Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 12/02/14 19z ------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

My brother witnessed this funnel cloud today, blimmin typical, he was very blasé about it, saying it was further down to the ground and when he thought he better take a photo for me, it was in its way back up. Great shot though. Hedgend by the way.

good photo. There is a video on you tube of it too called nearly a tornado. I couldn't get the link to work on my phone...
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Morning murk of drizzle and fog this morning. To me this is the worst type of weather!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

All quiet on the weather front M'lud.

Posted

Very light wind, occasional brightness but generally overcast. 11.2c max so far. Not exciting but much needed after the past few weeks onslaught.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Sun out now and then. Broken cloud. 10.2c. Humidity 83%. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Rain now showing on the radar and slowy growing but not massive.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

3mm of rain this evening, horrible weather, but I'll take it over gales and more flooding, what the bet we now freeze in March, when what we really want is a nice pleasantly warm Bartlett!

I'm on night feeds tonight, typical the weather is dull = forums dead! Ah well I'll just mull over the red card that ruined our football match tonight :-(

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Quite the squall went through at 8am this morning with a sudden bout of torrential rain and gusty winds. It was quite impressive considering how small it appears on the radar. Temperature also dropped by 10.1C to 7.9C. Now clearing from the west with blue sky.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

3mm of rain this evening, horrible weather, but I'll take it over gales and more flooding, what the bet we now freeze in March, when what we really want is a nice pleasantly warm Bartlett!

I'm on night feeds tonight, typical the weather is dull = forums dead! Ah well I'll just mull over the red card that ruined our football match tonight :-(

If only you would be right but I don't see a decent freeze anytime this winter or spring and it doesn't look like we shall see any dry sunny and warm weather either which would be my second favourite option.  Posted Image Posted Image

9 days left of the worst wet and mild winter in  living memory Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Looks like more Rain come the end of the weekend then more heavier periods of rain next week with further bouts of wind but no where near as strong as we had recently.

Posted

Quite the squall went through at 8am this morning with a sudden bout of torrential rain and gusty winds. It was quite impressive considering how small it appears on the radar. Temperature also dropped by 10.1C to 7.9C. Now clearing from the west with blue sky.

Yes! I would like to thank the Cold Front for intensifying after I had gone to work once deciding it was a decaying, drizzly feature! It was certainly the latter from 07.00-08.30 while I was working in Trowbridge but then there were 2 squalls with the 2nd being torrential as the sky was clearing! I got drowned!

Then what a change after 09.30 with almost unbroken pleasant, even warm sunshine which has lasted until now although showers are moving in from the West.

• Like 1

Posted

Reports of an earthquake/tremor in Devon, Wales.. Apparently it was 61km SW of Cardiff?!

@LastQuake: M4.5 #earthquake strikes 61 km SW of #Cardiff (United Kingdom) 25 min ago. Read witnesses' stories & share yours: http://t.co/VcFdjd9rGK

Edited by dec10snow
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

With all these earthquake reports, I hope they haven't started fracking without the wider general public knowing about it. Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Yes! I would like to thank the Cold Front for intensifying after I had gone to work once deciding it was a decaying, drizzly feature! It was certainly the latter from 07.00-08.30 while I was working in Trowbridge but then there were 2 squalls with the 2nd being torrential as the sky was clearing! I got drowned!

Then what a change after 09.30 with almost unbroken pleasant, even warm sunshine which has lasted until now although showers are moving in from the West.

Exactly. Days like this are certainly interesting as there have been three very different weather types so far - driving rain and wind, calm clear blue skies and sunshine, and now a mix of sunshine with crisp cb clouds around. Much more fun than yesterday's persistent low cloud.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow and storms

Flooding alert issued tonight for West Berkshire by Thames Valley Police:

Thames Valley Police would like to raise awareness of the current flooding incident in West Berkshire affecting the West IIsley and East IIsley local areas and potentially lower down the valley.

Due to the heavy rainfall and saturation of the land, groundwater level which is rather unpredictable is rising at a considerable rate. We are taking a multi-agency approach to quickly respond with our partner agencies to deal effectively with this emerging issue of flooding and we are deploying our resources to monitor and mitigate the effects of the flooding to these areas.

The military are assisting the police and other agencies to put in preventative measures and sandbagging precautions are currently put in place to protect flooding of properties in East IIsley.

A number of partner agencies are currently involved in pumping water as part of the flood relief efforts in the West IIsley area. This water is being pumped to a nearby stable and onto the land, which is running as part of the natural water course. The pumping flood relief efforts are having an impact on the surface water only and having minimal impact on groundwater flooding in East IIsley.

The impact of the increased levels of the groundwater is contributing to the rise of water levels in East IIsley and risk of flooding of this area in the West Berkshire LPA.

Chief, Insp Cecilia Agger, silver commander said: “Groundwater is rising which is causing flooding, this is due to saturation of the land and surface drainage systems being at full capacity.

“We are working with the military, Royal Berkshire & Fire Rescue Service, Environment Agency and other partner agencies to put in place preventative measures and sandbagging to protect at risk properties.

“I would like to reassure residents we are acting quickly, assessing all risks and taking a multi-agency approach to resolve this emerging flooding risk. Please do not contravene or ignore any road closures put in place, for your safety.

“We aim to ensure there is a minimal disruption to residents but please note there will be some disruption to travel and we would advise residents to look at the West Berkshire Council website for any updates on the road closures.â€

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Wintery mix over the higher Moor tomorrow predicted. Parcel of colder air coming in almost un noticed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: High pressure and NO WIND! - Rain over snow any day.

Haven't passed through in a few days as the weathers been pretty decent.

Apart from the odd shower it's been nice :) Today started off raining and a bit windy, but then turned into a lovely blue skied day.

Currently just had a small rain shower and increasing winds.

5 Degrees

1001.00mb staying steady

9mph wind and 11mph "gusts" but it feels a bit more for me to be honest.

Either way, trying not to complain.. Roll on some more nicer days plllllease!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

Hi guys, hope your all good and well

Horrid drizzle and rain here on and off with some sunshine as well

i see estofex has a few warnings out

http://estofex.org/

Role on summer, good bye LP's, oh wait hang on... hello LP's and wait summer isn't it at the moment lol  Posted Image 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Wintery mix over the higher Moor tomorrow predicted. Parcel of colder air coming in almost un noticed.

I have not been paying attention last few days but as I left for work this morning there was a slushy deposit on my car windscreen not sure when it fell though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Nice enough day at the moment. Sunshine  6.0c. Change to come midday with rain expected.