Posted

hi sarah

cant see

hope my chimney aint damaged now

something made a pretty big noise

hi bobby

no not one of them Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

somwthing just gone crash bang outside ! O.O

Posted

It's all mostly shingle. That's the hissing noise are the waves recede down the beach. I know because I used to wind surf there and at Selsey. The only place which is sandy is West Wittering at low tide.

LOL. Even Bognor is sandy at low tide. Used to be sandy all the way up to the prom but thankfully the local council realised the sea defenses needed strengthening and tons of shingle were put on the beach, over 20 years ago. The shingle doesn't get here naturally.

Edited by coldfingers

Posted
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT
  • Weather Preferences: I like a bit of weather
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT

Jesus Christ!!!!!! Absolutely howling and whistling here... Gott in himmel!!!!!

Edited by Sidsnake
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Friend on canvey island just lost her 40ft conifer tree fallen missing their car but taken down neighbours gutting and the bt power lines!. I'm not afraid to say I don't like this and am scared right now :(

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

According to the Reigate Grammar School weather station we are 4mph off the strongest gusts of 24/12/13, at 47mph. This feels like more sustained wind though, house creaking much more. Girl cat and I are cuddled on sofa, she is blissed out with her catnip, I have gin. Boy cat is attempting to get out through the locked cat flap, I believe he is a cat with very little brain.

If I open the window or door for my cat Fluffy and he doesn't fancy the weather, he goes to another door hoping the weather will be different. He does this great pose when it's too windy - stretches his front paws out and turns his head away from it - it's like something out of Scott of the Antarctic.

Edited by Iceni
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Just got back from the dog walk, it's gusty, but not as scary as I thought it would be. In fact it sounds worse now I'm back in the house. Amazing how warm it is out there though.

Posted

Yikes, slates off and smashed into the back of the house. I was peeking out at the time and just dodged them. Slightly scary.

Posted

Yamkin, with all due respect I tend to take your posts with a large pinch of salt and a wry smile but I think you are over egging the cake somewhat yet again. Why, and based on what exactly ?

What is this very high energy you keep mentioning ?  What do you base your predictions of 100mph winds on ? Why do you think the Met Office will be issuing Red alerts for our region ?  Do you honestly think it's wise to scaremonger based on...........nothing much at all ?  Sticking a Posted Image  at the end of your posts means jack all to be honest.

109 MPH ALERT: Huge 109mph wind gust at Needles Lighthouse - Courtesy Of MetDesk

post-2721-0-92723300-1392420658_thumb.pn

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales/storms, snow, thunder!

Wow is this thing ramping up the gears now it's really squalling and starting to roar, lots of rumbling on the house!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

It's on nights like this that i'm glad i left my blind date waiting for me at the pub, whilst i sit at home next to my fire in my slippers, sipping a tizer cocktail and stroking my cat............cosy

• Like 3

Posted

I've lost two fence panels in the past 20 minutes... looks like next door will have our Whippets in their garden tomorrow morning.

Well you are round the corner from me.

Not checked but fence was atill there last time I looked.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow

Gusting up to 55 mph at our local met office observation point here. couple of miles ay roughly same ASL.

Most noisy and persistent storm so far.

Picked up my friends huge trampoline and 40ft tree down behind our her garden,

Stay safe

Katie

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder / lightning, Freezing rain, snow, ice and blizzards!

I can hear the wind indoors and not often I can do that (unless it is me), quite amazing wind being felt here.

Yes it's the same here just south of St Neots, the roof is creaking!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

LOL. Even Bognor is sandy at low tide. Used to be sandy all the way up to the prom but thankfully the local council realised the sea defenses needed strengthening and tons of shingle were put on the beach. The shingle doesn't get here naturally.

It didn't feel sandy when I fell off my surf board. Hurt like hell.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: I like a bit of weather

It's getting worse out there folks another huge gust just blasted through our 50'ft tall conifers, it's expected to start peaking within the next hour or so.

PEAKING IN THE NEXT HOUR OR SO, PEAKING????!!!! It's howling here with things banging about outside.... You're indicating things are going to get worse!.,.,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: if its warm i want sun..if its cold i want snow.

low is over around the isle of man and is 958mb.

Posted

Yes it's the same here just south of St Neots, the roof is creaking!

I live alone and no background noise right now, so all I can hear is the wind roaring outside, that is quite a thing.