Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Weather Discussion 12/02/14 19z----->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

I see the weathers gone super duper again....its offically the food thread again!!! Chunky chips and steak! Waaaah you making me hungry!! So far left over pizza! Lol

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Nando's in Manchester Arndale was my Saturday dining experience.

Do I know how to treat a woman.

Now it's that do I don't I moment with opening a bottle of red.

Mmmmmmmmmmm watch this space.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

What you mean snow hunting day? Is there a possibility? Lol...or just a drunken hope! ;) well the wind is currently getting up here again.

• Like 2

What you mean snow hunting day? Is there a possibility? Lol...or just a drunken hope! ;) well the wind is currently getting up here again.

still quite a bit up there on the fells, just have to climb a bit , coniston old man my destination from torver car park, 20 minutes drive away from home , I want to see how my new dog ted is in the snow !!....l
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

get it opened I am on my second bottle !!....

Go on then you've talked me into it.

Posted

Yes the Cumbrian fells above 500m have a decent cover of snow at present, with very high totals above 750m. Suspect the North Pennines also have a good coating.

The last 4 weeks have delivered quite a lot of snow for higher ground after a very poor first half to the season - Christmas and new year being abysmal for the third year in a row. I do hope we see better snowfall around Christmas and new Year next year.

Mid-late February usually sees the fells in peak winter condition.

This winter has been shocking in terms of the lack of even one dry settled calm weekend. We've had the odd Sat or Sunday when it hasn't rained, but cloud and strong winds/gales has made for unpleasant walking conditions. In an average winter we can normally expect at least 2 or 3 fine settled weekends with good visibility, not this year and apart from one or two weekends at back end of November its been like this since August. When will it end?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

Yes the Cumbrian fells above 500m have a decent cover of snow at present, with very high totals above 750m. Suspect the North Pennines also have a good coating.

The last 4 weeks have delivered quite a lot of snow for higher ground after a very poor first half to the season - Christmas and new year being abysmal for the third year in a row. I do hope we see better snowfall around Christmas and new Year next year.

Mid-late February usually sees the fells in peak winter condition.

This winter has been shocking in terms of the lack of even one dry settled calm weekend. We've had the odd Sat or Sunday when it hasn't rained, but cloud and strong winds/gales has made for unpleasant walking conditions. In an average winter we can normally expect at least 2 or 3 fine settled weekends with good visibility, not this year and apart from one or two weekends at back end of November its been like this since August. When will it end?

Forgive me if I get my information wrong but geographically, us being an island in the middle of the Atlantic and all that isn't it a rare event for us to get snow. I know usually Feb is the prime month. Lost track lately need to refresh

Edited by Jan
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Forgive me if I get my information wrong but geographically, us being an island in the middle of the Atlantic and all that isn't it a rare event for us to get snow. I know usually Feb is the prime month. Lost track lately need to refresh

Eh what do you mean we live on an island !!!!!!!

• Like 4

Posted

Eh what do you mean we live on an island !!!!!!!

errrrrm  yup we do

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Yep a lovely sunny day. I have seen the sun quite a bit this week though, so not all that rare here, #Crosby-microclimate. 

• Like 3

Posted

Mornin peeps, what a lovely sunny start to the day, currently 7.5c.........and no rain!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

I had enough of this mild winter. Roll on next winter. Its only 9 months away. Posted Image  No doubt next Winter is more snowier than this.

its short term pain for long term gain I guess.

Edited by pip22
  • Like 1

Posted

Decent enough start to the morning with the big orange ball in the sky putting in a rare appearance.

Shame it's all downhill again later though with rain into tomorrow and still little sign of anything wintry on the horizon.

Anyway on a more positive note, at least dusk is getting later now with the advantage of being able to do outside things returning.

• Like 3

Posted

A few surprise hail showers around about 11am (barely noticeable on the radar) but hopefully the sun looks like seeing out the rest of the day.

Next winter it's going to be a total reversal; California is going to get buckets of much needed rainfall, the Canadian polar vortex is going to stay well and truly too the north and there's going to be lots of blocking and a 3 month deep freeze that will grip Europe... the UK getting mountains of snow....

...and then I wake up.  Actually climate change, bouncing from one extreme to the other, it could happen!

Edited by dodgeredee
  • Like 3

Well a good walk today went to and walked around goats hawse near Coniston old man , patches of snow about, but most snow at 650 m or more , didn't fancy going for top in the end a I'm full of cold !!!.... glorious day up there, if a tad brezzy ....

Edited by Mokidugway
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Well a good walk today went to and walked around goats hawse near Coniston old man , patches of snow about, but most snow at 650 m or more , didn't fancy going for top in the end a I'm full of cold !!!.... glorious day up there, if a tad brezzy ....

You got your snow fix then 

• Like 2