Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

Barely any sunshine today and bland showers, 16.9c, looking at todays charts we may well be on track for one of the worst/coolest August's in many years.

Yes indeed looking much cooler next week.

Had a very heavy shower today,did I expect any thunder not really not from a NW-ly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

pretty much dry all day here which is very surprising considering the forecast and the radar imagery during the day to the west and north west......rather disappointed if I'm honest with not a sniff of a storm

You have done pretty well recently, at least through travelling out and about! :)

Posted

Really dark to my west almost over head now, might have to turn the light on soon tbh!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

You have done pretty well recently, at least through travelling out and about! :)

yep, I've had to travel.....wouldn't mind one just turning up on my doorstep though 

Posted

Finally a pleasant evening, plenty of sunshine now and..well only 15.9c with a chilly breeze, but an improvement on recent evenings at least.

Posted

Interesting squall around 16:14 over northern Poole, this afternoon, which produced some small cones from the lower front edge and generated visible rotation over the area for a couple of minutes. Nice, reminded me of June in the USA...luv it.

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Moderate rain here,  3.8mm so far, Temp 11.8c, N/W 2.8mph

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Cool one this evening, down to 10.0c already, ground frost season soon

Posted

Bournemouth echo newspaper has a picture of the twister reported this morning near Weymouth, certainly not surprised having seen some rotation over our house this afternoon.

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Did have some more rumbles of thunder here around 2pm. Maybe something tomorrow too (Friday) but low risk.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Rather surprised when I looked this morning  to see a Met' Office yellow warning out for my area this afternoon but, looking at the various charts since I can see why.

Surely by the law of averages I'm due a direct hit ( but not in the lightning sense I hope! ) from a decent storm. So many have come within a few miles of here this year, sometimes giving 30-40 mm of rain just 4 miles away, while I'm left with the pluvial crumbs at the edge of the table.

• Like 1

Posted

19.5°C and sunny. I'm expecting a dry day just like yesterday.

Hah your turn for it to go all around you, after a twister in Upwey & rotation in Poole, and rain drops the size of 50p pieces in Bournemouth. Ho hum..

Posted

Well, I'll have to wait for another time.

No thunderstorms developed anywhere in this area and any heavy showers were once again well to the east. There's a light shower falling at the moment but nothing very exciting on the radar heading in this direction.

Posted

A top temp here today of 17c, Just the odd light Shower here this afternoon leaving 3.6mm.

Currently; 14.6c. N/W 7.6mph.

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

These showers can be so fussy sometimes! There's a fairly recent one passing by me about 10 to 15 miles to the East. A slightly more of a Northerly element to this North-Westerly flow could have helped steered some of these finicky cells further West. Also, that row of approaching showers just to the North-West do seem to be becoming depleted of power (although the Eastern side of that row seems to be holding out better)

Feels fairly warm at the moment with the temperature around 19*C.

(Edit: Had recently took a couple of pics of this to the South with what looked like some anvils trying to develop. But it seems some medium level cloud is trying to get in the way of it now).

post-10703-0-73364400-1408125721_thumb.j

post-10703-0-95798500-1408125800_thumb.j

Edited by DiagonalRedLine

Posted

A top temp here today of 17c, Just the odd light Shower here this afternoon leaving 3.6mm.

Currently; 14.6c. N/W 7.6mph.

That's a lot more than I got, P.M. Just 0.2 mm up to 1800 g.m.t.

Posted

That's a lot more than I got, P.M. Just 0.2 mm up to 1800 g.m.t.

You seem miss-out every time by a knife's edge just lately!

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

Wet day with frequent showers and almost no sunshine, max of 17.6c.

Wasn't prepared for summer to end so suddenly, feels like just flipped from such a long spell of humid, sultry, very sunny conditions to October out of nowhere, holding onto a glimmer of hope for a sunny Bank Hol weekend even if it is chilly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

My view is Autumn has started. Absolutely no empirical evidence, but tree rats are busy, blackberry ready and sloe and apples nearly ripe and just that ''feel'. But then i've always considered august to be the start of autumn.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Summer seems to have come back this morning. Really sunny with a lot of the blue stuff around. 15*C here at the moment.

Edit: I think I spoke too soon. An army of clouds from the West has suddenly gone and taken away all of Solihull's blue skies from earlier. :/

Edited by DiagonalRedLine

Posted

Certainly feels cool today here, Currently Cloudy, Temp 12.7c West 10.6mph, Gusting 15.2mph.

Posted

Jeeze thought today was going to be 'bright' at least, grey, chilly and gusty, 16.2c  :nonono: