Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

If the EURO4 is to believed, then a few more cells in the next few hours as it suggests intents rainfall? Or that could be early? There is a storm heading north at the moment that if it makes it across the channel will hit south west, England. 

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Seems to be easing here now as we pass them on to you guys oop North of here. Hopefully more around dawn. Some cracking Lightning though tonight and really enjoyed it. Potentially much more to come. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Well I was going to head off but Blitzortung showing new cells nearby and things around Gloucetser seem to have intensified again. Finally raining here now too!

Posted

I'm tempted to sleep for a few hours I pulled an all nighter last night and it's now 3am but I don't want to miss any storms I have a lightning detector on my phone and could leave the window open looking at radar it looks clear for a few hours. 

Posted

One flash and distant rumble in Telford 5 mins ago. Sustained moderate rain just stopping. I think that constitutes a major storm in these parts...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Hope you guys are going to pass it up here to Preston area! Windows and curtains open awaiting the action !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: High pressure and NO WIND! - Rain over snow any day.

Had nothing here yet which I'm happy about. I managed to fall asleep. Hope I can do it again before it hits

Posted

Wow! We have it back in Swindon.

Loads of thunder and lightning earlier went quiet for a bit and boom it's back.

Was trying to get a few hours zzz till the next round but been woken again. :D

Posted

Just went outside and I'd definitely say there is 100% cloud cover. Rain was 1 spot every 10 seconds if that so nothing yet but I'm guessing it's coming veryyy soon.

Temps gone up from 15 to 17 in the past hour or so and I've gone from feeling a bit chilly to a tad sticky.

No wind and very quiet..

Ok as I was just about to finish this it's started raining. Headphones in!

Posted

OK ------ This next lot has got Wales written all over it - the earlier midnight stuff slid to the east of us in Wales - got a great light show - some booming distantish thunder - but this next lot should be a direct hit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Posted

Just starting to hear some rumbles!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Whatever happened i slept through it. Just popped outside, warm and dry and hardly any rain. Where did it go?

Posted

Right, beauty sleep finished lol

We've already one brief storm here just after three this morning, and a much livelier affair a short while ago, plenty of bang & flashes. Currently feeling very tropical, with torrential rain.

The radar looks absolutely mouth-watering  :shok:

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe t/ storms, rain, snow, wind!

Another huge but quite quick storm in Yeovil! Swear lightning has been going on all night though...

Posted

It looks so dark and threatening here but after a few flashes and rumbles Lyme bay seems to have killed the storm

And 2 seconds after posting huge bang and its now torrential rain

Edited by sherrie

Posted

Thought I'd get a few hours shut eye before the next batch of storms was woken by my lightning alarm after about an hours sleep. :D I'm so heavy eyed but I love these storms! 

Posted

Storm cell crossing East Devon coast. First one of night. Plenty still in channel, pivot now seems N/NW rather than NE so we may get more in this region now. Torrential rain on leading edge and loud thunder.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

I seem to be on the far western side of it... I hope there will be some thunder and lighting with it not just rain!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Calm and cold!

Seeing as I've been on here all night in between trying to get some shut eye I'll make my first post - looks like there's a little respite here after the second big one of the night. Would be great if I actually liked storms..

• Like 1