Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wintry end to February 2004

Weather-history

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I think I remember getting snow on my birthday (27th) that year :)

Posted

That was a good spell of weather in Sheffield, though not as good as late February the following year. Everyone went outside the night it started coming down and had a big snowball fight. It didn't disappear for well over a week.

Posted

This Winter has certainly made Winter 2003/04 seem like a good one.  Didn't get much lying snow in late February 2004, but got a covering overnight on the 29th.  March 2004 had a cold first half with some snow on the 11th/12th in the south.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I had a dusting of snow in Lancaster on the night of the 26th/27th, and on the 25th/26th/27th homegrown convection produced some snow showers, as sometimes happens in late-February northerlies due to the stronger sunshine (1993 and 2001 produced other good examples).  It wasn't as spectacular as it was in the Tyne and Wear/Durham area, though, where inland areas got a considerable dumping of snow on the 27th and coastal areas then got a similar dumping on the 28th, amounting to about 4-5 inches in many places.