Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 15/02/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

http://www.meteociel.fr/cartes_obs/gens_display.php?x=320&y=159&run=18&runpara=0&col=1&type=1&ext=1

gfs op

the white line

on the 28th has the low the lowest of all the ensembles ( bar one)

going further than the fax charts this year is really tricky

even the ensembles which used to give you a trend are not helping

Edited by john pike

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Lovely, mild evening here and the sky is quite bright because of street lights reflecting off the cloud cover..(I think :O ) Very spring like. It makes you feel hopeful and positive. A new page and a fresh start.

Well, I had a call from the estate agent and the flat is mine if I want it. I want it! :) Its near the river but it doesn't flood (I hope) But you can see it really well from back of house. It's not the smart bit, not the marina but its water and that's what I like. :)

Hope everyone ok.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Well, I had a call from the estate agent and the flat is mine if I want it. I want it! Posted Image Its near the river but it doesn't flood (I hope) But you can see it really well from back of house. It's not the smart bit, not the marina but its water and that's what I like. Posted Image

Great news Grace....when do you move ?

• Like 1

Posted

Great news Grace....when do you move ?

Cheers, Ali. Hopefully on the 7th of March or there abouts. You can all come for a flat warming.........I wish. :) It'll be all go here as my niece is moving as well. :O
  • Like 1

Posted

gfs ensembles

Posted Image

some rain up to the 25th but nothing overly bad

25th-28th some heavier amounts showing

28th onwards looks a lot dryer

also note the ensembles on the 28th on

these are certainly looking colder

fi though 25th on as a spread there

just a point

at present i am not calling totally dry for us

but going against what we have had previously

anyway time will tell

off now as an early night tonight

goodnight all Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

off now as an early night tonight

goodnight all Posted Image

Thanks John and good night to you - sleep well Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: if its warm i want sun..if its cold i want snow.

The simple answer surely is to completely ignore them, and deny them the publicity they crave ??  We have some very knowledgeable folk here who post regularly and know their stuff.

duh..i was having a laugh.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning all, grey and damp here this morning. The models are showing some more awfulness for next week too.

Posted Image

Lets hope these lows get corrected northwards with time as frankly the last thing we need is more heavy rain.

On another note my contract at work has been extended until the end of October :)

• Like 5

Posted

Morning all, hope everyone's well. Funny old day yesterday, there's you lot saying how warm it was, and me shivering and having to have a soak in the bath to get warm, too old to be working in temperatures of -23c as I was yesterday, blimey I had forgotten how cold that was, however I did win gold for my skating, little hint don't walk through a paddle just prior to entering a large freezer :-)

Sad day for me today, it's my Insitute dinner up in and London, it's known as the fridgeman ball, last year I decided not to go again, and surprisingly this I'm not, the reason, to many ghosts of colleagues and great friends most of who have gone to the great fridge in the sky. The young 'uns are all far to studious and want to talk work, they don't get it that its to do with meeting your opposition and engaging in conversation with them, chatting to them and becoming friends. I don't know I get so frustrated now days that everything is taken so seriously, there's no time for good old fashion banter. So of the stories from long ago where classics, who could ever forget going to the great room in the Grovenor and having a great evening, going back to your room with a bottle of whiskey and a few mates, someone accidentally throwing up in a lift and remarkable remembering to apologise in the morning and offering to pay the cleaning bill, only for the very snooty receptionist to answer well that was ok then, but whose going to pay for Dustin Hoffman cleaning bill, unfortunately for us, young Mr Hoffman was not the tallest of guys and apparently well, what can I say. We tried to apologise, but apparently he had left. Always have a chuckle when I see him on tele. Mike, the offender was a total character a brilliant designer, beautiful, wife, great kids, taken by cancer at a far to early age, mate how I miss you. I cannot stand those memories again flooding through my brain, so this sad day, I will give it a miss, hopefully this will help, but I got a feeling it won't.

The ongoing 'ole situation is now resolved got, some lovely level paying slabs and a bright yellow access lid to the new valve below, let's hope the fire brigade never uses it. Next door dog, looked at all with great suspicion and had a good sniff round and then promptly christianed it, so I suppose that 3 nil to him and game set and match.

Weather in dirty Dartford matches the description, its dull, dank and dreary. Have a good day everyone and I'm sorry if I depressed you, but I hate this yearly anniversary.

Congratulations captain shortwave that a bit of good news.

Edited by Charltonkerry
  • Like 2

Posted

Morning all!

Scorching 10.4c here this morning, with cloudy skies.  I don't mind as long as it's not raining.  It makes a change to walk the dog in the dry...I'm just waiting for the day when we can return home from a walk without looking like we've just been playing a rugger match.  We're both fed up with the hose down afterwards.

Kerry such bittersweet memories for you.  I've always liked a 'bit of a do', but not when there are old friends permanently missing. ((hugs))

Happy birthday today to 80sWeather.  Hope it's a good one for you.

Trip to the nurse today with eldest to check stitches and then a pretty boring mundane day as usual. :)

Have a good 'un whatever you are doing.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Morning all

Damp, grey and pretty miserable, but thats enough about my hair.

The weather is remarkably similar though

• Like 4

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

One of those days where temps maybe lower mid/late afternoon than currently this morning thanks to the cold front clearing through early afternoon, we'll see. A balmy 11C currently here.

Posted

Morning all,

I have invented a new weather word to describe today's conditions 'Mizzly' (its a combo of miserable and drizzle just so you know) Posted Image   

On the positive side I have the day off (apart from some admin) so I've had a nice lay in and caught up with my Zzzz's and just eaten a toasted crumpet for half past tensies !

I'm feeling all bouncy again now Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

Mornin each. As M K says....it's mizzly here as well. Or 'Greydy..a combination of grey and cloudy. :) I feel inertia setting in...so much to do and I can't be bothered. But must needs I suppose.

Have a good day, folks. :)

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all,

I have invented a new weather word to describe today's conditions 'Mizzly' (its a combo of miserable and drizzle just so you know) Posted Image   

On the positive side I have the day off (apart from some admin) so I've had a nice lay in and caught up with my Zzzz's and just eaten a toasted crumpet for half past tensies !

I'm feeling all bouncy again now Posted Image

Do you know that first appeared on breakfast tv with Frank Bough and the weather presenter who was on sky for a while oh yeah Francis Wilson came up with that in about 1983 eek i am old enough to remember that

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all,

Not a lot to say about the weather today - other than it being thoroughly depressing!  Please Mother Nature, could we have a nice warm, sunny spring?

• Like 3

Posted

Ah.....here comes the rain. Hey ho, here we go again. :O

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Ughhh

I do dont wanna be at work.....Can someone write me a note to give to my boss explaining that Lloyd needs to go home due to a severe alergic reaction to his dull as dish water project that he has been put on?

Thanks in advance

L x

• Like 3

Posted

Dear Lloyds boss

Unfortunately Lloyd has developed suddenly and intensely a severe case of projectitis. Therefore he must, without question, be sent home, as a matter of urgency. The symptoms include an acute attack of blepharospasm, which can develop very quickly into  snoring and ultimately a stupor.  It is not yet known if this disease is contagious but I would strongly recommend all remaining staff are quarantined and disinfected.

Yours

Doctor Gordon Briscoe

• Like 5