Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Torrential downpours over the central Midlands could give localised flooding and thunder this afternoon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Had a fairly recent torrential downpour in Solihull. It went extremely dark, too. Not sure if any thunder was heard as was inside a building, but I imagine it was very close to happening.

Posted

No sferics as yet over the Midlands should be before long though...

Time to listen out here sferics from shower to SW!

Posted

Been some great CB's visible to my west through to north from the end of that Exeter-Cardiff line line. Looks like it will just slip past me though as so often seems to happen with these.

Edited by Evening thunder

Posted

Sferic near Cardiff

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm

Just got this going overhead now... a random rumble here and there, the wind has picked up (a lot), but no rain.

post-20399-0-33145600-1406981712_thumb.j

(Edit: The rain has just moderately started now *yay* - 13:30)

Edited by Dale Hay
  • Like 3

Posted

Just when I thought it was FINALLY going to brighten up it's pouring with rain again !

Posted

Just when I thought it was FINALLY going to brighten up it's pouring with rain again !

Only for 10 minutes now its dry again!

Posted

Disappointingly just a few very half hearted showers here, the best (heaviest ones) passing by to the west!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Got rumbles of thunder here at the moment.

Posted

Thundery shower in Northampton area

Posted

Developing cell with sferics approaching Stratford thence Warwick to Coventry/ Rugby way?

Edited by TonyH

Posted

Only for 10 minutes now its dry again!

Nah, belted it down for a good 40 minutes in the end, no thunder though but some sharp bursts.

Brighter now though black sky again to the south.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Disappointingly just a few very half hearted showers here, the best (heaviest ones) passing by to the west!

Similar here.

A cloudy morning with intermittent light, occasionallymoderate, rain but any heavy showers always a few miles away in any direction apart from E/SE.

Posted

Nah, belted it down for a good 40 minutes in the end, no thunder though but some sharp bursts.

Brighter now though black sky again to the south.

I noticed it developed more yes Conor

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, hot sunny weather

Very heavy rain here, second bout, warm and sunny in-between!

Now thunder and rain torrential!

Edited by textmum

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Small thunderstorm moved through 13:30-14:00, mostly out to the west but 6mm fell. Now sunny and warm with all surfaces steaming!

Posted

Very heavy rain here, second bout, warm and sunny in-between!

Now thunder and rain torrential!

Well that was a humdinger of a storm. Lasted around 15 mins but dropped a deluge on us ! Storm no 7 for us I think

What a summer of storms !  :clapping:

John in Quedgeley, Gloucester

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowfall in particular but most aspects of weather, hate hot and humid.

Umm wow. The rain has been incredible yet again. 8mm falling in 15 minutes, 15.2mm just this morning. I didn't expect that! The local co-op has flooded out for the third time in three weeks. lol

Crikey you had some intense stuff there Mapantz . We had 17mm between 7am and 9:30am here at Broadmayne   So nowhere near as intense as the tea time storm a week ago yesterday when we had 17mm in 25 minutes!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Looks pretty nasty Evesham way! A slightly more westward bias may head a bit SE myself...Looks a beast now.

Yes amazing thunderstorm here, constant thunder and lightning and torrential rain along with some pea to marble sized hail......and gusty winds :clapping:

• Like 1

Posted

Stratford about to get it!!

Posted

NW radar a bit laggy today sometimes taking 15 minutes to update instead of 5 to 10.

Looking good for you I say Bish. Redditch then S Brum?

Solihull possibly, Coventry certainly I would say

LIne of storms from the monster down towards Oxford now, so much of the East Midlands in with a shout in the next couple of hours.