Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Certainly is a hulk of rain! It will increase in intensity in a few places, as it hits land; strong PVA will aid that.

post-15177-0-00229100-1401828274_thumb.g

Posted

Rain slowly approaching from the south now, hopefully some thundery weather to end the week as im off all week :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Looks like I've caught most of this rain. Only drizzle to the E of me!

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

The 'drizzle' here produced 12.3mm so far.  There were some heavy downpours in the early hours, it's tailed off a bit now, but more to come later.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

A dry morning here with milky sky's after a little overnight drizzle, an overnight low of 8.1c.

Currently; Temp 10.2c, N/W 3mph, Rain 0.8mm since midnight. I'm expecting moderate rain arriving here by lunchtime..

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

Another 5.6mm to 10.00.  A bit of a lull right now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Rain Rain Rain... It seems to be pivoting above me here. 12.2c <<<< for June, brrrrr!

Posted

A complete forecast failure once again. 8mm from intermittent rain during the night, nothing in daylight hours; it's actually bright right now, the sun is trying to come out. A far cry from the "washout" that was used by the BBC and ITV last night.

post-15177-0-23086400-1401876088_thumb.p

Posted

Kind of strange though as despite persistent moderate rain it isn't dull at all with the high cloud base allowing it to be bright and the sun to be glimpsed occasionally.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Very cool and wet this morning. 9mm so far, 9c!

Posted

A complete forecast failure once again. 8mm from intermittent rain during the night, nothing in daylight hours; it's actually bright right now, the sun is trying to come out. A far cry from the "washout" that was used by the BBC and ITV last night.

Posted ImageScreenshot_2014-06-04-11-00-43.png

When the Jet is at a slack state as it is, it's very difficult to predict ppn, as in where the heaviest of the rain is going to be and fair play to the BBC weather,

over the last few days the weather presenters have been repeatedly saying this.

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 1

Posted

Indeed for some areas, and some not a million miles from Poole, it truly is a washout :)

Posted

When the Jet is at a slack state as it is, it's very difficult to predict ppn, as in where the heaviest of the rain is going to be and fair play to the BBC weather,over the last few days the weather presenters have been repeatedly been saying this.

I'm sorry, I don't buy in to that one bit! Both ITV and BBC, national and local have made a big cockup, the second one this week too.The amount of data they get coming in (2.6 million pieces of daily data) they shouldn't be getting this wrong, this badly. The last forecast I saw in the early hours was no different either, website and apps that have been updated this morning, are still wrong. I'm fed up of cancelling plans after making them based on a forecast the night before, it's happening more and more often, and it's unacceptable, especially when they brag about getting more accurate.Would you call that forecast in the image I posted, acceptable? It was updated early this morning, the rain had been long gone. I also have blue skies, I'd call it catastrophic.LOLpost-15177-0-64049600-1401880121_thumb.ppost-15177-0-87660200-1401880138_thumb.jpost-15177-0-19416100-1401880162_thumb.j Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

My other half is having problems cutting the silage with the rain they've had down in Shrewsbury, if they don't get it all cut in the next day or so it wont be that good, then it delays the 2nd cut, and now the tractor has packed in!

Posted

Much the same down here as I posted in the chat thread. Forecast updated at 0400 with rain during the morning and at 06 it was long gone.

Posted

Much the same down here as I posted in the chat thread. Forecast updated at 0400 with rain during the morning and at 06 it was long gone.

I see that a forecaster, West country one? Holly Green? Tweeted this; Skies have brightened a little more quickly than expected across parts of the SW. Roughly translated, we cocked up.I'm not in a frenzy over it, but when I was supposed to be helping someone clear a house today, and we called it off after watching the forecast last night, it pees me off to see lovely blue skies, it's all too late now of course. :/ Edited by Mapantz

Posted

I do sympathize with your situation Mapantz in making plans. Its nice to see there's at least some nice weather in the UK, here its absolutely hammering it down!

"I also have blue skies, I'd call it catastrophic" ....That did make me chuckle :p

Edited by Dancerwithwings

I agree, the last BBC forecast last night said Wales should largely miss out on the rain with eastern parts getting the most, barely anything on the map for now. But it's throwing it down with around an inch already in the SW. Too be fair all of the models I looked at last night got it wrong, one of cases of the infamous unpredictable British weather being unpredictable I guess. Seems to have stalled now.

Currently a shocking 8.1c!

Edited by Bobby
  • Like 1

Posted

Just had a heavy rain shower here. The drops were massive.

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted

Steady, occasionally heavy, rain here for most of the morning. No sign of it abating either.

Currently 11.8c with 11.50mm of rainfall.

Bish

Posted

Just had another rain shower, here. This time less heavy but some very strong wind gusts associated with it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Light rain here this morning with a few brighter intervals mixed in, I doubt if there's been more than 2mm.

I'm hoping for much better than that this afternoon.

Posted

2.30 on a June afternoon, heavy rain, 16mm so far today and 8.6c!

Disappointed though that the max of 10.1c was achieved this morning, as sub 10c June days are a rarity

Edited by TonyH
  • Like 1