Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Been a few pretty good days (sunshine-wise), although cloud had became invasive for a time earlier on today, but the sky now seems to be made up of mostly patchy cirrus cloud. I'm thinking I should have put some sun-cream on considering how warm it's been out their today (lol).

So far, I'd probably say this Summer has been of a similar great quality to Summer 2013, even though the June of that Summer was mixed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Your timing earlier seems to be perfect, Mapantz! :good:

A direct hit here too! It went nuts here :laugh:

Pretty much wall to wall sun again.

24.3c Mumbles, 27.7c Blackpill

edit temps rose to 24.8c at Mumbles at 7pm)

(not expecting the same tomorrow.)

Edited by J10

Posted

Lol yesterday thunderstorms developed around here the only day I wasn't here, then today my uni gets clobbered. 

Nice walk and day at the beach though, get back to find my station peaked briefly at 28.6c making it the warmest day of the year..

Had some quite large bubbling cumulus build up inland, and a shower formed north of here (drove through the edge dropping a friend back home).Could see the anvil of the Dorset storm when driving back, though not from home as there's a hill to the east.

Posted

A bit more cloud than yesterday but scorcher once again with very little breeze + high humidity, max of 27.6c, still 25.5c now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Maxed out at 28.0C today, currently 22.2C and feeling very muggy, more so than the last couple of nights! I have to be up early to go to Milton Keynes for the day tomorrow so don't think im gunna get a great nights sleep with this warmth!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

Cooldown has started for me.

Breeze now coming in off the sea. I have actually stopped sweating

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Another hot day today although signs of a cool down like some have said.

temperature is lower this evening, currently 19.6c

Maxed out at 28.0C today, currently 22.2C and feeling very muggy, more so than the last couple of nights! I have to be up early to go to Milton Keynes for the day tomorrow so don't think im gunna get a great nights sleep with this warmth!

It has been far too warm to sleep. Last couple of night, it has been 22c outside at Midnight.

At least one thing about the cooler weather it should be easier to sleep.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

It has been far too warm to sleep. Last couple of night, it has been 22c outside at Midnight. At least one thing about the cooler weather it should be easier to sleep.

I love weather like this for being able to go outside at that time of night and it's still that warm, only one problem though with warm nights like that, it's currently 31c in my bedroom, think I'll forget about sleeping tonight lol. In a way I'd like this hot weather to continue but then a slight cool down would make it more bearable trying to sleep at night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

A glorious evening with another BBQ. Still warm now. However we did very briefly have a spot of rain earlier which affected quite a few southern parts of our area. However under a cloud which turned angry looking for a time there were about 200 gulls or possibly seagulls flying overhead for a time just going crazy! Could almost

Imagine being by the coast with their sound! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

As much as I like warm weather, I agree that a cool down will be handy to have more trouble-free sleeping at night.

Currently a sunny morning, but with some patches of high-level cloud about. :)

Edited by DiagonalRedLine

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowfall in particular but most aspects of weather, hate hot and humid.

A direct hit here too! It went nuts here :laugh:

Hi Mapantz.

It was a very lively if shortlived storm wasn't it. Gave 17mm in in 25 minutes here at Broadmayne.

Posted

Can tell it's the weekend as the sun's now just a faint glow under a wall of cirrostratus after blue skies all week, still up to 23c already though  :crazy:

Edited by conor123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Pleasant enough this morning but disappointingly cloudy - was hoping for at least one more nice day before the change. Evidently not.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Rather cloudy, hazy this morning but the sun getting through better now and up to 24.7c.

Posted

Cloudy most of the morning, but looking like it's going to break from the north.

A mix of bright weather, hazy sunshine through the clouds and proper sunny spells. The past hour has also been veering more to the latter.

Today's weather not as good as recently but seeing as it was meant to be mostly cloudy, today is a pleasant surprise ( so far)

Temps atm 22c Mumbles after overnight low of 19c), 24c Blackpill

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

High cloud cleared half an hour ago and now the temperature is skyrocketing. 28.8C at present and I'm about to hit the M5 then M4. Really wish the sun could have been out 11-2!

Posted

A surprising max of 28.2c in spite of only sunny intervals (must have become acclimatised).

That CF feature now lowered it to 24c as showers break out along it over Mid Wales.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

More blue sky now than earlier and the temperature is rocketing. 29.3c! 30c again? :D