Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 13/02/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Please continue your regional weather chat here...

link to the previous thread -

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79398-south-east-englandeast-anglia-regional-weather-discussion-100214/page-39

Off to CMK shops in the morning to get myself a pair of these...

post-10773-0-11121400-1392250619_thumb.j

Edited by MKsnowangel
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Evening everyone! just watching that squall go through Florida some nice lightning:http://www.earthcam.com/usa/florida/miamiandthebeaches/?cam=miamibeach2Here its been blustery, just a couple of quite strong gusts and a small amount of rain thankfully!

Posted

http://www.meteociel.fr/cartes_obs/gens_display.php?x=314&y=155&run=18&runpara=0&col=1&type=1&ext=1

heres the gfs pressure ensembles

just a slight difference there at present

going to bed now

been a long day

goodnight all Posted ImagePosted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Please continue your regional weather chat here...

link to the previous thread -

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79398-south-east-englandeast-anglia-regional-weather-discussion-100214/page-39

Off to CMK shops in the morning to get myself a pair of these...

Posted Image1656131_740622672637138_517870397_n.jpg

Woke up because I was COLD so re-lit the bedroom wood stove as quietly as I could. When it's warmed up I'll go back to bed.

My husband and I have decided to have a John and Yoko day tomorrow... we're going to stay in bed and watch DVDs - all day. His turn for the dog walk so I don't even have to get dressed.

There looks like a slight frost out there - bright moonlight and the starlight is twinkling on the puddles - looks beautiful.

MKA - about the bad hair day, get yourself a bottle of spray-on Moroccan Argan Oil. It does your hair good and looks nice, sleek and Jennifer Aniston... you can get it in Waitrose or Boots and a small bottle lasts ages as you don't need much.

And thank you once again JP. You've been a rock for us all... I'd have a break before the big storm Friday/Saturday night. Have a John and Yoko day like us Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT
  • Weather Preferences: I like a bit of weather
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT

Well Fridays storm is further south and ever deeper..

Could you possibly expand on that please.... Calm here at the moment... Awaiting the arrival of two small turtles!! I jest not on that!

Posted

Well Fridays storm is further south and ever deeper..

Surrey can u post us a link at what u can see as on train. Cheers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

morning all :)

very strange looking sky here this morning. If it was colder I'd say it was about to snow but it will probably just rain. Will be following all the great posts in here today and looking forward to JPs thoughts on tomorrows stormage. And Surrey I hope you can floodproof your house today with the sand! 

Have a great day everyone x

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

I get up and surprise surprise it's raining, and looks like it could do for a while. Wind is gusting at 40 again after dropping for a bit. Guess this is the wave that JP saw yesterday. Hope it does not last to long.

Posted

Morning all!

Currently 3.0c here and dry with the sky brightening.

Happy Birthday to Callie today. :)

I don't plan to do much today, other than be a domestic goddess. :D

• Like 1

Posted

Could you possibly expand on that please.... Calm here at the moment... Awaiting the arrival of two small turtles!! I jest not on that!

Surrey can u post us a link at what u can see as on train. Cheers

Posted Image

A further period of very strong winds is possible across southern and southeastern counties of England from Friday afternoon, overnight into Saturday morning. Gusts of 60-70 mph are possible even inland with 80 mph possible along most exposed parts of the south coast.

The public should be aware of the potential for disruption to travel as well as trees being uprooted and perhaps damage to buildings. The very strong winds will be accompanied by large waves along the south coast and the public should be aware of potentially dangerous conditions.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

morning all

Luke, i hope you can dry up today. Tomorrow looks interesting with some hefty gusts. Metdesk are suggesting 65 for my neck of the woods with 80 progged for the south....here we go again eh

Morning all

still looks worrying with worst winds from midnight to 9am Saturday morning

Meto showing gusts 70 to 75 mph

Posted Imagemetw.JPG

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/city-of-london-greater-london#?tab=map&fcTime=1392390000&map=GustSpeed&zoom=5&lon=-4.00&lat=54.63

GFS 0.5 storm motion chart showing around 80mph

Posted Image48-110UKw.GIF Posted Image48-515UKw.GIF

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfs/royaume-uni/storm-motion/3h.htm

Ignore the storm motion charts.. they are not the surface winds :) 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, blue sky summers, misty,frosty autumns!

Morning all.

Started off grey and with rain this morning here and the temperature is a chilly 4.1. Rain has stopped now though. Skies currently grey but thankfully no wind.

Not liking the look of tomorrow, but whilst the met have said the winds could gust to 80 in the channel and up to 60 inland they still have us under a yellow warning. I would have thought it should be amber. Am I missing something?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Morning all

still looks worrying with worst winds from midnight to 9am Saturday morning

Meto showing gusts 70 to 75 mph

Posted Imagemetw.JPG

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/city-of-london-greater-london#?tab=map&fcTime=1392390000&map=GustSpeed&zoom=5&lon=-4.00&lat=54.63

GFS 0.5 storm motion chart showing around 80mph

Posted Image48-110UKw.GIF Posted Image48-515UKw.GIF

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfs/royaume-uni/storm-motion/3h.htm

If met are showing 70/75 i'll expect a little more as for some reason the gusts here sometimes go about 10mph higher. Hopefully this is one of the times they are right or got it to strong. To strong hasn't happened once this year though.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Morning all.Started off grey and with rain this morning here and the temperature is a chilly 4.1. Rain has stopped now though. Skies currently grey but thankfully no wind.Not liking the look of tomorrow, but whilst the met have said the winds could gust to 80 in the channel and up to 60 inland they still have us under a yellow warning. I would have thought it should be amber. Am I missing something?

They would likely not upgrade to amber until they are sure, and closer to the time. As we saw for Wales yesterday, the red was issued in the morning.Mal