Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 12/02/14 19z ------->

A.J

Posted

I have been down there this morning, amazing to see so many destroyed. If I knew how to put pics on from an iPod I would post them.

Assuming you're using the mobile theme? If so, when you go to the bottom of the page where the box is to write your post, under this box there is an option of 'more reply options'. If you click on this there should be an option on the page it goes to, to 'choose file' - use this button, then press attach this file when you have selected what you want to post :) Edited by dec10snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: High pressure and NO WIND! - Rain over snow any day.

8mph wind no gusts wahey!

100.3 pressure.. Never been so happy to see the hundreds.

5 degrees out and a lovely night.

Hope everyone has a beautiful sleep as I sure will haha night all

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

8mph wind no gusts wahey!100.3 pressure.. Never been so happy to see the hundreds.5 degrees out and a lovely night.Hope everyone has a beautiful sleep as I sure will haha night all

We can always send some wind to you lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: High pressure and NO WIND! - Rain over snow any day.

We can always send some wind to you lol.

*SDM.13 dislikes this* lol.No thanks!
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Temps falling here currently 1.5 c. Hoping to break the freezing mark. A rarity indeed this winter.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

-0.2C and dry and not windy........and there is blue stuff when I look up, what's going on.........?

Little late, but hers some photos from yesterday morning

Poole Quay 1 hour before high tide on Friday night

post-16760-0-16464900-1392535856_thumb.j

Saturday morning aftermath of Poole Park first snap, rest is Sandbanks

post-16760-0-90560300-1392535872_thumb.jpost-16760-0-80048200-1392535888_thumb.jpost-16760-0-45090200-1392535907_thumb.jpost-16760-0-45090200-1392535907_thumb.jpost-16760-0-45005300-1392535917_thumb.jpost-16760-0-23978500-1392535933_thumb.jpost-16760-0-23219100-1392535943_thumb.jpost-16760-0-73803700-1392535953_thumb.jpost-16760-0-56584100-1392535963_thumb.jpost-16760-0-48642100-1392535972_thumb.jpost-16760-0-95853500-1392535980_thumb.jpost-16760-0-03750000-1392535997_thumb.jpost-16760-0-55728400-1392536006_thumb.j

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Isn't the radar working today?

There aren't any precipitation returns on there Posted Image , this can't be right!

Nope, sadly later today into the overnight period the rain will return, but this time without the 80mph plus gusts.

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

Morning all

Have been incredibly busy over here on the little island, we have had 2 lovely days of sunshine and the temps have been okish too, so clean up operation has been non stop last few days, as many are aware the army has now been drafted in to help the Islanders. A lot of army vehicles came by the ferries, but also you can see some where drafted in my air and landed at cowes, this morning we have had more vehicles land, sorry for some big pictures i was unable to resize a few of them.

THE military has been drafted in to assist with relief efforts on the Isle of Wight after it was pounded by severe weather.

Around 20 soldiers and two Land Rovers have been flown in by Chinook helicopter this afternoon (Saturday), landing at Seaclose park. More troops are expected to arrive tomorrow (Sunday).
A captain and 20 troops arrived by Chinook helicopter at Seaclose Park in Newport this afternoon. They will be on the Island for a short period of time to look at parts of the Island affected by recent weather.
"A number of areas experienced flooding over the past 24 hours, and with more bad weather expected, the military will be working with the Isle of Wight Council to identify potential areas for support.
"With high levels of flooding experienced around the Island in recent weeks, the military has committed to boosting the Island’s sandbag supply and will be delivering additional sandbags to the Island this weekend."
The military team has brought its own vehicles to the Island, so residents should not be alarmed if they see troops around the Island, the council said.

me alarmed never, men in uniform on the island WOOT!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Stats

Blue Sky Posted Image

SunnyPosted Image

warmPosted Image

NO RAIN Posted ImagePosted Image

NO WIND Posted Image

Edited by Cyclonic
  • Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

Ahh the sun is shining and I'm dreaming of summer.  I think we need to make the most of days like these.  Garden has turned into a swamp, I had to put my wellies on to hang the washing out Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Air Temperatures appear to be sky rocketing today, always slow to pick up here but are still rising quickly having climbed 2.5c in less than hour. Could be the warmest day of the year in places, given the abundant sunshine.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

A bit of a nip in the air after an overnight low of 1.0C, with temperature currently at 6.7C and rising, but I'm not complaining! The sunshine is unbroken :). Why can we not have a couple weeks of this? Surely it's not too much to ask for!

Ahh the sun is shining and I'm dreaming of summer.  I think we need to make the most of days like these.  Garden has turned into a swamp, I had to put my wellies on to hang the washing out Posted Image

Lol I know that feeling, I've practically lived in wellies over the last month or so.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

What a gorgeous day after a rare air frost last night. Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

So the Sun DOES still exist! Cracking day :)

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

I,v just had a cup of coffee up garden ,unbelievable in the sun .even joined by a bumble bee ,great to see and a help to many i guess .but plenty of rain in the more west of our region and troublemakers turning up later in the week ,cheers Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image The sun as affected me head or was it that coffee .

• Like 3

Posted

Wow, with the Barometer currently reading 1006.1mb that's the highest reading since February 2nd, all things considered, this was not a bad prediction from back on the 5th February then.  Posted Image

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79252-atlantic-storms-february-2014/?p=2918287

The Max Temps today achieved elsewhere were 12c and more widely 11c so it seems, according to online sources. I got up to 9.2c in my well sheltered garden in the end.

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

We have had a very nice walk on the moors today and just about to have a roast after a stunning day here!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Beautiful day here today. Max of 8.7C after a low of -0.7C with near enough unbroken sunshine all day - the roads are now completely dry and not a puddle in sight. Shame it was just a one-day affair. I could see the high cloud ahead of tomorrow's weather arriving on the western horizon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

Beautiful day here today. Max of 8.7C after a low of -0.7C with near enough unbroken sunshine all day - the roads are now completely dry and not a puddle in sight. Shame it was just a one-day affair. I could see the high cloud ahead of tomorrow's weather arriving on the western ho

possibly a halo again tonight ,yes what a cracking day ,warm in the sun ,bumble bees out and i think a pair of blackbirds are up one of our fir trees thinking of nesting .Fantastic forum this for keeping people informed ,Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Some images from our weekend in Sidmouth.

Firstly a CB with stunning mammatus near Yeovil yesterday morning

post-107-0-96443700-1392578508_thumb.jpg

It was glorious on the coast between the showers with the tide out (in the evening, with the tide in, and full moon rising, large waves were crashing onto the prom)post-107-0-47665100-1392578583_thumb.jpg

A shower and rainbowpost-107-0-98133900-1392578719_thumb.jpg 

Taken today, a lot of the beach has ended up on the prom!post-107-0-73469900-1392578795_thumb.jpg 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Cracking winters day today...if a bit spring like. Got an air frost last night. So that makes just 9 since the 1st December Posted Image We live in incredible times!

Posted

starlings gathering loudly this afternoon, getting organised for local murmuration and suddenly I want to sow some seeds indoors. What a lovely day

• Like 1