Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 13/02/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales/storms, snow, thunder!

To think we still got a good 2 hours of this picking up before we see the worst of the winds it's insane out there Damn!

Quite agree it's occasionally gusting in the 55-60mph region already and reports of 70-80mph on the south coast, somewhere inland is going to see over 70 before the nights done and probably 90+ on the coast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

Should I go and stand outside?? Because I can hear gusts but really it doesn't sound anything unusual to me ,is it because it's now become the norm? Or is it because my double glazing is too bloody good or maybe I'm going deaf? Ok I'm going to pour another vodka

I'm about to go and take my dogs out for a walk around the block so Ill let you know , but here in Shoreham Max Gust so far is 61Mph. 

in 2014 I have seen it higher than that 3 times already, so I think I agree, for me this doesn't feel extreme at all. 

Maybe we're just getting accustomed to it ??

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Still watching the Bognor webcam

http://www.bognorregisbeach.co.uk/live

The waves are getting to the top of the sandbank now & with over an hour until high-tide I wouldn't be surprised to see waves hitting the shops Posted Image

Im watching it too, but Im looking at it, and I think the bank will hold, I dont think it will overtop.

Posted

John I have to drive to Birmingham at 7am !

John I have to drive to Birmingham at 7am !

hi mate

40-50 gusts around then with some showers but patchy

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I guess Medway has been pretty sheltered compared to elsewhere with the winds as this is by far worse than what we've had in years whereas others are saying it's not as bad as Christmas Eve yet.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

uh oh...5 day respite then maybe next one on its way from the West. Early days yet though tracking could change.

Posted Image

Pub run 18z 1.00 am locale

Posted Image

Holy S*/t

Storm Motion

Posted Image

Edited by Jason T
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snow and a good Thunder & Lightening

Should I go and stand outside?? Because I can hear gusts but really it doesn't sound anything unusual to me ,is it because it's now become the norm? Or is it because my double glazing is too bloody good or maybe I'm going deaf? Ok I'm going to pour another vodka

just open the window a bit for full effect

Marie, Down in the Valley had a couple of huge gusts about 10 minutes ago, pretty sure a tree/s came down in the wood at the back of my garden with a huge cracks heard, but other than that still seems not too bad this end either.

Lol Tilly, mines open :-) Just put some more logs in the stove, buts it's not that cold either outside.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

The waves are getting to the top of the sandbank now & with over an hour until high-tide I wouldn't be surprised to see waves hitting the shops Posted Image

lol

Hi Daniel, 

Those are pebbled beaches that bank moves up along with the waves, the waves create the bank in fact.

As far as I know, and I might be wrong, but there's not any sandy beaches in Bognor

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Wow gust just shook the whole house

Sky still working though :)

Edited by snowbob

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales/storms, snow, thunder!

Seems to have eased off a touch here but rain is hammering down and I keep seeing blue flashes in the sky but no thunder so thinking it could be power cables going.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Just let the dog out. I ended up standing outside for about 15 minutes and felt a tad worried. Some of those gusts are powerful. If it is going to increase then may be the odd tree down around here!

Raining, but not torrential.

Gatwick have still been flying though not seen one go up for around 10 minutes now. Maybe they are dodging the gusts. The last one's take off looked very scary. One is just heading out now and the wind has dropped.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

Marie, Down in the Valley had a couple of huge gusts about 10 minutes ago, pretty sure a tree/s came down in the wood at the back of my garden with a huge cracks heard, but other than that still seems not too bad this end either.

Lol Tilly, mines open :-) Just put some more logs in the stove, buts it's not that cold either outside.

Mine are all open but its starting to sound really scary. Eeek lights flickering here now

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

lol

Hi Daniel, 

Those are pebbled beaches that bank moves up along with the waves, the waves create the bank in fact.

As far as I know, and I might be wrong, but there's not any sandy beaches in Bognor

I was going off of the "gallery" images. It's too dark to see whether it's sand or pebble but I assume this is the same camera we're watching live

post-7073-0-92880500-1392415232_thumb.pnpost-7073-0-92880500-1392415232_thumb.pn

• Like 2

Posted

Now Bognor has Force 10 mean speed and Force 12 gusts. 67.5 knots or 77.5 mph.

http://www.chimet.co.uk/%28S%28c50t5n3hum0yyp45051ooq55%29%29/Default.aspx

Still getting worse. How high can it go?  Posted Image  Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Humid & stormy

as the winds move toward more east/southeast what ever direction will they weaken, increase or just stay the same? any ideas

winds very gusty but looking at local weather stations we have had higher winds this winter then now

Edited by JK1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Really strong gusts kicking off now

The roar is tremendous

Debris everywhere

Door obviously not as secure as I thought rattling like a pensioner on nemesis lol

• Like 3

Posted

I live here and would be surprised to see the waves hitting the shops. Wouldn't be surprised if the fishermen come down to move their boat soon though. Sea water not been on to the road in Bognor seafront since '87 but tonight seems to be the worst since then in my view. Especially seeing we haven't reached the peak of the storm yet. My house is starting to creak in some of the more severe gusts and I can hear the tiles lifting. Hope they stay on!

Edited by coldfingers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

This feels at least on a par to the Xmas Eve, eve storm. That said I was quite far into the Gin that night so may have slight lapse of how windy it was.

I think tonight sounds at least more consistently gusty if that makes sense?

And Lassie - not really my weather preference this winter tbh. It's been interesting without a doubt but I favour the more electrical/convective variety. Or snow. Photographing gale force winds is kind of impossible....

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Marie, Down in the Valley had a couple of huge gusts about 10 minutes ago, pretty sure a tree/s came down in the wood at the back of my garden with a huge cracks heard, but other than that still seems not too bad this end either. Lol Tilly, mines open :-) Just put some more logs in the stove, buts it's not that cold either outside.

Alixandra where abouts are you? I'm in Mile oak ,it's def getting windier ,I had new double glazed windows in august ,I reckon that's the Problem lol x
  • Like 2