Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 13/02/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Location: Currently Southminster, Essex (but original home town Northampton)
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow/Blizzards in Winter, Cool Summers. (I'm allergic to heat)!
  • Location: Currently Southminster, Essex (but original home town Northampton)

Look at the 12 o'clock one.

Hi alexisj9 Posted Image

Every night the midnight one is always wrong for some reason on that website. Not sure why, but it could be something to do with lack of data or something.

Wind outside is absolutely horrendous here. Constant 60mph - 70mph gusts! Another night without sleep Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Oh the joys of living near the coast on nights like this...

Edited by SE Blizzards
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

Lights flickering here now....May not be long before we get a power out

Posted

Hi alexisj9 Posted Image

Every night the midnight one is always wrong for some reason on that website. Not sure why, but it could be something to do with lack of data or something.

Wind outside is absolutely horrendous here. Constant 60mph - 70mph gusts! Another night without sleep Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Oh the joys of living near the coast...

Thank you! I saw that too and couldn't work out what had happened. The 01.00 view is more sensible again!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Wind is really scarey to me now, I'm sitting here shaking, a constant roar with big gusts. Not sure if they are any stronger than earlier but the sustained wind is stronger and more sustained for sure.

• Like 2

Posted

Wind is really scarey to me now, I'm sitting here shaking, a constant roar with big gusts. Not sure if they are any stronger than earlier but the sustained wind is stronger and more sustained for sure.

I thought it was getting quieter. Past half hour had almighty gusts. Could be a long night.Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

kent must be getting it bad tonight, hang on in there and don't be frightened. You're safe in your house.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Blimus! It's still roaring here. Some very powerful gusts. And that blasted moaning sound is driving me NUTS!!!! G

I think (un) civil war is being waged over on the Atlantic Storms thread. :O Wallies!

Posted

You must live in a different London to me then.Posted Image

i'm actually not that far from you as it goes

Blimus! It's still roaring here. Some very powerful gusts. And that blasted moaning sound is driving me NUTS!!!! G

I think (un) civil war is being waged over on the Atlantic Storms thread. Posted Image Wallies!

there's an atalantic storm thread.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

got any candles? May come in handy.

Got 3 torches and a dozen led mini lights just in case....shouldn't need the now though, gusts eased down and off to bed!Nite all :-)

Posted

thanks, this thread is far more civilized, are you on your own in this storm, if so nowonder you're frightened.

Posted

Martin did you see the pictures I put up the other day of Birling Gap?

Hi Jules, yes I did and thanks for posting them. In the top right hand corner of those pics is a red roofed building which is a B & B called the Boat House. I have stayed there many a time and know the owners Geoff and Anne quite well.

About 3 years ago they had the whole building moved back from it's original location by 30 metres. A good decison on their part I think.Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

i'm actually not that far from you as it goes

Who knows ? Londons a big City but I can assure you it's still blowing a gale in the part I live in, and has been for the last 9 hours at least Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

Shocking .108 mph on southcoast met office. Wakey wakey .no red warning .sorry 109mph higher than anything on Wednesday .

I think this gust was recorded away from the coast on a very exposed strip, gusts actually on the coast and inland although high are not at that level which is why I think the Met office did not go red on this. Edited by scotteboi
  • Like 2

Posted

Still very windy hearI don't sleep well anyway so can wind watch ( rather be snow watching )

same here, haven't had a flake in london this winter.