Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

Intense monsoon rain and frequent thunder now with flashes witnessed regularly although many obscured by the rain and due to daylight.

Is there a stationary trough sat over this region which generated the storms first thing and now these this afternoon?

The last 36 hours have more than made up for no great nearby storms for a long time beforehand!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

And just like last night there's another cluster of storms drifting north just to my east, how unlucky is that!

Posted

Definitely the best storms we have had in this area for many years! It's been pretty constant thunder here all morning with the last hour being pretty intense again with some close strikes. Loving this!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Intense monsoon rain and frequent thunder now with flashes witnessed regularly although many obscured by the rain and due to daylight.

Is there a stationary trough sat over this region which generated the storms first thing and now these this afternoon?

The last 36 hours have more than made up for no great nearby storms for a long time beforehand!

Area of storms over Somerset/wilts seems to be expanding slowly into a constant stream off the south coast, not seen the sun even come out today but warmth of the day must be aiding convection.

And just like last night there's another cluster of storms drifting north just to my east, how unlucky is that!

Another storm coming in from south looks slightly further west so it might hit us more.  :hi:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

I feel your pain. Have been hearing thunder since 11.30 but they're not following the traditional track. Hopefully the cell much further south will also track directly north and hit us.

Posted

Hi Mapantz - that one down your way developed really quickly!

What is your rainfall  total for today so far?

We have just had another torrential downpour for about 20 mins and still the stream keeps coming off Northern France

Looking at the radar reminds me of bubbles rising from the bottom of a champagne glass ( or perhaps that should be cider given the origins being nearer to the French Coast LoL). 

Edited by egret

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Hi Mapantz - that one down your way developed really quickly!What is your rainfall  total for today so far?We have just had another torrential downpour for about 20 mins and still the stream keeps coming off Northern FranceLooking at the radar reminds me of bubbles rising from the bottom of a champagne glass.

27mm so far, not sure there will be much more. 14.27mm of that fell in 9 minutes lol

Posted

If 06z EURO4 is correct it shows no precip around the south west after 6pm hardly. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

Been rumbling constantly to the east of us for a few hours now.  Looking at the radar there could be some heading directly for us. 

Edit: Now some proper rumbling!

Edited by Bumpkin

Posted

Its still rumbling out there there's barely been any respite from the storms bar breaks in between them. 

says its private

Posted

I wonder if the knowledgeable could give me an idea about the Radstock/Poole differences in thunder, lightning and rain over the past 12 hours or so.

My parents are from Radstock, staying at our flat in Poole. I am wondering where their weather would have been worse. According to Gibby, Radstock town centre took a direct hit during the night, while Fromey and Artdemole seem to be reporting frequent heavy rain and T&L that is still continuing. I am less clear on whether Poole had the same overnight, although Mapantz seems to suggest it may have been much the same.

I am just preparing for my parents possibly blaming me for the bad weather for their holiday; at least if it's worse in Radstock I can say I saved them from stormaggedon!

Edited by Reefseeker

Posted

I wonder if the knowledgeable could give me an idea about the Radstock/Poole differences in thunder, lightning and rain over the past 12 hours or so.My parents are from Radstock, staying at our flat in Poole. I am wondering where their weather would have been worse. According to Gibby, Radstock town centre took a direct hit during the night, while Fromey and Artdemole seem to be reporting frequent heavy rain and T&L that is still continuing. I am less clear on whether Poole had the same overnight, although Mapantz seems to suggest it may have been much the same.I am just preparing for my parents possibly blaming me for the bad weather for their holiday; at least if it's worse in Radstock I can say I saved them from stormaggedon!

I cannot speak for Poole but Bournemouth has missed out narrowly.The 12hr accumulative map shows how localised it has been..post-15177-0-76749100-1405774456_thumb.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

Piddling down now with large rumbles.  Husband ran into the garage to watch and then quickly ran back in because he was scared lol

Posted

Here's the rain from this morning.

I'm not a fan of YouTube, it seems to ruin the quality, as it is crystal clear on my tablet.

• Like 2

Posted

Cloud starting to thin out here a bit getting brighter to my south and east

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I wonder if the knowledgeable could give me an idea about the Radstock/Poole differences in thunder, lightning and rain over the past 12 hours or so.My parents are from Radstock, staying at our flat in Poole. I am wondering where their weather would have been worse. According to Gibby, Radstock town centre took a direct hit during the night, while Fromey and Artdemole seem to be reporting frequent heavy rain and T&L that is still continuing. I am less clear on whether Poole had the same overnight, although Mapantz seems to suggest it may have been much the same.I am just preparing for my parents possibly blaming me for the bad weather for their holiday; at least if it's worse in Radstock I can say I saved them from stormaggedon!

I have put a radstock postcode in for you, think it's been fairly damp there..

post-8911-0-15599900-1405775387_thumb.pn

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

:yahoo: The sun is coming out :yahoo: Well glimpses that is! looking East there's plenty of blue skies, i've been watching sat 24 in the last hour or so and its starting to look promising

hopefully we can get some surface heating going and get some home grown on the go  :pardon: 

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Last batch has just cleared here, produced 5.1mm in about 45 minutes.  Overnight total was 21.6mm.  Looking brighter and clear to the south now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Calm and cold!

Tremendous (and that's in terms of magnitude - I'd quite happily live without seeing it! )storm towards the north and East towards Wiltshire way now, clearing up from west and south by the looks of it. That sleep looks to be coming soon!

Posted

:yahoo: The sun is coming out :yahoo: Well glimpses that is! looking East there's plenty of blue skies, i've been watching sat 24 in the last hour or so and its starting to look promising

hopefully we can get some surface heating going and get some home grown on the go  :pardon:

That storm in Wiltshire is starting to look very interesting..........heading NNE towards us perhaps?

Bish

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

That storm in Wiltshire is starting to look very interesting..........heading NNE towards us perhaps? Bish

Certainly looks that way Bish. You've got a chance.
  • Like 1

Posted

Rain coming down again. Not going to be able to get into that strong storm further south, I'm too far west. I'm not sure we'll see much more here in thundery activity here now...but the situation is still so volatile you can never say never.

Edited by Gord