Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Hotmail/Outlook account

Andy Bown

Posted

I have had the following text in an email this afternoon. Have any other Hotmail account holders had similar? Is it correct? ...

Windows Live Account Authentication:

Dear Outlook® Account User,

[*]

[*]This message is from Microsoft Outlook® Customer care messaging center, to all account owners. We are currently upgrading our data base servers, Access to your account has been blocked by Microsoft Outlook®. You will have to Authenticate your Account below to show you are human and to prevent a permanent closure of this email address.

[*]Do not click on external links, authentication should be done using the authenticate button below. Successfully authenticated addresses will be automatically notified via inbox.

[*]  

[*]CLICK HERE TO AUTHENTICATE

[*]Note: if account user that fails to verify his or her account within 72 hours of receiving this message might lose its account temporarily.

All the best,

The Outlook.com Team

Posted

That looks iffy to me, and the url which the authenticate link goes to doesn't appear to be a microsoft one (I've removed it from your post btw - just in case someone clicks it).

Posted

The last line doesn't even make sense. This is a blatant email and password harvesting scamThere are changes afoot mind, I see Skydrive is going to be called Livedrive soon.Maybe that's why they are trying this now.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Ahhh phishing we see tons of the rubbish. Most popular are webmail and Apple ID Itunes and Icloud.Apple makes it easy by allowing people who use the itunes store to use silly email address's