Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 15/02/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Still windy here but a lot calmer in comparison, will attempt to go out soon and rescue the bin on my way to the library to hand in my DVD and may hap get a new one for the weekend.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Wind still gusting, it's worse during showers. Been at it all day.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

post-10773-0-26730500-1392475917_thumb.j

:: Sky News has a special programme dedicated to the floods crisis every night this week at 7pm.

:: You can also watch the documentary Storm Nation Special at 8pm today and at 3am and 8pm tomorrow.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

FORDWICH, KENT, UK

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and no more than 25degC

T & L and sudden short sharp hailstorm just passed through here in RH18....we were on the margins of a much beefier formation I could see from the bedroom windows.

Yippee I'm out of the NSCPosted Image

xxx

• Like 2

Posted

gone very dark here and we've had a few rumbles of thunder, no rain yet.

Edit: The rain has arrived!

Edited by k66yla

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Sunny in London, all calm, damage minimal in my part but other areas of london have suffered damage. Worse thing that happened was my wheelie bin moving house.

Posted

lol, yes it is.

Hehe, just had an online conversation with sky, and after 10 mins of chat they established that I don't have a sky signal. Bloody hell, they're sharp!

I need to call out an engineer...boo shucks.

Edited by chilly milly

Posted

lol, yes it is.

I think what Lassie is trying to say is .....has your dish moved slightly in the wind, as it only takes a few degrees off alignment to lose the signal from that satellite, perhaps you could check the tightness of the dish on the bracket ?

• Like 1

Posted

I think what Lassie is trying to say is .....has your dish moved slightly in the wind, as it only takes a few degrees off alignment to lose the signal from that satellite, perhaps you could check the tightness of the dish on the bracket ?

Oh I see.  What a dumbass I am. :D :D

I don't know, I would have to wait for hubby to get home as I'm scared of heights.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

So depressing all this flooding and damage. But what is worse is people's stupidity… so you still go out for a St Valentine's meal at a beach-front restaurant when there are 70+mph winds forecast… then surprise surprise, rocks start flying through the windows??? Even stupider, the restaurant owners themselves, not boarding up their windows.

I feel like something to cheer me up, so can anyone post any web cams of wind surfers - there was an excellent live one off some beach in the Netherlands of them in action, but I've lost it. I'd rather watch British ones. I know most used to head for the Selsey area, but whether there's a cam there, I don't know.

So if anyone with local knowledge could provide a link I'd be very grateful...

Edited by Iceni

Posted

Not so stormy next week, but more rain, will it ever stop?Posted Image It's nearly March and still no sign ofPosted Image it's driving mePosted Image

Posted

We lost several ridge tiles along with a couple of normal ones.  

Also, our 14ft trampoline (which weighs a ton, and has never moved before in any of the other storms), lifted up, OVER our fence and into next door's garden (approx 15 feet), in an absolute perfect position!  I have no idea how this could have happened, other than a mini-tornado?

Posted

Not so stormy next week, but more rain, will it ever stop?Posted Image It's nearly March and still no sign ofPosted Image it's driving mePosted Image

I think the only thing which will give us some respite is Spring in North America. It's the only thing which will shift that PV back where it belongs (hot air expands), thereby equalising the temperatures between the North Atlantic and warmer tropical air which is spawning these lows.

In a nutshell.

• Like 1

Posted

Also, our 14ft trampoline (which weighs a ton, and has never moved before in any of the other storms), lifted up, OVER our fence and into next door's garden (approx 15 feet), in an absolute perfect position!  I have no idea how this could have happened, other than a mini-tornado?

have they given it back

• Like 1

Posted

We lost several ridge tiles along with a couple of normal ones.   Also, our 14ft trampoline (which weighs a ton, and has never moved before in any of the other storms), lifted up, OVER our fence and into next door's garden (approx 15 feet), in an absolute perfect position!  I have no idea how this could have happened, other than a mini-tornado?

No need for a tornado. Imagine your trampoline is like a kind of round sail - the same sort which can shift 30 ton yachts along at 20 knots given the right wind.
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

I can understand where you're coming from.

Last night was unquestionably the worst storm of this Winter for us.

There was no structural damage to houses around us after the previous ones, but noticeable this time. Roofs especially.

Yet not even our bins blew over. Wind direction must have been different, so your trampoline could have been in the perfect location to act as a sail where previously it wasn't. And there, your honour, I offer my evidence :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

We lost several ridge tiles along with a couple of normal ones.   Also, our 14ft trampoline (which weighs a ton, and has never moved before in any of the other storms), lifted up, OVER our fence and into next door's garden (approx 15 feet), in an absolute perfect position!  I have no idea how this could have happened, other than a mini-tornado?

A few of the property's near here are only 3 year old new builds, and have tiles missing and lead flashing ripped off!

Posted

I think the only thing which will give us some respite is Spring in North America. It's the only thing which will shift that PV back where it belongs (hot air expands), thereby equalising the temperatures between the North Atlantic and warmer tropical air which is spawning these lows.In a nutshell.

Yes we are stuck in this rut because north east america is having one of its coldest winters for years and it is still snowing there. I hope this pattern doesn't repeat  next winter.

• Like 1

Posted

have they given it back

Not yet!