Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

24.8c nearly there.... Breeze is quite gusty...can see anvils out west to quite a distance...

Doors and windows open it feels really pleasant....and there i thought today from the weekends models that today might be a washout here....

Edited by WillinGlossop

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

afternoon.

looking at the southcoast lyme bay area the rain has gone up in intensity.

anybody in that area.

fromey 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter- Cold, frost, snow. Summer- Warm and thundery.

Lovely storm just passing over DT8 now. Lovely and humid too.

• Like 3

Posted

Looks to be tracking NE so hopefully it will grow even more, if so I'm right in the firing line!!

Fromey

Posted

Looks to be tracking NE so hopefully it will grow even more, if so I'm right in the firing line!!Fromey

I don't think they are tracking NE, they seem to be running NNW along similar direction to this morning's showers/storms but approx. 50 miles further East in placement.

For us we need to look further down the line of development in the Channel towards France as hopefully those will affect us later.

Of positivity is how thundery activity has kicked off once cells hit land, so development could occur quite quickly this evening. Looking West it is clearly very dark and the sun will turn increasingly hazy as it sets into the shower/storm clouds.

I'd say if it was dark now we would be able to see lightning to the W/SW as it's affecting the Yeovil area.

Posted

I don't think they are tracking NE, they seem to be running NNW along similar direction to this morning's showers/storms but approx. 50 miles further East in placement. For us we need to look further down the line of development in the Channel towards France as hopefully those will affect us later. Of positivity is how thundery activity has kicked off once cells hit land, so development could occur quite quickly this evening. Looking West it is clearly very dark and the sun will turn increasingly hazy as it sets into the shower/storm clouds. I'd say if it was dark now we would be able to see lightning to the W/SW as it's affecting the Yeovil area.

Yeah your right on the track, looking at it now, looks to be a fair bit in the channel so hopefully we might be in luck!!Fromey

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Would be nice to get the 1'st Storm of the year here tonight ! Convective that is.

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

I'm right on the fringe of that line of storms and I'm to the SE of Yeovil.  So far, not even raining, I can hear the thunder, but I suspect that any minute now it will be hammering down!

Edit to add....it is now hammering down.

Edited by Lyn-M
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

Yes it's all firing off to the SW of the County right now. It should affect all parts at some point through the evening with some torrential bursts of rain accompanied by thunder and lightning but as always it's hit and miss whether it crosses over any one place. Looking pretty dark over the Mendips right now and with that classic warm wind from the SE blowing which nearly always seems to indicate a thundery breakdown is nigh.

You can see the side elevation view of the thundery band currently across West Somerset from the East of the band as my webcam faces the Mendips.

http://gibbyswebcam2.no-ip.biz:8002/

Edited by Gibby
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

We are having a pretty intense thunderstorm here at the moment, seen 5 lots of forked lightning so far and the thunder is VERY loud. Rain torrential, roads resemble rivers currently!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Storm just leaving NW France heading this way but weakening. Would be nice to see a storm but the chances were always low here.

Posted

We are having a pretty intense thunderstorm here at the moment, seen 5 lots of forked lightning so far and the thunder is VERY loud. Rain torrential, roads resemble rivers currently!

Fantastic, looks good on the radar and from your description it sounds like a classic elevated storm.

• Like 1

Posted

I really hope we get something this evening. All eyes to the radar.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter and summer

Need a good storm down here in Truro.

Not seen a drop yet and would be good if only to clear the air a bit.

Radar is looking good tho, fingers crossed .

Posted

Heads up to those in the Bristol/SE Wales area, sharp high based showers developing between Warminster to Bath recently which could develop further in he next hour. Definitely one very interesting looking cloud cell developing to the NE of my location.

The sharp shower caught me by surprise as I was outside (ironically watering plants) as the line of showery stuff is still to the W/SW proving development has occurred quickly after I checked the radar before going outside.

Posted

Changes definately since last on here,wind stopped and turned west then NW,showers building all over the place one torrential past just east no thunder from that surprising,but 2 rumbles from a different one just near it before,had a tail end of a shower which turned thundery to the NW,And a one off loud crack of thunder from a mid-level one close by,a few odd distant rumbles otherwise nice. :good:

• Like 1

Posted

are people getting excited about rain showers or the prospect of thunder and lightning?  please say the latter.