Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 13/02/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Not buying downgrades until this thing has fully cleared. Localised downpours could see substantially increased gusts that could cause significant damage.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Dunno if the 12z is a wobble or not but there are some 80mph+ winds now getting close to the South west so could be a rouge run..

Posted Imagewinddddddd.jpg

Well there's plenty of reds in there! Joking Surrey!

Tom.

• Like 3

Posted

Just a heads up to those of us that use South Eastern Trains to travel - they are putting speed restrictions in place from 7.00pm tonight:  http://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon all

Managed to find a spot of no rain at 15:00 which was a bonus as that was the time I leave the office and out to the car, so my expected soaking did not happen, I have all the supplies I need already in the house and thus no reason to venture out again technically till next weeks return to the orifice ( I am working tomorrow but from home ), still not really raining here but wind has picked up and some hefty gusts in there to, the drive home on the open parts of the dual carriageway were hairy, you could feel the car being 'pushed' sideways a few times.

Stay safe all and lets hope it does not turn out as bad a initially predicated for the next 24hrs (and we finally get to see these storm systems give up, at least for a while so we can all recover).

Posted

Not buying downgrades until this thing has fully cleared. Localised downpours could see substantially increased gusts that could cause significant damage.

I agree with this. It is the squalls that will cause any problems not the mean wind speeds.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Its a shame most of this action was not implemented months ago..Same old SAME OLD.Wait till the worst has happened and then deal with it.

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales/storms, snow, thunder!

Something is definitely brewing the only question is to what extent, the colour of the sky is scarily dark out there at the moment and as I speak the winds have just started picking up!   Posted Image  Who's getting worried yet?

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Have broken down and waiting for AA, in this weather, how unlucky can I be! Posted Image

Never a good time to break down but in this it's much worse, hope the AA respond to you quickly and your in a safe place while you wait - where are you ?
  • Like 2

Posted

Its a shame most of this action was not implemented months ago..Same old SAME OLD.Wait till the worst has happened and then deal with it.

Posted Image

I wonder! Are they getting worried about the 2015 elections. Posted Image Would they just say this is just exceptional one in a 100 year weather if they had been elected this year?

Knightrider said. "Who's getting worried yet?" Not me. well not YET anyway.

Edited by coldfingers
  • Like 1

Posted

Posted Image Look at the tail on that Bugger.....Bloody horrendous,There's your months worth of rain. Crazy ,Just crazy now.

Posted Image

Posted Image

That;s a very worrying projected storm system, The strongest part of the jet must be right on top of us at 1.00am later just to speed things up.

Posted Image

Estofex level 1 warning...Possible Tornado event.

http://www.estofex.org/

Edited by Jason T
  • Like 3

Posted

Never a good time to break down but in this it's much worse, hope the AA respond to you quickly and your in a safe place while you wait - where are you ?

It's ok they are here, battery is dead and being replaced, hopefully will be back on the road in a bit. It's gone really dark again, so hopefully he will be quick! Thanks for the concern :)
  • Like 2

Posted

Posted Image Look at the tail on that Bugger.....Bloody horrendous,There's your months worth of rain. Crazy ,Just crazy now.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ouch that looks bad across SE, the winds are picking up here quite a bit now a noticeable increase in the last 20 minutes or so.

Posted

gusting up to 70mph in devon and cornwall now.

don't be fooled if the top windspeeds turn out to be slightly lower than expected, (which we don't know yet) its the duration of the storm which is the problem.

for example, a large tree may be able to handle a brief period of 70mph+ gusts but could it handle several hours battering by 60mph gusts?

thats the problem we could be facing here.

• Like 1

Posted

WOW what a gust>? Posted Image Posted Image Scaffold sign just blew off outside the office

Yeah it's starting to blow up a little bit here too, gusting over 30mph I'd say to think that later it could be gusting over twice this strong!  Posted Image Sky is worryingly dark I fear an intense thunderstorm/ squall line at some point maybe even a sting jet.

gusting up to 70mph in devon and cornwall now.

don't be fooled if the top windspeeds turn out to be slightly lower than expected, (which we don't know yet) its the duration of the storm which is the problem.

for example, a large tree may be able to handle a brief period of 70mph+ gusts but could it handle several hours battering by 60mph gusts?

thats the problem we could be facing here.

And no several hours of 60-70mph gusts wouldn't be good for the chances of trees surviving.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Sky getting very dark here. Looks quite alarming. :O

• Like 1

Posted

That;s a very worrying projected storm system, The strongest part of the jet must be right on top of us at 1.00am later just to speed things up.

Estofex level 1 warning...Possible Tornado event.

http://www.estofex.org/

Jason, I would have liked to click Like This for the post. However as that wind chart for 00:00 onward tomorrow shows an 80mph winds over me then I am not sure I like THAT!

I don't think I want to be in that purple area for the winds. Can I opt out please? And YES, those charts have finally got me worried.

Edited by coldfingers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Scenarios similar to October 2000 could well be possible on South Coast tonight with a potential tornado event, especially around Solent towards Sussex. Thats my take on it. Charts look quite worrying and would really catch our eye a lot more if we didn't have storm fatigue.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snow and a good Thunder & Lightening

People at Brighton Station reporting all trains from Brighton to London cancelled.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

A big military helicopter (not a chinook) has just made a quick pit stop at Kent Police HQ. Don't know whats occuring but I'm guessing its flooding/weather related.

....and timed very nicely for the 16:00hrs tea break time I would imagine Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Something is definitely brewing the only question is to what extent, the colour of the sky is scarily dark out there at the moment and as I speak the winds have just started picking up!   Posted Image  Who's getting worried yet?

Keep up the reports please. I'm just downwind of you (well today at least) Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

St Albans battered by storms - motorists warned to be extra careful: The district is currently ... http://bit.ly/1jha0gz  #Hertfordshire