Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Your wishes for the remainder of the astronomical winter?

your wishes for remainder of our astronomical winter?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What do you wish for the remainder of our astronomical winter?

• Warm and dry - a good southerly please
    • Cold - easterlies, northerly, snow etc
    • I don't care- just no more storms
    • More atlantic storms

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anticyclonic unless a snow storm

Please let me know your wishes for the remainder of the astronomical winter. Feel free to

comment as well if I missed out an option.

Edited by BlueSkies_do_I_see
  • Like 1

Posted

I would love to know who voted more atlantic storms... we need either cold and dry and frosty or cold and snowy no more atlantic storms please

• Like 3

Posted

I could have made voting public but decided to give people anonymity. I thought the more storms might get a vote. I love thunderstorms but not the type of storms we have been on the end of recently.

Edited by BlueSkies_do_I_see
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

I picked the first option. I'm not bothered about cold or snow anymore - winter failed to deliver, so my attention has turned to spring.

Posted

I would love to know who voted more atlantic storms... we need either cold and dry and frosty or cold and snowy no more atlantic storms please

I'm one. The South have had their share.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Yorkshire Puddin' aka Kirkham, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom
  • Weather Preferences: cold winters, cold springs, cold summers and cold autumns
  • Location: Yorkshire Puddin' aka Kirkham, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom

I wish for cold easterlies and northerlies with snow for the pitiful remains of this very mild winter giving way to an otherwise very cold year with northerlies and cool zonality giving frosts and sunshine and showers like 1962.

Edited by Craig Evans

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

The recent weather hasn't shifted me from my usual stance on this- I'd like a mix of cold bright showery spells with dramatic snowstorms/hailstorms, and warm dry sunny anticyclonic ones.  As a result I haven't voted in the poll as while the first two are close approximations to what I would like, I can't vote for both.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Went for no more storms, It can be Calm, Dry and Cold or Warm, Dry and Calm, but no more storms please.

Posted
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

Give me a heap of snow, sick of the current setup, but waited long enough for the white stuff, don't want to wait another 8 months! Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

Cold,cold,cold and more cold. If not then cool. It's my main preference whether rainy, stormy, sunny or dull. If that carries on into spring then great. If not then I look forward to next winter.

Edited by simshady
  • Like 1

Posted

Cold/cool conditions afforded by a northerly airstream. Plenty of sunshine and snow showers but no rain would be my preference until March 20/21st.

I'm not in the "I want this winter over" camp just yet, I'd like to salvage at least something - even if it is in March.

• Like 2

Posted

Like many others I suspect, I would like a nice anti-cyclone to form, but given thats most unlikely and my preferences wont be considered by the weather gods, I sort of hope we do break all wet rainfall records just for the notability of that.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

Like many others I suspect, I would like a nice anti-cyclone to form, but given thats most unlikely and my preferences wont be considered by the weather gods, I sort of hope we do break all wet rainfall records just for the notability of that.

Your wish came true!
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

The voting form seems to have disappeared.

If it had been there I would have voted for more Atlantic storms, preferably with their focus  shifted about 200 miles north of where it was during the winter,  thereby placing Chateau Terminal  at the very epicentre of the rainy goodness.

Posted
Posted · Hidden by Weather-history, March 8, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Weather-history, March 8, 2014 - No reason given

The voting form seems to have disappeared.If it had been there I would have voted for more Atlantic storms, preferably with their focus  shifted about 200 miles north of where it was during the winter,  thereby placing Chateau Terminal  at the very epicentre of the rainy goodness.

Why don't you build a house under a waterfall?