Sign in to follow this  
Weather-history

Wintry end to February 2004

Our Northern Irish, Welsh and SW members will remember this well as it gave some heavy snowfalls on this northerly flow

Did see some snow from this.

Edited by Weather-history

I think I remember getting snow on my birthday (27th) that year :)

That was a good spell of weather in Sheffield, though not as good as late February the following year. Everyone went outside the night it started coming down and had a big snowball fight. It didn't disappear for well over a week.

This Winter has certainly made Winter 2003/04 seem like a good one.  Didn't get much lying snow in late February 2004, but got a covering overnight on the 29th.  March 2004 had a cold first half with some snow on the 11th/12th in the south.

I had a dusting of snow in Lancaster on the night of the 26th/27th, and on the 25th/26th/27th homegrown convection produced some snow showers, as sometimes happens in late-February northerlies due to the stronger sunshine (1993 and 2001 produced other good examples).  It wasn't as spectacular as it was in the Tyne and Wear/Durham area, though, where inland areas got a considerable dumping of snow on the 27th and coastal areas then got a similar dumping on the 28th, amounting to about 4-5 inches in many places.