Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

Nice fireworks show going off here to my South/ South East and the GREENEST lightning flash I've ever seen - what's that all about?

OMG Zephyr just saw the same thing!

Hulk !! lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Sounds like whats coming up from Gloucester is going to deliver a treat here!

Hmm..wonder if like last night the Black Country is acting as a storm killer. We either spawn them or kill them! At least we're getting to see them before they die. Bit pants for those north of us though.

Dont think the area is killing them. They seemed to fizzle out everywhere not long after our patch last night really. Was as forecast really.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Dosent wanna get goin proper here soon as it gets goin it tends to die down been on the edge of torrential downpours 2x now and its again gone off.Still its quietened the local drunks with there loud drunken singin :nonono:

Posted

green light again!!! ?!?!?! what is that?!

Bizarre. Pretty intense - I'm a bit scared LOL

Edit: Lights keep dimming. Wondering if it hit a substation or something.

Edited by kumquat

Posted

Just seen a fork to my south south east and it hit something then the sky lit up green a few seconds after anyone see it?!

Nice fireworks show going off here to my South/ South East and the GREENEST lightning flash I've ever seen - what's that all about?Edit: OMG Zephyr just saw the same thing!

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/12/131210-volcano-green-lightning-picture-explained-science-weather/Maybe?

Posted

Alarms going off all over the place this is getting a bit scary rain is intense now!

• Like 1

Posted

Loving the reports. No radar or lightning detector can truly tell you what a storm is going to be like. Only the people under it really know! I agree that the one coming up from Gloucester looks like it's going to give us something special!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe t/ storms, rain, snow, wind!

Has been pretty horrendous for the last hour or so here in Yeovil. Torrential rain, loads of lightning and massive crashes of thunder. Still rumbling and flashing now...think more is heading this way as I type. Stay safe all x

Edited by Mumbles
  • Like 1

Posted

Wow - fantastic light and sound show - now I want LARGE HAIL haha

Seems to be moving North quite quickly.

Posted

Yep best storm for many years here but a very dangerous one Bournemouth webcam wouldn't of seen much it was behind the cam. Came directly on top of the house. Saw alot of ground strikes too its heading away from me now

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Has been pretty horrendous for the last hour or so here in Yeovil. Torrential rain, loads of lightning and massive crashes of thunder. Still rumbling and flashing now...think more is heading this way as I type. Stay safe all x

"horrendous" is not the word i would use... sounds mouth watering :D

Posted

That was good still have no idea what that lightning and then the green light a few seconds after it happened twice in the space of about 10 minutes still very very humid here.

Posted

The track it's currently on I think it will hit a span somewhere between the Malverns and West of Brum, although does seem to be curving north westwards as it goes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Think the Gloucs storm may actually hit Shropshire/Herefordshire. But lots going on to the West and South of that anyway. :)

Posted

Was about to head to bed but looks like its all kicking off to the south now! nothing visible out the window but still a balmy 19.1c out there!

Posted

Has anyone seen lightning earth? It struck not to far from here and when it hit the ground it seemed like the ground was alive and blue jumping around where it earthed? Am I seeing things?

Posted

Think the Gloucs storm may actually hit Shropshire/Herefordshire. But lots going on to the West and South of that anyway. :)

Was about to post the same. Definitely a more north westerly movement now. But like you said, doesn't look like we're going to miss out. A lot going on tonight.

Posted

Seems even more humid now than before?? 

Humidity does increase at night anyway but regardless, a very warm, sticky night for all.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Sticky & humid night ahead! back doors to the house still wide open, Currently 20.4c here in Solihull.

Posted

Started here 10 minutes ago, power gone off briefly and lights keep dimming. Raining hard too.