Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 13/02/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Keep an eye on your sandbags Luke !

Police said the bags are being swiped from outside people’s homes by theives in Surrey - and there are reports of them being sold on for £10 to £50 each

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/flooding-sandbag-bandits-charging-flood-3139989

Morning all - very calm here this morning, bright and breezy but just a tad damp - the ladies are doing lunch and having retail therapy today :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, blue sky summers, misty,frosty autumns!

Thanks for that Mal.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Keep an eye on your sandbags Luke !Police said the bags are being swiped from outside people’s homes by theives in Surrey - and there are reports of them being sold on for £10 to £50 eachhttp://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/flooding-sandbag-bandits-charging-flood-3139989Morning all - very calm here this morning, bright and breezy but just a tad damp - the ladies are doing lunch and having retail therapy today :-)

Some people are disgusting, let's make money by taking people sandbags and letting them flood. Makes me sick.

• Like 5

Posted

Morning..

Had some sleet here last night in a very heavy squall around midnight, the wind roared and made the house creak so I got up to look and it was sleeting! Massive flakes in the rain. I recorded it for proof and also in case they're the only flakes I see this winter..will post it later when I work out how!

Had a long hail shower this morning with a decent covering, maybe I'll submit that to the snow cup :rofl:

post-5283-0-01012300-1392284211_thumb.jp

Currently raining lightly and 3.2c (much colder than forecast!)

Edited by lottiekent
  • Like 4

Posted

They would likely not upgrade to amber until they are sure, and closer to the time. As we saw for Wales yesterday, the red was issued in the morning.Mal

Hi Mal slight disagreement there. Amber warnings were out on monday for yesterdays storm. would not surprise me if we went amber today

Posted

Good morning,

Very dark and gloomy and chilly here, wind gusted all night but not as bad as some storms we have had, still gusting a bit, cant hear any rain.Had one massive gust in the night which dislodged the loft hatch and woke me.

As to these terror storms, are they like terror-dactyls?

Posted

Yea I reckon warnings will get changed today. A few rumbles just gone midnight and lightning alarm was gong off with some stuff bobbing along in the channel.

Luke check out google they have had people saying its not just a case of putting sandbags down they have to be put down a certain way to be effective.

Looks like we may get a dry slot this afternoon, here's hoping eh.

Keep an eye on your sandbags Luke !Police said the bags are being swiped from outside people’s homes by theives in Surrey - and there are reports of them being sold on for £10 to £50 eachhttp://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/flooding-sandbag-bandits-charging-flood-3139989Morning all - very calm here this morning, bright and breezy but just a tad damp - the ladies are doing lunch and having retail therapy today :-)

Thanks Ali, I have 16 tonnes of sand on my drive now so they can nick as much as they want.. LOL

• Like 3

Posted

Based on previous days, I expect METO to upgraded warnings within the next few hours.

70mph gusts in land is looking possible at the moment, which is certainly a bit worrying.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all. :)

Early cloud and drizzle has departed, leaving a sunny day, with just a few wisps of cirrus. It'd be pleasant, if it could last.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Just had that heavy hail shower Surrey, temp has dropped as a result, brr! Water levels of the Thames have dropped a little here, which is great. Big concerns about tomorrow's deluge/stormy winds. Just what we don't need!

Posted

Lovely and sun here best make the most of it and get and tidy the garden back up.

Weekly newspaper had me rather confused, 3 families had to evacuated due to flooding , yet although sand bags issued, our cllr Jason ablewhite district council leader is yet to be convinced that dredging the great river Ouse will prevent flooding.

This is what he

Quoted. . If you dredge a river right through it can help with normal rainfall ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Afternoon each. Out at 09:00 this morning and it was a tad chilly. But nice and sunny and a little less chilly on way home. Dry here but gusty.

I see we are in for another battering tomorrow. Hope you folks who are in flood zones are ok. Surely this must end soon. Personally, I like this rough weather, but it must be b***dy horrific for flood victims.

Anyway, you're not forgotten by us lot on NW. :) take care.

• Like 1

Posted

Very intreresting....

Since the 20th december i have received 119 Email notifications from the Met office in relation to London and the southeast weather warnings.

That just goes to show how volatile our weather has been recently. (increased to 120)!!!!!!!!!!

Amazing

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales/storms, snow, thunder!

Tomorrow's storm is looking like the biggest of the winter so far for our region with potentially 65-70mph gusts even in and around the London area which would probably mean 85-90mph along the south coast is quite possible, I'm certain that MetO will update and upgrade the warnings within the next 12 hours.

• Like 1

Posted

i think we willl almost certainly go amber this afternoon... then storm fatigue will setin i believe and we will all head and sleep under a blanket till summer

• Like 1