Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold

Sky looking well dodgy in solihull

Edited by Sweatyman

Posted
Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Phew! Warmest day of the month max 24.6c, rather humid too although it has now clouded over.

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Just seen Jay Wynne on the news channel and he's hardly made any mention of that large area of rain that is over your way, Mapantz.  It's skirting to the east of us at the moment, but could still change its mind!  Have to go out for a short while after six and I'd rather that it wasn't raining....

• Like 1

Posted

Must be the rain we were modelled to get today earlier in the week!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Just had a very heavy shower here, Easing off now, Left 9.2mm of rain and fell at a rate of 104.3mm p/h. 

The sky is Black to my S/W,  Rain starting again.. Absolutely syling it down again now

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

What's it actually doing down there? We're going out for a walk in a minute, but looking at that lot we might not bother.

Absolutely tipping it down. lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Past experience suggests everything will be further east or west of me, or am I just being pessimistic?

No, it turns out  I was being realistic!  Torrential thundery showers moved north about 3-7 miles either side of my location this afternoon and all I've seen is a couple of brief moderate showers (and heard a lot of  thunder).

Posted

23mm and rising.

Posted

23mm and rising.

Now you're really rubbing salt into the wound, P.M!

Posted

It's still raining very heavy here TM, 41.7mm now! 

Posted

Now you're really rubbing salt into the wound, P.M!

Now he is!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Uhhh how come the BBC weather just now didn't even notice that huge area of precipitation coming up from the south on the radar?

Posted

Now he is!

Unbelievable!! 2.1 mm here up to 1800 g.m.t and I'm only 9 miles away as the crow flies.

I may have to do some sort of penance to the rain gods as I have obviously angered them.

• Like 1

Posted

Unbelievable!! 2.1 mm here up to 1800 g.m.t and I'm only 9 miles away as the crow flies.

I may have to do some sort of penance to the rain gods as I have obviously angered them.

He is well over 60mm now!

Posted

About 1 spot of rain every square cm earlier here.. lol. The spots were falling for a while but are evaporating from cars etc before they make anything wet.

That main area of rain went to the east as things often have recently.

A cloudy afternoon (thick mid level cloud) and currently 16.9c, after a max earlier of 21.5c during late morning brightness.

Yesterday and the day before were good summer days with maxima of 24.2c and 23.4c, though quite cool last night down to 8.4c.

Posted

Can not believe you missed that TM, You must of been just on the edge of the storms. Buxton is only 6 miles to my North, They only got 0.4mm, Very hit and miss. . Look at the moisture rising out the Wye Valley.

post-12319-0-56078100-1407525490_thumb.j

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 2

Posted

Can not believe you missed that TM, You must of been just on the edge of the storms. Buxton is only 6 miles to my North, They only got 0.4mm, Very hit and miss. .

How much did you get in the end P.M?  We had a spell of fairly heavy rain for 15 minutes or so after 1800 g.m.t but I'll bet in total there wasn't more than about 6 mm.

Posted

63.6mm in the space of around 1 3/4 hr T.M, Just had a drive to Bakwell through Alport, Many roads are flooded as is the showground. The Wye will rise over the next 24 hours and its black with muck!

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

No rain at all here, but a spectacular orange and purple sunset, unusual colours. Been dry here today, currently 17.5 C

Posted

Just a tiny smidgen of drizzle over the last couple of hours and then these colours at sunset.  No time to get to the view point, so these are taken from the bedroom window!

post-8165-0-04797300-1407528989_thumb.jp

post-8165-0-03237700-1407529002_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Posted

Some great sunset shots there Lyn.