Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

Has threatened rain here all day,but nothing apart from a few drops yet.Interestingly my weather station has a lightning symbol flashing today,first time it has ever done that! I can't see any storms close to us on the radar,hoping my station knows best!

Edited to say rain has now arrived as forecast at 3.30pm

Edited by snowdog

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

After nothing more than a few spots of rain from late morning the 'real' rain has just arrived.

Posted

Been dry here this weekend hasn't been the wash out I expected, as I have tomorrow off work because the boss is away thought I'd go fishing, bet it rains all day then!  ;)

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Very slow moving this rain, not started here yet TM just to put that into perspective being only 8 miles away from me.. Looking at the Radar is should be raining now.

Edit- Light rain just starting.. Temp 14.5c E/S/E 6mph

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

The rain as been threatening, but that's only when looking at the radar, It's been Knocking on my doorstep virtually all day and finally it's raining..... Currently 13.5c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Fine.  Settled.   Dry. Bright,   E.N.E. Breeze Light. 16.0c.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

The rain as been threatening, but that's only when looking at the radar, It's been Knocking on my doorstep virtually all day and finally it's raining..... Currently 13.5c

Just up the road my Aunt said it has rained all day at Cov.

Been a lovely afternoon here, sunny spells, rather warm, max 19c.

Edited by TonyH

Posted

Just a few short miles can make all the difference :wink:  well another few days of the wet stuff to come and then hopefully things will start to settle down ailttle as we go into the weekend!!!!

I can feel the camp site calling... fingers crossed/not holding my breath and all that :whistling:

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Fog, Thunderstorms

Been dry in Wolverhampton all day. Actually, looking at that radar makes me think we're in the middle of winter and there's a band of snow inching it's way towards us but never quite getting here! Maybe if it happens now, it won't next winter... :nonono::fool:

Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Been dry in Wolverhampton all day. Actually, looking at that radar makes me think we're in the middle of winter and there's a band of snow inching it's way towards us but never quite getting here! Maybe if it happens now, it won't next winter... :nonono::fool:

Posted Image

our locations just far enough west to avoid it, tomorrow may be different mind you

• Like 1

Posted

our locations just far enough west to avoid it, tomorrow may be different mind you

Do you mind if i use your favorite word 'washout' lol!... One thing though the BBC mentioned earlier, it hasn't been pinned down as yet, where the most heaviest rain is going to be!!

I suppose it could be alittle like today, a touch further North or South could make all the difference!

Looking at the lastest UKMO rainfall charts Weds/thurs ain't looking to good either!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted

Dry and bright in the end here today, overcast now but occasional sunny spells earlier with a max of 17.4c.

GFS & UKMO both have a rather pleasant weekend on the cards now, here's hoping it stays that way!

Posted

You mentioned the word SNOW!!!  With a full on Easterly this week if we were in the middle of Winter them UKMO precipitation charts would look very tasty indeed :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

No rain here at all today, although it has been very close both to the east and west.  Only brief glimpses of brightness, mostly overcast with a 16°C max.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

No rain here at all today, although it has been very close both to the east and west.  Only brief glimpses of brightness, mostly overcast with a 16°C max.

I have a feeling your temperature is a bit over. What do you use to measure it?

Lovely day here today, sunny intervals this morning, mostly sunny this afternoon, but more in the way of cloud now since about 6. Max Temps 16c,

Sort of makes up for Saturday !!! and Sunday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

It looks okay to me?16°C at Yeovilton, that's not far from Lyn.http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/weather/maps/current?LEVEL=140&LANG=en&WMO=03853&R=310&TIME=std&CEL=C&SI=mph16°C here too. Edited by Mapantz

Posted

Rain practically the entire day here, and it looks like a repeat performance tomorrow too :-(

I really hope the summer isn't going to reset to the post 2007 standard? I wouldn't mind, but we didn't even have a winter!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

It looks okay to me?16°C at Yeovilton, that's not far from Lyn.http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/weather/maps/current?LEVEL=140&LANG=en&WMO=03853&R=310&TIME=std&CEL=C&SI=mph16°C here too.

Ah ok. Does look good now.

Posted

ClimeMET Max/Min (also a hygrometer) in a small ClimeMET instrument screen, plus a CM 2000 Professional Weather Station.  I admit that the latter tends to over measure when there is full sun, but today has been overcast.

Posted

Barely enough rain to wet the ground in places here 0.3mm.

Posted

Complete opposite to yesterday with sunshine till about 1.00pm then just high level cloud but still feeling warm. Unfortunately looks like the last nice day until maybe end of next week if GFS is correct.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Looking at the radar this morning the rain area seems to be a lot further south than the forecasts were indicating yesterday.

Raining lightly here but hardly enough to wet the paths yet.

Posted

Somehow Mansfield once again copping it despite being dry just a few miles to the east, not as heavy as forecast perhaps but after the day-long rainfall yesterday not welcome.

Posted

A damp morning here with very light rain on and off, Temp 11c, North 4mph, Rain since Midnight 0.6mm.