Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Posted

massive hail and it's snowing too

after today looks like the beginning of March may well be wintry too

Edited by andymusic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.

Is there a good chance of a dip in temps, Andy? Winter just seems to have abandoned us. We've had lots of rain, wind and hail here in Cardiff, but no significant frosts or cold periods. Very disappointed now we're approaching the end of February.

Posted

This has been my worst winter for business for a very long time. The fat lady hasn't sung yet and hopefully March will give us a week or two of cold frosty days. Mother Nature always seems to have a way of balancing things out, but this winter that philosophy is right out the window.!

Posted

This has been my worst winter for business for a very long time. The fat lady hasn't sung yet and hopefully March will give us a week or two of cold frosty days. Mother Nature always seems to have a way of balancing things out, but this winter that philosophy is right out the window.!

March seems to always throw the snowiest month of the year ,and this year could be no exception,tentative signs of  a N Westerly Northerly Outbreak Friday next week.

Posted

Great to go to work without the rain ,the heavy rain they promised us never came off!Still looking good for wintry spell for the end of next week.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Wet and windy here!

Little prospect of snow even into the start of March, bar the usual suspects above 250m or so from what I can see:

http://forum.netweather.tv/blog/309/entry-4728-weather-guide-monday-24th-february-to-sunday-2nd-march-2014/

Stormy in places today, 93mph gust this morning at Capel Curig!!

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/wl/wl_latest_weather.html

55mph even here well inland.

Edited by TonyH

Posted

Wet and windy here!

Little prospect of snow even into the start of March, bar the usual suspects above 250m or so from what I can see:

http://forum.netweather.tv/blog/309/entry-4728-weather-guide-monday-24th-february-to-sunday-2nd-march-2014/

Stormy in places today, 93mph gust this morning at Capel Curig!!

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/wl/wl_latest_weather.html

55mph even here well inland.

Well we have a white ST Davidsday before fingers crossed Posted Image

Well we have a white ST Davidsday before fingers crossed Posted Image

I remember 1st March 2006 gave heavy snow from a Polar NNW.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/archive/ra/2006/Rrea00120060301.gif

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/archive/ra/2006/Rrea00220060301.gif

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/4762078.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/4761570.stm

I see nothing in the models which indicates this sort of pattern in the coming week (or even thereafter)

However in terms of a cold west to North Westerly with some sub 528 dam air and 850HPa temps around -5c that is more than possible. These can give and have given minor snow (mostly only falling) events this winter. But nothing really to write home about.

Edited by J10

Posted

Is there a good chance of a dip in temps, Andy? Winter just seems to have abandoned us. We've had lots of rain, wind and hail here in Cardiff, but no significant frosts or cold periods. Very disappointed now we're approaching the end of February.

March will be about the last chance saloon for us - especially the first 2 weeks (there are signs we could be in for something wintry - but it won't be the massive freezer type set up we have had in the last few years - doubtful anyway) - after that - try and look forward to sunshine and the summer and some warmth - and hopefully a stonking winter to come next year.

winter olympics were brill - only way i could get a proper snow fix this year - really puzzled we didn't have more skiers in our team - cross country and biathlon for eg - sure we can find 4 guys who can shoot straight and cover snow on skis fairly quickly to compete in the mens biathlon relay! lol

Edited by andymusic

Posted

There looks like lots of snowdrifts on the top of the Berwyn mountains,only had a quick look as I saw in the distance was in the car.

Posted

Rain well and truly back this evening, 13mm in 3 hours, 265mm Feb so far, 502mm 2014 so far..

Posted

Sky weather showing snow for Wales On Thursday any of you guys see anything

nothing on any of the charts for thursday as yet - the weekend looks a little wintry mind you and next week has potential too

Posted

update update update - been showing on gfs charts for a little while 28th Feb wintry weather - and meto now have a warning for this - according to tv forecasters - question marks over where the actual low will travel over us (north/south) - which will determine where the snow falls I suspect

Yellow Warning of Snow for Wales : Powys, Wrexham, Merthyr Tydfil, Rhonnda Cynon Taff, Blaenau Gwent, Caerphilly, Monmouthshire, Torfaen, Denbighshire, Gwynedd, Ceredigion & Conwy valid from 0005 Fri 28 Feb to 1200 Fri 28 Feb

gfs currently has the low here for friday morning

Posted Image

nice bit of precip

Posted Image

overnight temps of this - mmmmmmmmmmmm - could be interesting especially with a little elevation

Posted Image

snow possible on St David's Day too

Posted Image

and sunday night/monday too

Posted Image

latest euro4

Posted Image
Edited by andymusic

Posted

Another white ST David"s go on weather gods you can do it

Posted Image  http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79434-model-output-discussion-13th-feb-onwards/page-30#

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Slowly turning into a channel low but we need colder uppers! I would say central southern Wales at most risk....

Posted ImagePosted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Well well well, after having all but given up on this winter and after enjoying the sun of the last few days, I'd all but forgotten about snow prospects, so this is a pleasant little surprise.

The latest forecasts do indeed seem to be shifting prospects of snow further south, especially compared to the yellow warning area the Met Office have provided, with the hills of Central and Southern Wales and Southern England mentioned as being hotspots. There seems to be some uncertainty, and there also seems to be chances in the coming days. I believe our last white St. David's Day was in 2006, correct?

The Met Office warning has now been updated and while the area covered has shrunk, it has expanded southwards to cover all of the Valleys.

Edited by Jackfrost
  • Like 1

Posted

snowy hail showers so far today - updated meto warning

Yellow Warning of Snow for Wales : Blaenau Gwent, Caerphilly, Merthyr Tydfil, Monmouthshire, Powys, Rhonnda Cynon Taff, Torfaen, Neath Port Talbot, Carmarthenshire & Bridgend valid from 0200 Fri 28 Feb to 1500 Fri 28 Feb

Posted

Another white ST David"s go on weather gods you can do it

Posted Image  http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79434-model-output-discussion-13th-feb-onwards/page-30#

I'd love to have a WHITE St David's Day but unlikely in Milford Haven Posted Image it is very cold today though! Brrrr Posted Image

Posted

Although it felt chilly today with sleet showers around Carmarthen, it was actually my equal mildest day of the month max 10.4c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Just expecting rain here though might get a surprise if its heavy enough I guess, been a very nice spring like day today! I hope for many more days like this!