Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Being a student in Aberystwyth on a day like today is just perfect, lush views and being by the sea when its warm and sunny is so nice! Must be about 20/21C here with a light breeze! Hope to catch a storm tomorrow!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Stunning day again but as knocker said a little high cloud, mostly to our North so probably more prevalent over Camborne than further south here. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Another lovely day with plenty of warm sunshine but a more noticeable breeze.Signs of the approaching Atlantic trough as the isobars start to tighten bringing the flow in from the south and a warm continent.

post-2026-0-79929600-1400416879_thumb.pnpost-2026-0-56494100-1400416890_thumb.pn

Tomorrow it looks like the west of the region could see some rain or showers as the cooler Atlantic air comes against the warmth further east-thunder risk?-maybe any storm followers who know more than i do about any risk could comment.

post-2026-0-01068900-1400416903_thumb.pn

I have a golf match near Meridan,Warks tomorrow morning and it looks on a knife edge as to whether we get a soaking.Fingers crossed anyway,

Enjoy the rest of the day everyone. :) :)

• Like 2

Very warm and sunny, cumulus clouds building now and they look more developed than they were yesterday. Cirrus clouds drifting in from the W also.

Looking to my N over the Brecon Beacons I can see a large developed cumulus cloud that looks like it's close to towering.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Well, what do you expect? LOL :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Sunny ... Scattered Cloud.  Breezy .. 22.4c.  .....   20.4c in the shade...

Posted

At about midday this Ci helped to keep the temps down here as can be seen on the earlier sat.image. A bit awkward to classify. :wink: .

post-12275-0-91991200-1400429609_thumb.j

Edited by knocker

Posted

Lovely warm day on the whole, turned a bit on the cloudy side an hour ago but was gorgeous earlier this afternoon, warmest day of the year with a max of 21.9c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

What a cracking weekend it's been, sunny from Friday through to Sunday, with temps 20-23c.The sun as brought out a lot of people over the weekend, doing the big outdoor thing!

BBQing, parks (packed), even the good old Beer gardens were flowing, trust me, too well....Posted Image

But back to the weather, i've maxed out at 22.8c today, lets just hope this is a sign of what's to come this summer Posted Image

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Wandered along your way from Abbotsbury?  :whistling: 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Well I'm nearly sunburnt now after being out all day walking locally, Tan is coming along nice.. But to hot to work outside in! All the wild flowers are coming out and the fields look fantastic at this time of the year, A top temp of 20.6c. 

Currently, 16.9c Hazy. S/E 7mph.

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Wonder if we may see some thunderstorms imported from France this week here in Falmouth on a SEly wind. Had an intense thunderstorm early last June like this I think.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Well I'm nearly sunburnt now after being out all day walking locally, Tan is coming along nice.. But to hot to work outside in! All the wild flowers are coming out and the fields look fantastic at this time of the year, A top temp of 20.6c. 

Currently, 16.9c Hazy. S/E 7mph.

Come on PM you know as well as I do that a tan is a sign of skin damage.

Wonder if we may see some thunderstorms imported from France this week here in Falmouth on a SEly wind. Had an intense thunderstorm early last June like this I think.

The rain later in the week would appear to be further east.

Posted

True, the Midlands looks like a good spot though NMM do seem to think some precipitation my develop in France and possible move in our direction. Fingers crossed!

Posted

Come on PM you know as well as I do that a tan is a sign of skin damage.

Never said otherwise Knock, Doesn't stop me walking/climbing and I've worked outdoors since I was young so my skin is well season'd not through choice!

Posted

Overall a really good day again here. Stunning morning then some hazy cloud mid afternoon but actually turned fairly sunny again till about 6pm. Not as warm as recently but still warm really. Shame the spell is at an end here. A thunderstorm or two would really be the icing on the cake but fairly low chances down here I think. Heres hoping this trough this week buggars off soon enough.

Edited by Blizzards
  • Like 1

Posted

Not as sunny as the last 3 mornings here, Milky sky's with a Temp of 16c. Hopefully we may get some convective activity today. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Morning!

Currently 18℃ and sunny. It doesn't feel particularly muggy despite the high humidity, as there's a decent breeze.

Looking forward to tonight, I had a quick skirt of the charts, certainly lots going on from 9pm-ish in the south. I can't comment on other locations but I'd do pretty well to miss out on at least one rumble of thunder. Lightning detector and radar at the ready!

post-15177-0-61889500-1400489282_thumb.ppost-15177-0-07602800-1400489294_thumb.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Morning guys :) Took a photo of the cloud building up over Hereford/Wales this morning, this is looking due west from the Malverns:

Posted Image

• Like 6