then some Central and Eastern parts Friday night into Saturday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Enjoyed a few beers in the garden tonight, felt brimmin lovely in the evening sun. Hoping we get some decent storms toward the end of the week!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

Living in Northampton and working in London, so getting heat on all sides by the sounds of it.  Loving the heat and sunshine but not looking forward to cramped and sweaty commuter train each day though.  oh well, can't complain too much.

Posted
Latest from the Chief Forecaster 1044. Following a build of very warm and humid air from mid-week onwards there is the potentialfor the development of large thunderstorms over the UK from Friday night. In this situation large amounts of energy are available in the atmosphere and this coupled with high moisturecontent can lead to torrential downpours along with frequent lightning activity, large hailand locally strong gusts. In this situation many elements need to come together at the sametime to form these thunderstorms and so there remains large uncertainty in their development.This alert is therefore likely to be updated in the coming days.
Edited by knocker
  • Like 1

Posted

Meanwhile before the thundery activity it's a stereotypical warm sector day in West Wiltshire with a humid feel, a lot of Stratocumulus, some very warm sunny breaks and some drizzly showers blowing through on the WSW breeze.

• Like 2

Posted

21°C and cloudy. Bournemouth is quite a lot warmer than here, which surprises me today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Really not to sure what to expect thundery wise for the West Midlands Region on Friday and Saturday. Maybe something clipping the region Friday morning. Then early Saturday it seems to be the East's turn but if models like the NMM are correct, activity could move westwards again and actually rather pound this area later in the day.

Posted

Dull, dull, dull out there and very humid with some light rain and 20.5c.

Friday's downgraded a lot again typically today, was showing 26-28c and thunderstorms exploding Friday afternoon until today's charts, now looks like cloudy skies pushing in from Wales.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rmgfs5112.gif

Here's hoping for some last minute westward adjustments again.

Posted

Indeed, we're always on the edge in these situations. However, I can think of many times when it has worked out for us so keep thinking positive. There have been lots of times when we've had our own group of storms drift in from the Southwest in these scenarios. Last July was a good example. Some pretty active storms on the morning of the 23rd July if I remember correctly.

...and we're not having too bad a year for storms so far this year in the West Midlands...could always improve though. Although the most exciting was still that January 25th one in my book so far!

Dull, dull, dull out there and very humid with some light rain and 20.5c.

Friday's downgraded a lot again typically today, was showing 26-28c and thunderstorms exploding Friday afternoon until today's charts, now looks like cloudy skies pushing in from Wales.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rmgfs5112.gif

Here's hoping for some last minute westward adjustments again.

Even if some miss out on heat/storms/sun delete as per personal preference, next week is looking promising with temps in low to mid 20s upper 20s at times for much of next week.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Damp breezy day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Well a cloudy wet day for the most part! 18C atm but tomorrow should be nice around 26/27C, just hope the storms come off in the night!!

Posted

UV indexes of 8 for some on Friday folks!! Enjoy but take care. That's Very High category. Is Ozone low or something? Odd that almost a month after the solstice we are yet to have our highest UV!!!

Posted

Violent, intense, spectacular, severe, take your pick :) all describing the forthcoming "showery" spell..

You could add 'dud' to that list, I'm sure I'll be using it lol
  • Like 1