Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 13/02/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT
  • Weather Preferences: I like a bit of weather
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT

Dear All.... its been great... I am preparing to set sail for the Bahamas as we speak.  Just to keep within rules... Fast moving clouds outside my office window in Tunbridge Wells!!!!Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales/storms, snow, thunder!

Posted Image Look at the tail on that Bugger.....Bloody horrendous,There's your months worth of rain. Crazy ,Just crazy now.

Posted Image

Posted Image

That;s a very worrying projected storm system, The strongest part of the jet must be right on top of us at 1.00am later just to speed things up.

Posted Image

Estofex level 1 warning...Possible Tornado event.

http://www.estofex.org/

Going by that gusts of 75-80mph don't seem improbable even for the Thames estuary / southern Essex and maybe even eastern Greater London over 90mph just off the coast of south Devon Posted Image Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Jason, I would have liked to click Like This for the post. However as that wind chart for 00:00 onward tomorrow shows an 80mph winds over me then I am not sure I like THAT!

I don't think I want to be in that purple area for the winds. Can I opt out please? And YES, those charts have finally got me worried.

No problems mate, I am getting quite worried as this could be the worst storm yet for Our region

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Really nothing of note here yet....you got much Saint?

Posted

Will we notice any difference? Posted Image

absolutely not never fast trains on southeastern...

just hoping dlr running tomorrow at 6 am

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

An excellent post (as always) by Perfect Storm on his facebook page....

post-10773-0-24571900-1392396554_thumb.p

To make things a little clearer, here are the maximum potential wind gusts that I have quickly stitched together. The south coast obviously bearing the brunt of this storm.

• Like 1

Posted

Things looking less and less pretty by the minute out there it seems, things getting darker and wind getting stronger!  Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, blue sky summers, misty,frosty autumns!

It's very strange here - it has actually calmed down a bit in th last 15 minutes. The pressure is 992 and the temp is 10,5 which seems high to me.

We have had heavy rain for most of the day that has caused a landslide on the railway line between Oxted and Uckfield so there are no trains. The river Uck is now on flood alert again. Fully expecting the situation to worsen in the next few hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

People at Brighton Station reporting all trains from Brighton to London cancelled.

I wonder if there  are trees on the lines. Is it really bad in brighton, have those 80mph gusts arrived?

Posted

Posted Image1939626_584881824937701_700322525_n.png

To make things a little clearer, here are the maximum potential wind gusts that I have quickly stitched together. The south coast obviously bearing the brunt of this storm.

I'm boarder line between the Amber and Red zone I can't quite tell which side I just fall on because it's hard to make out the Thames and the outer Greater London ring but whichever side I'm on looking at least 60mph and that's the best case scenario!  Posted Image

Posted

Posted Image1939626_584881824937701_700322525_n.png

Just saying my Met office Iphone App still says says 44Mph sustained and gusts of 86Mph between midnight and 3am for Central London, 92Mph Gust out Margate way and 88Mph near Heathrow for same period

Posted

Scenarios similar to October 2000 could well be possible on South Coast tonight with a potential tornado event, especially around Solent towards Sussex. Thats my take on it. Charts look quite worrying and would really catch our eye a lot more if we didn't have storm fatigue.

Selsey again ??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Sunset here at 17:15 today, you wouldn't have guessed it by looking out the window. It was actually darker here at 15:00 when the rain passed through!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

things starting to look lively here. We have an evening planned of watching the new series of House Of Cards but all I really want to do is sit in silence and listen to the wind blow. I dont think OH will be up for that somehow Posted Image  Just have to wait until he goes home!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snow and a good Thunder & Lightening

I wonder if there  are trees on the lines. Is it really bad in brighton, have those 80mph gusts arrived?

Currently 10 degrees, pressure at 975.5 and quite calm here. Flooding on Brighton mainline at Patcham, Clayton Tunnel and several other areas is all that's being reported atm.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

St Albans battered by storms - motorists warned to be extra careful: The district is currently ... http://bit.ly/1jha0gz  #Hertfordshire

Will call my relatives down there in a while to make sure they are all right and safely bedded down (so to speak) for the night and the duration of this storm, I am a bit further up the area and whilst it is still looking bad it is not looking quite as bad, but then again it is borderline as it is quite rural and open, more so where myself and my local family all live, open fields either adjacent or not more than a street or two away so nothing to halt the wind.

Edited by Jax

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

things starting to look lively here. We have an evening planned of watching the new series of House Of Cards but all I really want to do is sit in silence and listen to the wind blow. I dont think OH will be up for that somehow Posted Image  Just have to wait until he goes home!!

sound off subtitles on, problem solvedPosted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and no more than 25degC

Phew - I'm now ready for flooding but not yet for the gales.

Now please don;t laugh - but when there is a risk of the house flooding I do like to have nice clean floors/carpets..... so having moved everything to higher ground, have been madly vacuuming up the stray hay and wood shavings currently littering the downstairs courtesy of the piggies !

Thankfully it stopped raining here about 3.30pm......stream peaked 2" short of flooding the bridge/breaking bank.......this was about 4.15pm so quite chuffed I got the timing right!

It's all going to depend now on how much more rain is dumped in how short a space of time tonight. The stream is primed to capacity - we need a pause in the rain for a good 2hours to give it time to recover otherwise another 5mm in 30mins will tip it over and it will all end in soggy mess.Worryingly it's gone very dark here and just had visit from PCSO  on duty til midnight to identify possible  flooding/sewage issues for vulnerable residents that could arise later - have told her that tea and coffee is available here throughout the night for her and colleagues...provided they can get across the bridge

Back later tonight when the winds pick up.xxx 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Not even the slightest hint of a storm here, a bit breezy and had some rain today but nothing out of the ordinary whatsoever

Posted

Latest BBC forecast downgraded the winds for London a by just a peg since their lunchtime broadcast which said 70mph now going for 60mph but everything else still going for 70mph+ I'm still confused Posted Image

Posted

Crap! This is looking bad ... its soooo eerily dark out there. Glad to be home. Got my beer and will be here with you guys for the all nighter :)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

sound off subtitles on, problem solvedPosted Image

I'll run this by him, bet he says no though lol