Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 13/02/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

some idiots on the bognor webcam running up to nd away from the waters edge. i hope to god they don't get swept away. what is wrong with people!

Do you have a link? :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

57.6mph recorded at Reigate Grammar School. Slowly increasing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Awesome Creature

Posted Image

WIND GUSTS REALLY REALLY KICKING UP NOW.

Edited by Jason T
  • Like 1

Posted

some idiots on the bognor webcam running up to nd away from the waters edge. i hope to god they don't get swept away. what is wrong with people!

They left their brains in the nightclub on the pier I expect.

Posted

109 MPH ALERT: Huge 109mph wind gust at Needles Lighthouse - Courtesy Of MetDesk

Posted Image14.02.14 Storm.png

Yamps, come on, don't be daft. Needles is a wild exposed place. We could all predict 100 mph during these type of storms and then say 'told you so' based on the Needles, the Scilly Iles, Lundy island, etc, whether there is extra 'energy' or not. It really doesn't help anyone, I think, to post such wild projections and then pick somewhere miles away from most on this and any other thread and then try to justify your forecast, particularly as you often back it up with apparent local council warnings/predictions. Surely you can see that some on here have been unnerved by predictions today? Even more reason to be balanced I would have thought?

Winds have, just a touch, calmed down here in the last 30 mins though it is still quite lively

AS

Edited by abruzzi spur
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Could we be exspiriencing a sting jet as it is very windy out there.

Nope doesn't sound anything like 87 yet, if that happens I'll be under my stairs. Look for a constant gust that doesn't slow down at all for at least 10 mins, then you'll be in sting jet territory.

• Like 1

Posted

Without a doubt the roughest we've had it this winter tonight. A window pane has just blown out of my greenhouse and smashed. A pretty heavy (and full) wheelie bin has shifted a good 30 yards and the contents are all over the back garden now. Joy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

Crazy !!!

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Blimey......you could go white water rafting on the Orwell right now. It's so choppy you can see the white tips from the bedroom window. And the wind has really picked up, that lamp post looks dodgy...............:O

• Like 1

Posted

Those saying it has peaked because it's calmed down where they are for maybe 10/15 minutes are, sadly, not right, as it is yet to reach it's peak, and here, the winds are actually increasing again.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

This is way noisier than the Xmas eve storm! The trees are absolutely roaring and whipping about in a frenzy and aircraft flying out of LHR are nowhere near normal paths.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Just looked out and no idea what the bang was but my garden has be re-arranged and I have extra stuff ( but also seem to be missing stuff too)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

Wind is roaring away outside, I've got my window open that is pretty stiff and a gust of wind just forced it wide open - I best keep it shut! Lights have started dimming every now and again here.

I'm not sure what it was but something fairly big just went flying past my window and made a huge thud as it hit against something?! Posted Image 

Edited by <<Ryan>>
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales/storms, snow, thunder!

Gust last hour from our local weatherman's website of 55mph but his house is sheltered at the bottom of the hill, but as things stand we've topped St Jude by some distance already, it seems to have eased off abit after that MAD gust though maybe that was its peak here I don't know but I'd say that was easily 65 if not 70.