Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

meto warning starts at 2am - bbc forecasts now showing the wintry weather piling in this side of midnight - possibly around 10pm - 11pm - so an interesting evening ahead i think - seems we may be in the sweet zone this time - we shall see!

Posted

meto warning starts at 2am - bbc forecasts now showing the wintry weather piling in this side of midnight - possibly around 10pm - 11pm - so an interesting evening ahead i think - seems we may be in the sweet zone this time - we shall see!

Nothing will come of it mate unless you live on a mountain lol.
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow

Just been outside and it feels bitter out there, feels the coldest its felt all winter lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything not grey and damp

Well good luck all.

Think i have seen 2 frosts this winter so far, mind you if i wanted snow and ice i should move !. I am expecting a thorough drenching tonight, to start very shortly.

• Like 1

Posted

Well good luck all.

Think i have seen 2 frosts this winter so far, mind you if i wanted snow and ice i should move !. I am expecting a thorough drenching tonight, to start very shortly.

What a brilliant screen name.....waiting for mackeral Posted Image

Posted

Wouldnt be suprised if we have some here....there were a few flakes around earlier today

yes your up in the gods as well so could have snow height could be the key again.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Its only going to be the Beacons this I feel, 4c DP 3c here with the rain not far away.

Posted

Its only going to be the Beacons this I feel, 4c DP 3c here with the rain not far away.

was a bit puzzled with the beebs interpretation of things with snow on the front as it came in - the meto have the warnings as from 2am - which is far more likely I would have thought anyway - more wintry precip on the northerly and north westerly edge of the low as it spins through!

Posted

Sleet just started, 2.7c

Posted

Sleet heavier on the back edge now 2.2c

Posted

What on earth was that warning for? It doesn't even appear to have snowed in the Beacons.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.

What on earth was that warning for? It doesn't even appear to have snowed in the Beacons.

The warning was, be aware! The potential for etc the warning never went to prepare I.e. Orange.

Posted

it has been in the past that when the meto put an emphasis warning on something it then decides to dematerialise - I suppose such a marginal event could have gone either way - and they saw an issue - this time - it wasn't to be!

• Like 1

Posted

Lets face it they are 99% marginal events.

Posted

The warning was, be aware! The potential for etc the warning never went to prepare I.e. Orange.

it has been in the past that when the meto put an emphasis warning on something it then decides to dematerialise - I suppose such a marginal event could have gone either way - and they saw an issue - this time - it wasn't to be!

Forgive my ignorance. I didn't mean to sound like I was criticising the Met Office, who generally do a fantastic job and are very accurate; it was frustration speaking.

• Like 1