Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 15/02/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all,

Woke up to brilliant sunshine here....what a great start to POETS day Posted Image

post-10773-0-40551700-1392975424_thumb.j

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all. :)

A slight ground frost here earlier and a sparkling day is following.

There is definitely a feeling of weather fatigue across the forums at the moment. I'm now looking forward to the first properly properly warm day of spring (t-shirt weather) Northerly topplers do nothing for me at all. They never have and never will.

I should have some warmish weather next week, as I'll be in Lanzarote. B) As much as anything, I'm looking forward to it as I currently have plenty to think about and it'll give me some breathing space.

Have a good POETS day everyone and enjoy tomorrow too, as it's looking like another very pleasant one. :)

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. Lovely blue sky, sun, slight breeze but a bit chilly in Ippy. Hope it stays like this as I have loads to do involving a trip into town with Nipper. Do NOT fancy walking about in rain as said Nipper will NOT wear hats, mittens nor have plastic cover on push chair. She LOVES the weather just like her Goose. (Me) :)

Morning all,

clear, quiet start to the day weather wise and much the same can be said for this forum in the mornings now, just not the same without Coast (Robin)Posted Image

Blimey! I wonder if Coast knew how popular he was. I'm sure Netweather will go on and still be the same lovely, friendly place without him (Coast)

Have a great day, folks whatever you are up too. :)

Edited by Keraunophile
  • Like 2

Posted

Right after my nice walk I'm off to town now to fight my round the shops with the half-termersPosted Image

Edited by Keraunophile

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

I noticed there was ground frost in sheltered parts of fields as I waslked down to my local railway station this morning, but it was a bit too early to see the sun. By the time I arrived ar Stratford it was sunny and it is a truly wonderful day but clouds are now starting to build up following the earlier unbroken sunshine.

Having returned to my office in Euston, following my site visits on the Olympic Park I must say it is one of those days where I do not mind too much being in the office,as I am based on the 27th floor and I have a great panoramic view of London.From my window I can see the Olympic Park (the Orbit) in the distance, but if I go to other wings of the building I can see the Houses of Parliament and the Wheel, Westminster Cathedral, Wembley Stadium, Battersea Power Station and Hampstead Heath.

I am really looking forward to the weekend as I intend to watch my local football team in the afternoon after what seems like an eternity since they last were at home.

I hope everyone enjoys their weekend.

Kind Regards

Dave

• Like 2

Posted

'noon all :)

it is actually quite a nice day out there today; and if i get away from work early i may even get home and walk the dog in daylight. very nearly managed it yesterday. St James' park has lots of flowers blooming and fingers crossed the end of winter is nigh.

• Like 1

Posted

post-2025-0-33552200-1392987088_thumb.jpMy doggy in last weekends sun. he wasnt sure what the big bright thing in the sky was having not seen it for ages Posted Image

Edited by MAF
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

Where is Charlton K today?

I have a bone to pick with him. My wife is very upset. She moved to Harlow when she was about three years old as one of the first residents when it built as an overspill town for north London. She did not like him to refer to her home town as "Orrible Harlow". He should be warned that she seems to be very much in the same vein as his nearest and dearest and so he needs to be very careful.Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

To prove how "hard" she is, I must relate a story that happened about 15 years ago in Majorca. It was one of those holidays where it anything could go wrong it did. The flight out was delayed, our youngest who was overtired vomitted all over me in the coach on the way to our hotel and when we finally did get there, the accommodation was truly awful.Apart from the foregoing on the second day of our stay my middle son accidently poked me in the eye with a snooker cue!

As I do not do much sunbathing although my wife does I decided to go down to the local shops just before lunch to purchase some cakes. When I returned poolside I noticed a ball coming towards me and in attempting to kick it back into the pool I lost my balance and landed heavily on my back and elbow, squashing the cakes into a messy heap in the process. Whilst "the boss"  was having a go at me for ruining the cakes another lady came over to tell her off as my elbow was bleeding quite a bit and required attention.

Following cleaning it up we made the most of the rest of the day, but the following morning I could hardly move my arm. It so happened that that day a doctor visited the complex as part of his usual schedule and when I showed him my arm he  drove me to his surgery a short distance away to have the injury xrayed. He confirmed that it was not broken, but he nevertheless insisted that it should be placed in a sling for the remainder of the holiday.

Now to the main part of my tale of woe! A few days later my beloved was sitting on her sun lounger and as I wished to discuss something with her I made my way down to sit beside her on the lounger. Just as my buttocks touched the lounger she decided to stand up. She could not have timed it better. As she did so the lounger tipped sideways as my weight had overbalanced it and in slow motion I fell sideways in an arc until I landed on my sing wearing elbow. It was absolute agony but all sh could do was laugh as well as everyone else sunbathing nearby. I did not think it particularly funny at the time, but I do now.

I spent the rest of the holiday fairly inactive apart from performing my Florence Nightingale act with my spare arm. The trees by the pool seemed to attract wasp like insects (they were not wasps) and lots of people were being stung by them. My wife likes to take everything, apart from the kitchen sink with her when we go away and this holiday was no exception. Included in her medicine chest was a cube of Waspeasie  (or however it is spelt) I I spent quite a bit of time applying the medication to tose who had been stung.

It was certainly an unforgettable holiday and one I will never forget.

Kind Regards

Dave

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

Afternoon Posted Image

Happy Friday!

Beautiful day here in Faversham, Was just sitting there enjoying the peace and quiet and heard rain. Had a peek out the back and it was sunny blue, peek out the front and it was black, opened the door and saw the end of a rainbow in the park! I couldn't get a good pic as my little one is fast asleep and I couldn't leave her indoors but I could just see it through the trees coming down onto the grass. Thats a first for me. No pot of gold that I could see but maybe I'll be lucky on the lottery tonight. 

• Like 3

Posted

Had a lovely walk into town with Nipper. Got some info about possible move etc, so that's good. Had a lovely walk back down by the river ( the part which runs past the possible flat) Lovely sunshine, bit windy but it blew the old cobwebs off and cleared my overworked brain a tad. So overwhelmed with things to do and desperate to have this flat. Please all keep your fingers crossed for me. :) Just need to speak to agent again about some things.

Lovely and sunny here and very spring like. Daffs have got buds and the birds are singing. Hope springs, eh? New start and all that.

It's not the prettiest part of Ippy, but I like it,and as I say...it's by the river and I love being near water. And I can find a certain beauty in the most urban areas and industrial landscapes. For example, I love power stations and leccy pylons. Yup...I'm wierd. :D

And you never know, I may fall madly in love with that bridge or that flood barrier wall. Hmmm, now I think about it........:)

post-17085-0-75768800-1392995054_thumb.j

post-17085-0-20786900-1392995142_thumb.j

Edited by Keraunophile
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Not our region I know but fascinating all the same ...

‪A thick layer of peat has been washed away from the beach in Borth, Mid Wales, revealing the remains of 5,000-year-old oak trees which once grew here. The whole area was once under forest which, over time, became peaty and was then submerged under the sea as the coastline changed over thousands of years.

post-10773-0-81469400-1392995909_thumb.j

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2564285/5-000-year-old-forest-unearthed-storms-Beach-washed-away-reveal-ancient-oaks-pines.html

• Like 7

Posted

Not our region I know but fascinating all the same ...

‪A thick layer of peat has been washed away from the beach in Borth, Mid Wales, revealing the remains of 5,000-year-old oak trees which once grew here. The whole area was once under forest which, over time, became peaty and was then submerged under the sea as the coastline changed over thousands of years.

Posted Imageimage.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2564285/5-000-year-old-forest-unearthed-storms-Beach-washed-away-reveal-ancient-oaks-pines.html

Beautiful aren't they? What a find. I'd love to see them for real. It's sad that they were submerged though. It just goes to show that our coast is constantly changing and has been for millennia so it's nothing new. Hope they make a TV documentary about it. Now that would be worth watching.
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon all

Bright and sunny day with some short and quick mini showers blowing through, nothing major so not even damp out now.

Glad that day is over, right from the start it was mental after arriving to a *major* server issue at work,  seems OK now thought *phew*.

And to top it off got caught in a rolling roadblock on the way home, think the rozzers were out to catch someone on the run that has taken refuge at a farm near by, well that was where they headed anyway.

Posted

anyone seen CK today?

anyway forgot to mention it was frosty here this morning, and that awkward frost that is a bugger to get off the car windows easily, only just got in on time (and wish I had not bothered).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snow and a good Thunder & Lightening

A lovely, crisp day down here, now 7.6 degrees, one intense shower with bright blue sky, been gardening all day, so stood in the greenhouse and watched it pass. Loads of frog spawn appeared in the pond, so hoping no sharp frosts develop. Coffee break over and back to the garden before the light fades!

• Like 1

Posted

Afternoon all. Just a quick visit from me but thought I would mention there are some lovely cloud and seascape images on the live Bognor Regis webcam today, I even saw a rainbow earlier. Have a good weekend. Posted Image

http://www.bognorregisbeach.co.uk/live

• Like 3

Posted

A lovely, crisp day down here, now 7.6 degrees, one intense shower with bright blue sky, been gardening all day, so stood in the greenhouse and watched it pass. Loads of frog spawn appeared in the pond, so hoping no sharp frosts develop. Coffee break over and back to the garden before the light fades!

I was reading an article on frogspawn just recently and seems even if there is a frost/ice many should survive (unless really cold) as they lay so many eggs in layers only the tops ones die the rest are OK, seems to be an evolutional tactic.

Got my work bodywarmer today :) do not need it for work, but they have this policy of staff having company kit, I am office based white collar but you can order extras...

have the body warmer, fleece and polo shirt, beany hat and other stuff, all comes in handy all year round along with the office shirts and stuff (we have to look the part for the customer it seems), even have a hi-viz bomber jacket which is fantastic as it is very warm and wind proof.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Met office at it again, this from the telegraph. Met Office told councils to expect a 'drier than normal' Winter The Met Office made serious errors in its three month forecast provided to councils and the Environment Agency and said in November that the country could expect 'drier than usual' conditions this winter - especially in the West Country

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Two day weekend, what will I do?  (oh yeah watch the DVD for a start) can feel a visit to a reserve coming up if the weather holds.

Met office at it again, this from the telegraph. Met Office told councils to expect a 'drier than normal' Winter The Met Office made serious errors in its three month forecast provided to councils and the Environment Agency and said in November that the country could expect 'drier than usual' conditions this winter - especially in the West Country

Posted Image

BBQ summer on the way then?

Posted

Two day weekend, what will I do?  (oh yeah watch the DVD for a start) can feel a visit to a reserve coming up if the weather holds.

BBQ summer on the way then?

Have they made a summer prediction yet? Do you still have DVD rental stores? In london they have all but gone, even block buster. I joined love film, you can keep the dvd  for as long as you want, no late fees, post it back when finished free of charge.

Posted

Have they made a summer prediction yet? Do you still have DVD rental stores? In london they have all but gone, even block buster. I joined love film, you can keep the dvd  for as long as you want, no late fees, post it back when finished free of charge.

I use the library now, not many to choose from  and not always up to date but £2.50 a week I can cope with, saves on a sub I cannot afford or want.

Posted

I use the library now, not many to choose from  and not always up to date but £2.50 a week I can cope with, saves on a sub I cannot afford or want.

I pay four pounds a month for two DVDs a month. You deserve a pay rise jax mate.