Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

Going east of here can see the lightning it's happening every few seconds but its still not over head what do I have to do for a direct hit here?!

Posted

Distant thunder and plenty of lightening, to the South of me.

Posted

Thunder heard frequent lightning to the south

Yep the skys lighting up to the south here in Quedgeley just south of Gloucester - may as well stay up for this  :good: (oh the joys of early retirement ! :D ) Is this a nice early taste of what is to come on Friday nite/Sat morning ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Hi all. Not usually around in here in the summer, but as it's too hot to sleep... still 21 °C at 01.00, which is some going. All very quiet outside, though very muggy and humid. Radar suggests rain isn't too far away to the south, but it's dry here right now with quite a nice Moon to be seen, too. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Hi all. Not usually around in here in the summer, but as it's too hot to sleep... still 21 °C at 01.00, which is some going. All very quiet outside, though very muggy and humid. Radar suggests rain isn't too far away to the south, but it's dry here right now with quite a nice Moon to be seen, too. :)

Indeed very warm across our patch at 21c here too. The odd cooler breeze though. Very nice moon as you say but it might be something else lighting up our skies in a few hours!

Posted

20.1c here still! And my ear just started bleeding! I'm not sure if it was the pressure drop or not. Better now though. 

Still lots of lighting to my east! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Indeed very warm across our patch at 21c here too. The odd cooler breeze though. Very nice moon as you say but it might be something else lighting up our skies in a few hours!

It's looking a distinct possibility... I may not get much sleep at all tonight if it does. It'll have to go some (as will Saturday's possible shows) to match that storm from last July, but you never know...

And yes, the breeze has been very welcome, as it was this afternoon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: High pressure and NO WIND! - Rain over snow any day.

Light show has finally almost gone after an hour and a half. Slow moving clouds, had a bit of rain but nothing spectacular considering it was a thunderstorm.

Wind picked up here and there and got a few gusts.

22 degrees, 16mph wind but theres a decent gust out there as I write this and 1014. Feels like the storm has cooled the air a bit

Posted

And here in Quedgeley, south of Gloucester..

CRASH BANG WALLOP as they say. Spectacular fork lightning and monsoon rain now. Happy days (or rather nights !)

:clapping:  :clapping:  :clapping:

Posted

Had a small elevated thunderstorm about 9:30pm with some great, if mainly infrequent lightning. 

Then from midnight till about 1:30 I went to a viewpoint and was watching relatively frequent distant lightning, some bolts and CG's visible even when the storms were around the Bristol-Swindon area on radar!

Also a cell formed to my west and suddenly 'turned on' with lightning for a bit before dying.

But although we looked in a good spot, what we had was much less than places further west and especially many areas further east!In other news, it only reached 24.4c here today due to the onshore breeze, but it's still 21.7c here at gone 2:30am! as the wind is more easterly again. shame really that it's going to turn more southerly with 'cooler' (i.e 16-18c) air later tonight otherwise I could record a record high min.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I can't believe this. Was worried about tonight's system being too far west and when it comes to it, I'm going to be too far west to catch anything! Dying out on it's western and northen edge now! It's lining up lovely for CS England and Lincs! SHOCK.

Posted

Just had a reasonably impressive strike, I'd estimate a mile or so to the west of here. Most of the thunder has been of the rumbling sort, though, and rather more distant. Raining steadily. The radar suggests we're just clipping the western edge of the serious stuff.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Some fairly frequent lightning here, though more distant now but there was never much in the way of loud thunder!

Posted

Frequent flashes and thunder here. It's coming straight for us by the look of the radar. Haven't slept yet as it's so humid, not looking forward to this.

Posted

Joke. Just died up this way.

It's not as strong at this end as it is further south east anyway. Still quite a few good rumbles around though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: High pressure and NO WIND! - Rain over snow any day.

The wind only just died down here like 30 minutes ago.

Stopped me from sleeping as it was going from still to very gusty all the time.

Saw the contrast of the storm clouds passing over compared to the clear sky and they were thick, black and the cloud was massive.

Happy to see the end of it for one night!

Down to 20 degrees now which is feeling a lot more refreshing

1011.0 and 11 mph wind from the East.. Not used to that! Usually SW or NW directions.

Either way I can now sleep and peacefully. Good night!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Was awoken with a thunderstorm here - frequent lightning/thunder just to the east of us, drifting northwards.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Thunder woke me an hour ago, spectacular storm, some brilliant blinding flashes, a few loud rumbles.

Posted

Small storm to my west right now. Can hear it rumbling.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

YAWN! Got woken up by the wind blowing through the windows early this morning. Had a look at the lighting map and thought oh we might get a storm.... then remembered I live in Shropshire the land of little to no storms and went back to sleep how right I was!