Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Some very decent temperatures this week in a NW'ly flow and long sunny spells, only had a few early evening showers the past few days, was warm and humid temps reaching 20C in the midlands, when will summer ever end, even NW'lys are warm nowadays.

Keep telling yourself that Eugene. Compared to recent weeks its cold and horrible. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm

Lightning and loud thunder! Wahooo! :D

(Although, it was just one strike - can still hear distant rumbles though)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Keep telling yourself that Eugene. Compared to recent weeks its cold and horrible.

His post may well be valid for his area CDF.It isn't 25°C here but it certainly isn't cold or horrible, all the doom & gloom mongerers tar the whole country with the same weather when they see a certain set of synoptics on the charts but they simply haven't come to fruition in my area. I haven't been out of shorts & t-shirts since May.The weekend is looking top-notch too, and the beginning of next week- 20°C is the south still looks achievable.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

His post may well be valid for his area CDF.It isn't 25°C here but it certainly isn't cold or horrible, all the doom & gloom mongerers tar the whole country with the same weather when they see a certain set of synoptics on the charts but they simply haven't come to fruition in my area. I haven't been out of shorts & t-shirts since May.The weekend is looking top-notch too, and the beginning of next week- 20°C is the south still looks achievable.

I fully agree Mapantz. Im still in shorts here too and it has been decent enough at times in the sun but you cant deny its pretty disappointing to what we have had. It just feels cold in comparison. As I have said before, around here seems to experience some of the highest temps in the region so the drop is even more noticeable.

Posted

Some big booms coming from this as it gets closer from the West.

Could be on for a direct hit here :)

post-7340-0-09016900-1408015151_thumb.jp

Edit - X's mark the shot.

post-7340-0-43598700-1408016390.jpg

Edited by jtay
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Quite surprised how lively the radar is at the moment, though I suppose it's in response to that 'wave/trough' dropping down South-Eastwards and helping to stir up some beefy showers and slightly more organised areas of rain. But could do with that more emptier gap over the parts of the West Midlands to fill in with some more showers again, like this morning, if you're a fan of this kind of set-up (which I suspect it will, plus it does look quite busy to the North-West). 

Edited by DiagonalRedLine

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Had a couple of distant rumbles a while ago but nothing to exciting yet except a heavy shower. Temperature 16.3C and looks like it might rain again!

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Dry so far, but not for much longer!  Thunder to north and south, but not here, not yet....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Quite surprised how lively the radar is at the moment, though I suppose it's in response to that 'wave/trough' dropping down South-Eastwards and helping to stir up some beefy showers and slightly more organised areas of rain. But could do with that more emptier gap over the parts of the West Midlands to fill in with some more showers again, like this morning, if you're a fan of this kind of set-up (which I suspect it will, plus it does look quite busy to the North-West).

I'm not a fan as I miss everything!

Posted

Thunder, lightning, hail, torrential rain....all in the space of 15 minutes.  12.9mm rain in 10 minutes.  Now the sun's out. :rolleyes:

post-8165-0-81190400-1408018550_thumb.jp

post-8165-0-08821600-1408018571_thumb.jp

post-8165-0-28046900-1408018585_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Posted

Final total, 13.4mm, should add that temp dropped to 13°C through the shower but has returned to 17°C now.

post-8165-0-45768000-1408020491_thumb.jp

Edited by Lyn-M
  • Like 1

Posted

Final total, 13.4mm, should add that temp dropped to 13°C through the shower but has returned to 17°C now.

Blimey. It's raining money :laugh:.

• Like 2

Posted

Think I heard a faint rumble or two a few moments ago. Some threatening skies with cloud bases looking like they really want to drop a funnel!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

I'm not a fan as I miss everything!

You should make a request to your local council to put your storm shield down for long term maintenance, and that should do the trick.  :spiteful:

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

It reached Cov but in much decayed form!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Thunderstorm here and torrential rain!

Posted

Thunder here kids seen the flashes whilst out playing went long in coming in..heard about 5 rumbles in the last 20 mins have we got much to come this way??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm

Heavy rain has started here from this cloud coming over.

post-20399-0-46454300-1408033394_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

pretty much dry all day here which is very surprising considering the forecast and the radar imagery during the day to the west and north west......rather disappointed if I'm honest with not a sniff of a storm