Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 13/02/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

it wasn't your next doot neighbour was it

Am planning to inspect the hole later to see what / who is in it, if it weren't for people nicking my jokes (BJ) I could have said I was looking into it.Sorry people I been really good this week, and I was determined to be good, but it have failed, and I gone off topic, but really it wasn't my fault, you lot made it all to easy, for me. Edited by Charltonkerry
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

wowzers, its really starting to blow out there! I've held my breath listening to some of those gusts, they seem to go on forever getting louder and louder. I'm going to try and stay up else I know I'll end up sleeping through everything. Hope everyone is ok :)

• Like 3

Posted

Nice webcam! Can't help wishing it was day time but it's clear enough. I used to go down to Bognor a lot as a kid, looks like there could be some flooding there tonight

Pagham is the area most at risk tonight. The last severe storm the defences were breached and a couple of roads were flooded. What is most worrying is that the beach is disappearing at a rate of knots and the houses are now perilously close to the edge! If I lived there I would sleep elsewhere tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales/storms, snow, thunder!

Latest observation from UK Weather app for Romford 32mph gusting to 59mph I'd say that's pretty accurate from what I'm experiencing and it could get worse yet!

Posted

Still just the occasional gust here...how is it for peeps east of me like Folkestone and Dover. And is Tamara under any weather yet (apart from in the mod thread)?

Posted

If the sound alone is anything to go by I would say this is fast approaching the worst windstorm of the winter so far in these parts. Latest gust speeds from Heathrow and Northolt have been in excess of 40mph since 5pm, and well in excess of 50mph for the last couple of hours.

Nothing compared to the coast I grant you, but still quite significant for the London suburbs.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Should I go and stand outside?? Because I can hear gusts but really it doesn't sound anything unusual to me ,is it because it's now become the norm? Or is it because my double glazing is too bloody good or maybe I'm going deaf? Ok I'm going to pour another vodka

• Like 2

Posted

Mental out there, worst gust of the night, house seemed to shake, worse to come ?? Take care people. Stay safe.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

Should I go and stand outside?? Because I can hear gusts but really it doesn't sound anything unusual to me ,is it because it's now become the norm? Or is it because my double glazing is too bloody good or maybe I'm going deaf? Ok I'm going to pour another vodka

just open the window a bit for full effect

• Like 3

Posted

I'm sure this has been asked many times (sorry!) which weather app is best for wind speeds please , it's pretty gusty here in Hertfordshire , not sure if the worst of the winds are here yet thou !

At this stage, there's not really a good app, apart from using the XC weather site for current observations.Strongest winds won't be until midnight at least I think.
  • Like 3

Posted

Well up in my high level blacked out control room all I can hear is the rain lashing the windows,the whole building is creaking with the gusts,I have just called an ac engineer down off the roof as its too dangerous to carry on working on one of our chillers,glad my job is not hands on any more lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Still watching the Bognor webcam

http://www.bognorregisbeach.co.uk/live

The waves are getting to the top of the sandbank now & with over an hour until high-tide I wouldn't be surprised to see waves hitting the shops :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot summers

hi croydon not surprised by what you said just had a huge gust no idea how bigbut was big

John I have to drive to Birmingham at 7am !

Posted
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany

seems a bit windier here than I expected.  Some hefty gusts coming through now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Getting pretty gusty out there now.

Not approaching the Monday before Christmas just yet but a few hours to go before the peak by the sound of it.

Hopefully will have got enough wine in me by then to not notice too much!Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Woah....

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Gotta be honest. It's a bit rough out there. Just went outside to meet someone briefly and there is debris and stuff around and wheelie bin flipped over.