Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 13/02/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Managed to get the dog out for a walk after a long protest didn't want to get her paws wet! Wind had increased in the last hour torrential rain. Lights seem to be flickering.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Just seen my niece's plane take off from Gatwick on the radar. That is sooooooo cool; but they were about 20 minutes late. Must be the weather.

Rain stopped here but getting very blustery.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

It's funny how storms turn people to drink, 5.40 and people are hitting the booze, with the amount of storms we've had, everyone's livers will be crying for help come april. I'm off for a drink.

I have a full case of Carlsberg, Netweather online, Rain Today etc, and a healthy liver so far. I'm only 52, maybe time will tell Posted Image

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Well it is Friday. And it's after work so sod it. I would rather be in somewhere safe having a drink than outside, so BEER PLEASE Posted Image

cheers

Just seen my niece's plane take off from Gatwick on the radar. That is sooooooo cool; but they were about 20 minutes late. Must be the weather.

Rain stopped here but getting very blustery.

Do you work at air traffic control

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: if its warm i want sun..if its cold i want snow.

Except the snow is not for this region so we only get two prongs !!

Posted Imageimage.jpg

you can fit quite a lot of weather onto "two prongs". Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

cheersDo you work at air traffic control

There is a website that shows all of the planes taking off and landing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and no more than 25degC

My wind noise is currently drowned out by the washing machine as I have a shorter weekend I need to get it going now rather than later as it cannot hang outside and drying inside is a PITA due to lack oh suitable hanging space (plus I did the bedsheets and all so the pile is extra higher again this weekend)

I have had the dishwasher and the washing machine on all afternoon- one load of washing left to do -(in advance of the impending power cuts/lack of sewage/wastewater facilities later!) Also going to re-organise the fridge. Have got soups and the piggies will have their favourite veg tonight - carrots with the green tops - to take their minds off the storm later tonight.

Still cleaning out/disinfecting the pet carriers from yesterday's rescue run in case I need them to evacuate my own pigs tonight. Keep popping out to the green recycling bin to find the wind is very undecided here atm - few gusts but then sometimes quite calm.......not liking this eerie feeling at all........sod it......pass the wine please somebodyxxxx

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

Well it is Friday. And it's after work so sod it. I would rather be in somewhere safe having a drink than outside, so BEER PLEASE :)

I agree , nothing to do but drink. Ive already polished off a botlle Shiraz. Now need yo find some moreHello my name is Fluid dynamic and ive got a problem ;)
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales/storms, snow, thunder!

No suggestion of 70mph inland gusts on Met Office now generally going for 55-60mph but other sources are indicating otherwise!

Posted

Blustery shower in Reigate, rain banging against the study window. High up at the back of the house, so at the moment getting the full effect of the wind.  Nothing too strong yet, though there are the occasional more pushy blasts, but it's very atmospheric up here.  Got to go out about 7 to drop eldest off on date, then back home, light fire, bottle of fizzy (note, this will not be Tizer) followed by steak and chips and a couple of glasses of red.  No idea what my wife is having..... 

AS

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

I have a full case of Carlsberg, Netweather online, Rain Today etc, and a healthy liver so far. I'm only 52, maybe time will tell Posted Image

I have a full bottle of wine, NW on the ipad, radar etc on the netbook, no idea about my liver, I'm only 5'2" and the time is 18:00hrs Posted Image

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Is this now a dating site?

My liver is bigger than yours?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

Is this now a dating site?

My liver is bigger than yours?

I thought it always was a dating site?

Why, what are you doing on here ? :)

• Like 5

Posted

I have a full bottle of wine, NW on the ipad, radar etc on the netbook, no idea about my liver, I'm only 5'2" and the time is 18:00hrs Posted Image

And I thought I was bad with just a glass of wine. it is however red, 14% Shiraz. Luverly! No idea about my liver either but as I usually have a glass of red every night maybe not so good. LOL. Not worrying as storm might get me before the liver does.

• Like 1

Posted

I'm have Rose and JD, not in the same glass mind....yet. 

It is blowing out there now and the rain is lashing against my windows.  Can't wait for my meat and potato stew to be ready. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Ah Ali, topical tip tonight! Dazzling Valentine (7.05 Wolverhampton).

Even bigger tip, don't back it and keep your money your pocket!

Tom.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

cheersDo you work at air traffic control

Lol. I wish. No....it's a radar app on my Ipad. It's brilliant. :)
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Blowing a bit here in the park and rain slamming patio doors! Meant to be going out tonight to see a band, hmmmmm, it's a bit wet tho!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

I thought it always was a dating site?

Why, what are you doing on here ? Posted Image

more like a liver comparision  site, comparelivers.com 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and no more than 25degC

Ye gods - seriously thought sink tap washer had suddenly failed- just the rain battering against the leaky back door........reckon that's yet another load for the washing machine....more towels matron please. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

And I thought I was bad with just a glass of wine. it is however red, 14% Shiraz. Luverly! No idea about my liver either but as I usually have a glass of red every night maybe not so good. LOL. Not worrying as storm might get me before the liver does.

It's going to be a long night .....I will move onto the hot choccy later though Posted Image

Mr Rain has returned to join his friend Mr Wind - both of them are giving the glass roof a good test (the leak was fixed and hopefully still is)  I just hope it's still attached to the rest of the south wing in the morning !