Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Sorry I should have mentioned I'm in Nottingham at the moment.

27c now.

Ah ...well 27c not too bad

Posted

Dipped to 28.1 an hour ago now back up to 29.0- this SSE wind direction is fantastic, it's making a kind of reverse Cheshire Gap effect. Shawbury is 3C warmer than Hereford at 1700, for a change!

Posted

Dipped to 28.1 an hour ago now back up to 29.0- this SSE wind direction is fantastic, it's making a kind of reverse Cheshire Gap effect. Shawbury is 3C warmer than Hereford at 1700, for a change!

Looks like we maxed at 28.3°C here - not very often that Shrewsbury is the Midlands hotspot!  8)

Bish

Posted

Warmed up somewhat in past hour or two, shaded thermometer in back garden showing a respectable 28.6C. So beaten yesterday.How are the E Mids doing? MO had most of it stuck on 21-23C at 2pm, thats nearly 10C below the forecast!

Cooler here today to yesterday by 1c had an east/SE most of the day and overcast,light S now.

Sunny and very warm.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Having come home from a few days in London where there was a surprise thunderstorm from 5-6am this morning, it would be good to get a corker tonight. The parents have told me there was thunder and lightning here last night but with virtually no rain at all. Feels a lot cooler here though, heatwave hasn't quite reached the West Country yet!

Posted

Looks like we maxed at 28.3°C here - not very often that Shrewsbury is the Midlands hotspot!  8)

Bish

I think Church Lawford was showing hotter than Shawbury, but Shawbury is nearly always a degree or two colder than Shrewsbury. I wish Preston Montford would put their temps up somewhere for me to compare to.

That reverse Cheshire Gap effect is showing right to the coast, Liverpool at 25-26 while inland northern England is struggling to top 22 in many places.

• Like 1

Very muggy last night with temps of around 20c for most of the night. Some heavy thundery rain around 2-3am. and some lightning as well

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/thunderstorms-rage-through-night-wales-7450241

This morning mostly cloudy with some brighter spells and occasional sunny intervals. More general sunny spells (often hazy) this afternoon.

Max Temps 22c at Mumbles which is only slightly higher than 21c at 2am last night. and 23c at Blackpill.

Edited by J10

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Storms I get tend to arrive mornings, tomorrow could well be a repeat of 7th June this year with a decent storm around 7-8am

Posted

Pulling an all nighter again tonight, hoping Ian brings me some good news in his forecast! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

HI ALL.

just watching the storm over northern France and WOW, kent looks to be some where in the firing line.

also if you go onto Blitzortung.org and turn on the detectors on the left hand side it shows  every detector picking up most of the strikes which stands at 3476 in the last 20 mins.

fromey 

• Like 1

Posted

Pulling an all nighter again tonight, hoping Ian brings me some good news in his forecast! 

Ian F forecast looked good not amazing but plenty of lightning mentioned in his forecast so that's enough to convince me to stay up depending on developments

Posted

Ian F forecast looked good not amazing but plenty of lightning mentioned in his forecast so that's enough to convince me to stay up depending on developments

showers heading up to the west country through the channel already - but a lovely looking heavy thunderstorm front gonna be hitting the Brightonish area very shortly - really kicking off now

• Like 1

Posted

Looking good to our south west at the moment, rain building in the channel and the clouds to my south west look very stormy!

Tracking Directly North too!! Not east! So we got hope!! Think the Bay of biscay stuff could head north!

Edited by Rapodo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm

Feeling a bit clearer at the moment compared to earlier, hopefully looking for to something decent early hours. I'm up for the night anyways. :)

Current view...

post-20399-0-14453200-1405708118_thumb.j

Posted

showers heading up to the west country through the channel already - but a lovely looking heavy thunderstorm front gonna be hitting the Brightonish area very shortly - really kicking off now

Beauty of a storm and still expanding on sat24!

Posted

Beauty of a storm and still expanding on sat24!

looks like a nuclear bomb has gone off!!!

fromey

• Like 1

Posted

Is it just me or is everything shifting further East? Was up till 6am this morning waiting for the storms to show up and all I got was heavy rain, a few distant flashes over Wolves way and some very distant thunder.

Posted

Is it just me or is everything shifting further East? Was up till 6am this morning waiting for the storms to show up and all I got was heavy rain, a few distant flashes over Wolves way and some very distant thunder.

the big storm is heading N/E but the showers in the channel seem to be heading north!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

So are storms likely to develop over the channel later tonight/tomorrow morning and head into England and Wales, or are these storms heading into the south east the main event tonight?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

So are storms likely to develop over the channel later tonight/tomorrow morning and head into England and Wales, or are these storms heading into the south east the main event tonight?

Looks more of a southeast event to me, I could be wrong we might get one or two thunderstorms in the early hours but nothing as intense or severe as further south and east

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Looks more of a southeast event to me, I could be wrong we might get one or two thunderstorms in the early hours but nothing as intense or severe as further south and east

Ahh ok thanks, not sure i'll stay up as late tonight then :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

the big storm is heading N/E but the showers in the channel seem to be heading north!

I can't help but feel sceptical about severity of these thunderstorms, hope its not a popcorn shower affair :friends:

Posted

Looks like 3am for action around our way I'm confident at the moment of seeing some electrical activity.  

EURO4*

Posted Image

Posted Image

GFS

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Zephyr

Posted

I can't help but feel sceptical about severity of these thunderstorms, hope its not a popcorn shower affair :friends:

yeah i feel the same, although the forecast did say early hours for us i believe and then again Saturday afternoon/evening 

fromey