Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Think I saw that one? Night suddenly turned to day and I thought wow...very bright flash indeed!Glad you got your fix brum way, bit close for comfort to those manic storms which hit Covo etc. - bet more footage from these shall be rolling in eventually.

Yes...Just finished on the mail site and can confirm the BT tower was struck

B1Bob fellow hi-riser and long time lurker of this forum posted a 6 sec video on Twitter :unknw:

cap an be found here http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/lightning-strikes-birmingham-bt-tower-7459679

• Like 2

Posted

Had the joy of playing cricket at Shobrooke Park (Crediton) today. Hot and humid in the field for 3 hours . Huge storm at Tea (5 pm) pitch under water. Back home nr Seaton - not a drop of rain all day apparently.

Posted

Rumbles of thunder....lightning detector not picking up strikes though????

Thunder stopped at 8.39pm.

That was an impressive thunderstorm torrential rain bucketing down 15mm in 10 mins.

Frequent thunder and lightning was impressive as it was out of the cloud 3 times as I saw into the dry part or blue sky.

Otherwise that was an impressive CB too.

Posted

Very disappointed with the lack of storms I experienced!! Since Thursday night we've had a couple of distant rumbles of thunder and a few flashes of lightning.. That's it! Was woken up early this morning by some very heavy rain, but no thunder or lightning seemed to accompany it. Glad some of you had a brilliant show - let's hope for better chances later this week IMBY!

Posted

Would be very surprised if anything develops tonight even though there are hints towards it.

Think we're in for a much quieter night than of late.

I'm off to a family wedding next Saturday in Lowestoft...imagine if it had been this week!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Very warm tonight and feels even more humid to me actually than last night! Still 20c! :D

GLORIOUS week ahead. Lots of sun, very warm or hot, warm nights and plenty of BBQ's! Looks like 10-12c uppers at least all the time. Very similar story to last July in that sense especially as this spell looks to be going no where for at least a week!

If winds do happen to switch more easterly, I reckon some parts West of Birmingham and maybe parts of Wales and warm spots of the SW could be nudging 29 or even 30c this coming week as the heat builds each day.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Few midweek elevated storms drift in, more heat, another outbreak of supercells next weekend? Not really that fussed.

Lol triple.

I agree, next week is all about the beers and burgers. :D

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Wettest place in UK on Saturday Westonburt, Glos 78.8mm

• Like 2

Posted

Would love to have known what we had exactly today. Two major downpours today. One at 7am then 10am. Roads flooding badly each time.

Posted

Fog here now!

Posted

Beautiful morning here, with cloud floating about. Calm and warm, less humid.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

After a very poor few days weather forecasting from the met office/bbc is anymore thunderstorms likely later next week

Looking forward to summer being over tbh

Edited by ncikos

Posted

What utter poor timing/luck this weekend has been, back to scorching hot sunshine typically tomorrow! meanwhile this morning = overcast with no breaks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

After a very poor few days weather forecasting from the met office/bbc is anymore thunderstorms likely later next week

Looking forward to summer being over tbh

Oh dear, that's a bit depressing. I think we've had an amazing summer so far. Only mid July and we have had several periods of really warm sun, storms (and yes I know some have missed out but generally they have been incredibly widespread) and enough rain to allow the garden to flourish. Still several weeks to go too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Oh dear, that's a bit depressing. I think we've had an amazing summer so far. Only mid July and we have had several periods of really warm sun, storms (and yes I know some have missed out but generally they have been incredibly widespread) and enough rain to allow the garden to flourish. Still several weeks to go too.

Not really i hate the summer 

Edited by ncikos

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Well, I didn't get the high temperatures that were forecasted but I did well from storms- several of them through yesterday, with biblical rainfall. It quenched my thirst for storms. :)This coming week looks to be a scorcher imby, MO and BBC goes for 25's and 26's this week, I can normally add a degree on to that. The thunder icon is showing up on Thursday too, all in all, I'm looking forward to this coming week.Currently 22°C with sunny spells.

Not really i hate the summer

My gout is less depressing than your posts. :laugh: Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 3

Posted

Brightening up a bit now luckily, 20.4c, here's hoping the GFS is wrong for next weekend and ECM is more on the money.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Warm sunny day here, fresher but extensive blue skies. 22.4C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Broken cloud. Sunny periods. 23.6c.

Posted

There could well be,will have to keep an eye on them,theres a trough showing.http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/brack4.gifForget to mention our electric went out in yesterday`s evening`s storm too.

Posted

storm forming over the beacons heading to south east wales

edit:- maybe

Edited by andymusic

Posted

storm forming over the beacons heading to south east wales

hope so not seen much of the action  got a light drizzel at the mo